Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Bulls Post Game Thread - 3/24

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish it was as simple as just giving Roy the ball and our offense would be in sync. The announcers talk about how he has to be more involved etc., and it seems the blame falls on the guards for not getting him the ball. However, Roy has done an awful job establishing position this year. He has never been great at this and he's always been an awkward player when it comes to keeping his balance, but this year it seems even worse. He seems to so easily get pushed off the blocks this year, his paint catches you can count on 1 hand every game this season and I don't think you can simply say it is because we haven't found him with the passes. He wants to call out players then he needs to man up and demand the ball by battling every possession for great position, being first big down the court fighting for position, setting good screens when the play isn't to him. He has seemed far too lax to just accept a defensive role this year and almost seems to just rest on the offensive end. Even in his quote where he called the team out for not getting him the ball it was disturbing because he basically admitted he usually doesn't work as hard as he could for position but that game he did and should have gotten the ball more. Well here is a suggestion Big Dawg demand passes by fighting for great position and then and only then if things don't change you can open your mouth.
    On the other hand, Roy told a big truth after the New York game.

Our wings have taken over and they have changed the philosophy of this team. Everything revolves around PG and Lance lately. The ball is almost always in their hands. George Hill is used almost exclusively in an off-ball role. All the shots go to PG and Lance. All the rebounds go to PG and Lance. Our bigs rarely get the ball in the post. Yes, even David West is mostly used as a PnP option (for our wings to get an assist) instead of a post option. Heck, our wings have started posting up as well which takes our bigs further away from the rim (in order to give them space to work with) which influences our offensive rebounding.

We're not an inside-outside anymore and that's due to our wings.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

If you're Lebron and the Heat, you try to bait PG into some 1 on 1 competition with Lebron. Lebron being the smart player that he is will no doubt bait PG into trying to show him up. The result will be a 6-19 outing from PG and a Pacer loss.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    Semantics. The problem is that being good is bad. You have to be elite to matter. Toronto is good. Brooklyn is good. Memphis is good... And I sure as hell wouldn't want to be any of those teams.
    We aren't those teams because we're much better than them on our homecourt but I do get what you're saying.

For the record, we were even worse last year. We didn't have a winning record on the road back then.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Yup I'm predicting a blow out loss. Pacers will not be able to score with them. This is gonna be a hard game to go to.
    If that happens, as bad as Miami has been playing, its full on panic. Follow it up going to Miami and then hosting SAS and we have some Holy ****!!!! potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    On the other hand, Roy told a big truth after the New York game.

Our wings have taken over and they have changed the philosophy of this team. Everything revolves around PG and Lance lately. The ball is almost always in their hands. George Hill is used almost exclusively in an off-ball role. All the shots go to PG and Lance. All the rebounds go to PG and Lance. Our bigs rarely get the ball in the post. Yes, even David West is mostly used as a PnP option (for our wings to get an assist) instead of a post option. Heck, our wings have started posting up as well which takes our bigs further away from the rim (in order to give them space to work with) which influences our offensive rebounding.

We're not an inside-outside anymore and that's due to our wings.

I've watched the Pacers for a long time, and the PG that we've seen over the last three months (especially in March) is the most selfish Pacer I've ever watched on the offense end, which isn't a good mix considering how awful he's been.

It's killed our offense and has created the ultimate snowball effect.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

If we never ran an offensive set for Roy again except when we were playing Miami I wouldn't be mad.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I had high hopes for this team. Now I can't stand watching them. They are soft mentally and physically. They are the biggest whiners in the league. We seem to have the mindset that everything will just be alright. There seems to be no sense of urgency by the players or the coaching staff. Do we not have one coach who has the backbone to get into somebody's face and hold them accountable. The players are not responding to anything. It is time to stop worrying about Miami because the way we are playing, we have no prayer of even getting to them in the playoffs. Alot of people are not taking the rest of the east serious but they better. There are at least 4 other teams playing better than us right now.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

