Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 141

Thread: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

  1. #51
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    I really don't like to lose to the Bulls!

  2. #52
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody think barring an NBA finals appearance....this might be Vogels last year with the Pacers?
    Certainly not from the standpoint that he isn't a good coach or that he hasn't done a fantastic job. But maybe from the standpoint of things are no longer working, it isn't the coaches fault, but it is easier to change the coach than the players and changes are needed. Yes I could see that. Although I only see that if we lose in the first or second round.

    Remember Larry Brown was let go

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Lurking
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    In light of what UB said earlier, maybe Paul G and Lance don't get along as well on the court anymore.

    In my eyes, ever since Lance got snubbed for the AS game this year, his demeanor has changed and so has his play. hes taken on a more "me" type role and less about filling a hole on our squad. maybe his frustration with the snub combined with his NY-style "ill show u all" attitude has been a net negative for the team as a whole.

  5. #54
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen enough.

    Most of you know me I am slow to make any rash judgments. Never get too high or too low. Always think things tend to even out and a team is never as good as they seem after a win or as bad as it seems after a loss.

    But there is something wrong with this team. The effort is still generally good, but something is really missing, this is not the same team we saw through the first half of the season or in the playoffs last year.


    The fire is gone, the chemistry is gone, the togetherness is gone, the fight is gone, the sense that if I don't get the job done my teammate will be there to back me up - is completely gone. Put simply I see the trust that is needed to be a winning team has vanished. As we all know in any relationship once the trust is gone, it is almost impossible to get it back.

    And let me be 100% clear. 100% clear about this. This has nothing, zero, nada to do with the bench players. No this is the starters, plain and simple. The chemistry has fallen apart amongst the 5 starters. They are not playing like a team, they are not together.

    Two simple plays I say tonight that had to do with body language. (and believe me it is not just tonight, it has been through the past probably 20 games). There was a 2 on 1 fast-break PG had the ball on the left side of the floor, lance was on the right side of the floor. Lance wanted a lob (not really sure It was there - that isn't really the point - PG ends up missing the shot, Lance looks at PG after the play with hands out, as if saying why didn't you pass the ball. PG never looked at Lance at all - on purpose, (there was a timeout right after that play) they didn't walk to the bench together. It was an obvious situation. A yelling or screaming argument would have been more encouraging to me. Sort of like a relationship when things are really bad you actually stop fighting - you just don't care anymore.

    The other one Lance pulls up and takes an early three, and if you look at the reaction of PG, Roy and Hill (West wasn't visible, he was off camera) each of those three players had a disgusted reaction, none tried to even attempt a rebound. I've watched enough basketball, played enough basketball back in my day to know the look and reaction. I've been on teams where a player or two doesn't play team ball, and it tears the team apart. That is what I saw tonight and what has been evident over the past few weeks.

    Sort of like at work, when a co-worker isn't being a team player and you decide you are going to just do your job, keep your head down, not care about your co-workers, every person for themselves. If they aren't going to be team players, then I certainly am not, and I have to look out for myself anyway. Not that you quit doing your job, but your sense of caring for your c-worker and the company, organization, team is gone. You care about yourself only.

    That is what has happened (past tense)

    Let me make something else very clear, I am not blaming anyone in particular. I'll blame all 5 starters - each and every one of them. It is their fault. To me they look sick of each other. If this team fails in the playoffs, however you want to define that, the starting 5 has to be changed in a significant way. Probably 2 of the 5 starters have to be moved. And I am not suggesting who it should be, it might not matter, but these 5 might not be able to play well together again in extended periods of time. some relationships start hot and fizzle quickly, maybe that is what we are seeing.
    Only 3 guys can be moved or jettisoned. Lance, Hill, or Hibbert. They certainly are not going to move PG at the young age of 23-24 years old. They aren't moving West who they just gave 36million, and has a reverent reputation. How do you move Lance when he has arguably been your most consistent player even during this slump. How much do you buy into the idea that Lance is the cause of all of this. His increased usage and shot attempts and control of the ball is the one new factor to this starting line up from last year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  6. #55
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captainC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In light of what UB said earlier, maybe Paul G and Lance don't get along as well on the court anymore.

    In my eyes, ever since Lance got snubbed for the AS game this year, his demeanor has changed and so has his play. hes taken on a more "me" type role and less about filling a hole on our squad. maybe his frustration with the snub combined with his NY-style "ill show u all" attitude has been a net negative for the team as a whole.
    I disagree it started before his snub however the team was winning so nobody was *****ing, soon as the losses start to pile up the chemistry and fun take a hit. It will come down to if our coach is strong enough to handle this.

  7. #56
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    How many of our points came from team play vs coming from a nice individual play by a player. PG had many very nice scoring plays, but it was all himself. Lance had some nice plays, but they only involved himself. Whatever the reason and we can put forth hundreds of possible theories, but this team is no longer a cohesive team

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  9. #57
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Bulls Post Game Thread - 3/24

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the record is for the year doesn't matter as much as how we are playing right now. We haven't had a good road win since 1/20. That is over 2 months. We have our original goal of home court advantage right in front of us and our players don't even give consistent effort half the time. No excuse for the play of our all stars. They both have been terrible lately.
    How we're playing right now isn't gonna matter in the playoffs, though. Miami won't be playing like that either when the playoffs arrive. Most teams do not go all out in the RS but everyone is giving 110% in the playoffs.

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy chose to point fingers at others when his play has been one of biggest problems. Accept responsibility for yourself before ragging on someone else.
    That's just not true. The first thing that Roy did was accept responsibility and point the finger at himself.

    Here's what Hibbert said after the Philadelphia win in Montieth's article:

    “I just haven't been playing the best,” he said after scored eight points and grabbing five rebounds. “I have to do better. But we're winning and I'm happy for that. It was just good to see one of those baskets go in.”

    “I'm not seeing the ball for rebounds, either,” he said. “That's still frustrating (for me), to be clearing my man out and still not getting boards.

    “But I'm OK. I'm not scoring, but .. I just have to be good at what I'm supposed to be good at, defense and closing out games.”

    “I can't be selfish,” he said. “Somebody has to sacrifice. I have to sacrifice for this team. Would anybody like to get 15 shots a game? Yeah. You're a human being and you have feelings, but you have to play through it and do what's best for the team.”
    Here's the whole article, by the way -> http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/famil...undrum-hibbert

    This was 2 days ago the infamous "pointing fingers" statement. I don't believe that Hibbert pointed his finger to any teammate in particular either. He just said something very true about how the team is playing lately. He said that we have fallen in love with the jump shot and that we have changed our identity. We have become a perimeter team. That's absolutely true, imo. He didn't single out any player as the cause of this.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. #58
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    I fear and suspect that we will get conformation after the season that severe chemistry issues tore this team apart. And I also suspect that the Pacers will need to decide if they want to go forward with either PG or Lance, but that they can no longer co-exist on the same team.

    I don't blame Roy for what he said, the more I think about what he said and observe what I see on the court, he is likely 100% correct

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  12. #59
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    I kind of feel that if Bird is hell bent on keeping Lance, then Hibbert needs to go and Bird needs to find a more athletic center who can play garbage man to our Wing's terrible shooting percentage, and run with them in transition.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  13. #60
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by captainC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In light of what UB said earlier, maybe Paul G and Lance don't get along as well on the court anymore.

    In my eyes, ever since Lance got snubbed for the AS game this year, his demeanor has changed and so has his play. hes taken on a more "me" type role and less about filling a hole on our squad. maybe his frustration with the snub combined with his NY-style "ill show u all" attitude has been a net negative for the team as a whole.
    at the same time, ever since PG got the third most votes, he's been bad. his complaining has increased. when he drives, he drives expecting a foul to be called rather than trying to finish the play.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  15. #61
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Here is our near max contract center


  16. #62
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    This March has been hell. We're really playing bad this month.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #63

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Yikes, very frustrating game. Playing the Grizzlies and Bulls three games in a row is bound to make your offense look bad, but it's dipped to a level that just isn't plausible for us to win a title. We'll probably still make the ECF, and we have a nice shot at the finals, but actually winning a title looks like it's out of reach this year, sadly. There's something missing, whether it's coaching or personnel or whatever is up to Bird to decide. We might just need a year like this of struggle to get us to the next level in the next few season, kind of like Miami needed against Dallas.