This streak is just getting bad. Lucky for us MIA is also playing like ****. But we want the momentum going into the playoffs.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Those who said that Turner would die in our system should give themselves another pat on the back.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I just don't see how PG doesn't look at that trip dub and the W Friday and put 2 and 2 together. How does ROy not look at his second half double doubel in that game and put 2 and 2 together? The answers are in the obvious boys.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I am very disappointed in the game played tonight by our guys... I mean,I half expected the bulls to come in with a vengeance and get the win, but between all around bad officiating, Roy and PG playing like utter Scheiße .. I knew it was gonna be ugly.. Also, I just wanna say I absolutely HATE the Bulls.. I hate Miami too, but only about half as much as Chicago... I hate Miami simply because.... ... lol.. But Chicago on the other hand, my deep seeded hate goes all the way back to the Jordan era... And this group of guys they have are just a-holes with big mouths... Speaking of big mouths, I woulda LOVED to see West just knock Boozer upside his big dumb mouth tonight.. Out of all the Bulls players that I hate, I absolutely cannot STAND Boozer with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns...

We all KNOW this team and all of our guys are much much MUCH better than this horrid display.. All I know, is something needs to happen in the locker room or on the trip outta Chicago.. and whatever it is that has compounded into a major problem, NEEDS to get solved, and solved real effing quick... I think it is time Larry Legend visits the locker room and gets to the bottom of what everyone's major malfunction is, and tell them IT GET'S SOLVED RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW ... Because in my honest opinion, it is definitely something mental going on that hasn't been resolved.. If anyone can right this ship, Larry absolutely can...

Now listen guys, (and please don't take this the wrong way, because I am just as guilty every so often) but ....I know everyone is supremely frustrated with our play (as am I) ... but please try and shy away from putting down our guys so much .. calling them bums and going into hyperdrive with the hyperbole...
    I know it's difficult... OH I KNOW IT'S DIFFICULT..... but it does nothing to help our team, and all it does is make us look like stupid hotheads, and our Pacers look even worse (aside from their excruciatingly careless/bad play) in the eyes of anyone who would come to this forum as a guest or fan of another team looking to get some insight on the team...

As far as calling out horrid play, shots, aspects of the game with the team and each player , that is more than acceptable... and hell even encouraged....for discussion... But to the casual observer . we, are looking like hot-headed douchebag fans, who have a serious bi-polar manic depressive disorder.... and it's not cool...

Believe me, I am pretty darn mad and upset with this game, and how we have been playing... but when I feel like lashing out I don't do it in a public soap box... Sure, I yell, hoot and holler at the tv and cuss like a sailor I am so incensed, but I have enough respect for this organization (The Pacers) , to NOT have diarrhea of the mouth here on Pacers Digest .. I beg you guys to at least try ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Would an *** whooping at home to Miami wake these guys up?? If that doesnt, then nothing will... I just am at a loss for words with this poor play...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    We aren't those teams because we're much better than them on our homecourt but I do get what you're saying.

For the record, we were even worse last year. We didn't have a winning record on the road back then.
    What the record is for the year doesn't matter as much as how we are playing right now. We haven't had a good road win since 1/20. That is over 2 months. We have our original goal of home court advantage right in front of us and our players don't even give consistent effort half the time. No excuse for the play of our all stars. They both have been terrible lately. Roy chose to point fingers at others when his play has been one of biggest problems. Accept responsibility for yourself before ragging on someone else.

I'm probably two losses away from going PFFL and having myself permanently removed from the internet. I have no faith in this team turning it around. I'll watch the games, of course, because I hate myself, but I have no illusions about how this story ends.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Someone convince me that Roy is not overpaid.

I've been the only PG supporter but the guy has made himself unlikable on and off the court. PG said his workout regimen in the offseason was dedicated to the fact he was going to be the #1 option this year then he got tired after a month. He makes terrible decisions on the court and off the court, not using protection when you sleep with a stripper is just plain stupid, you can't trust him when he says he didn't get catfished by a man because he denies obvious fouls he commits on the court. He's not a superstar.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:

I've seen enough.

Most of you know me I am slow to make any rash judgments. Never get too high or too low. Always think things tend to even out and a team is never as good as they seem after a win or as bad as it seems after a loss.

But there is something wrong with this team. The effort is still generally good, but something is really missing, this is not the same team we saw through the first half of the season or in the playoffs last year.

The fire is gone, the chemistry is gone, the togetherness is gone, the fight is gone, the sense that if I don't get the job done my teammate will be there to back me up - is completely gone. Put simply I see the trust that is needed to be a winning team has vanished. As we all know in any relationship once the trust is gone, it is almost impossible to get it back.

And let me be 100% clear. 100% clear about this. This has nothing, zero, nada to do with the bench players. No this is the starters, plain and simple. The chemistry has fallen apart amongst the 5 starters. They are not playing like a team, they are not together.

Two simple plays I saw tonight that had to do with body language. (and believe me it is not just tonight, it has been through the past probably 20 games). There was a 2 on 1 fast-break PG had the ball on the left side of the floor, lance was on the right side of the floor. Lance wanted a lob (not really sure It was there - that isn't really the point - PG ends up missing the shot, Lance looks at PG after the play with hands out, as if saying why didn't you pass the ball. PG never looked at Lance at all - on purpose, (there was a timeout right after that play) they didn't walk to the bench together. It was an obvious situation. A yelling or screaming argument would have been more encouraging to me. Sort of like a relationship when things are really bad you actually stop fighting - you just don't care anymore.

The other one Lance pulls up and takes an early three, and if you look at the reaction of PG, Roy and Hill (West wasn't visible, he was off camera) each of those three players had a disgusted reaction, none tried to even attempt a rebound. I've watched enough basketball, played enough basketball back in my day to know the look and reaction. I've been on teams where a player or two doesn't play team ball, and it tears the team apart. That is what I saw tonight and what has been evident over the past few weeks.

Sort of like at work, when a co-worker isn't being a team player and you decide you are going to just do your job, keep your head down, not care about your co-workers, every person for themselves. If they aren't going to be team players, then I certainly am not, and I have to look out for myself anyway. Not that you quit doing your job, but your sense of caring for your c-worker and the company, organization, team is gone. You care about yourself only.

That is what has happened (past tense)

Let me make something else very clear, I am not blaming anyone in particular. I'll blame all 5 starters - each and every one of them. It is their fault. To me they look sick of each other. If this team fails in the playoffs, however you want to define that, the starting 5 has to be changed in a significant way. Probably 2 of the 5 starters have to be moved. And I am not suggesting who it should be, it might not matter, but these 5 might not be able to play well together again for extended periods of time. Some relationships start hot and fizzle quickly, maybe that is what we are seeing.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-25-2014 at 08:10 AM.

25. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    PG said his workout regimen in the offseason was dedicated to the fact he was going to be the #1 option this year then he got tired after a month.
    lol.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we win vs the Heat wed. everyone will say how we are going to sweep the playoffs. Follow that up with a loss and we will lose in the first round. Follow that up with a win and it wasn't by enough points, but we may make the second round now. Follow that with a blow out and we are going to sweep the playoffs again. Sometimes, you just got to hold back that quick and rash things that come to your head. Emotion and being in the moment are good at times and bad at others.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Anybody think barring an NBA finals appearance....this might be Vogels last year with the Pacers?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Anybody think barring an NBA finals appearance....this might be Vogels last year with the Pacers?
    I think that it is very unlikely the coach of a 1 or 2 seed gets fired.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This streak is just getting bad. Lucky for us MIA is also playing like ****. But we want the momentum going into the playoffs.
    We didn't have momentum going into the playoffs last season but it didn't matter. I don't really care about it.

I just want to see two things:

1) Retain the #1 seed. We are elite at home but we're not elite away from it.

2) Return to our old identity. We have to become an inside-out team again. We have to utilize our bigs. They are our biggest strength. We will only win a title if we return to our smashmouth identity.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    If we win vs the Heat wed. everyone will say how we are going to sweep the playoffs. Follow that up with a loss and we will lose in the first round. Follow that up with a win and it wasn't by enough points, but we may make the second round now. Follow that with a blow out and we are going to sweep the playoffs again. Sometimes, you just got to hold back that quick and rash things that come to your head. Emotion and being in the moment are good at times and bad at others.
    At this point, if you dont recognize and admit that there is a problem, then you need to go back and watch the games for the past few months... This isnt some knee-jerk reaction at this point, it is a big enough sample size (and has been) to determine that this team has fallen off the wagon...

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    I think that it is very unlikely the coach of a 1 or 2 seed gets fired.
    Stop...

Vogel wont lose his job, but his ability to handle adversity as a coach is in question...

I've been the only PG supporter but the guy has made himself unlikable on and off the court. PG said his workout regimen in the offseason was dedicated to the fact he was going to be the #1 option this year then he got tired after a month. He makes terrible decisions on the court and off the court, not using protection when you sleep with a stripper is just plain stupid, you can't trust him when he says he