  18. #64
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,728

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    at the same time, ever since PG got the third most votes, he's been bad. his complaining has increased. when he drives, he drives expecting a foul to be called rather than trying to finish the play.
    Having everyone elevate him to a top 5ish player (with a lot of people saying he was the early season MVP) was the worst thing to ever happen to PG. He plays every game as if the only way the Pacers can win is if he has a Durant-like impact on the game. He just cannot accept that he is not yet at that level. The more he fails, the more he desperately tries to make up for it with hideous forced jumpers and garbage takes that either get blocked or clank off the rim.

    He's the classic example of the young player who let all of the hype get to his head. I was a huge fan of his when he was Paul George playing within the confines of the tean. I'm not a fan of this current PG who selfishly plays as if he constantly has to live up to the level of a top 5 player. It's ruining the team.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-24-2014 at 10:47 PM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  20. #65

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    I love how people badically called me a troll for daring to suggest this team might not win 60 games

  21. #66

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is our near max contract center

    I don't get what's funny. He got karate chopped in the back of the head, then went to the line and made both free throws. It was like the one good play he made all night.

  22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  23. #67
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,728

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kind of feel that if Bird is hell bent on keeping Lance, then Hibbert needs to go and Bird needs to find a more athletic center who can play garbage man to our Wing's terrible shooting percentage, and run with them in transition.
    Lance forces some bad shots and makes bad decision at times, but his shooting percentage has been very solid all year long. He makes about half of his shots, which is damn good for a wing. PG OTOH has been shooting absolute crap percentages for about three months now.

  24. #68
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    I've never seen a fan base who complains more about things that have nothing to do with performance on the court you see more complaints about getting strippers pregnant, and complaining to refs than Eoys4 PTs zero rebounds or lack of offenses or assist... Lebron complains to the refs all the time he has back to back championships so does KD and he will drop 40 on any given night... Reggie cried to refs all the time and was still a great player.. In basketball it's how you produce and how effective you are.. That's all that should matter..

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Millertime3131 For This Useful Post:


  26. #69

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love how people badically called me a troll for daring to suggest this team might not win 60 games
    Who badically called you a troll?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  28. #70
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is our near max contract center

    Roy had a terrible half season like this last year too, but he was able to save it and rebound for the playoffs. But I don't think that happens this year. The Team doesn't play the same style of ball as they did last year. So yes he is legitimately turning into a terrible contract.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #71
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get what's funny. He got karate chopped in the back of the head, then went to the line and made both free throws. It was like the one good play he made all night.
    He has to finish that and that was far from a karate chop. Even the ref who called the foul was close to bursting out laughing.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  31. #72
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,728

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    In December, I think about 100% of this forum would have predicted that this team would beat the 61 win mark of the 04 team. Sad to think that's impossible now unless we win out. I really wanted this team to set the all time mark. That 2004 team's record might very well stand forever.

  32. #73
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get what's funny. He got karate chopped in the back of the head, then went to the line and made both free throws. It was like the one good play he made all night.
    You have to be kidding me he got tapped in the back of the head still could not finish and fell to the ground... SOFT...

  33. #74
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy had a terrible half season like this last year too, but he was able to save it and rebound for the playoffs. But I don't think that happens this year. The Team doesn't play the same style of ball as they did last year. So yes he is legitimately turning into a terrible contract.
    He has to play well in the ECF and Finals to make up for his bad play lately and his contract.

  34. #75

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to be kidding me he got tapped in the back of the head still could not finish and fell to the ground... SOFT...
    That part of the body where he got hit holds a brain that controls all the movement in your body. When you get hit in the head, your brain will shake inside your skull. Falling is almost involuntary if you get hit in the right spot with the right amount of force.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •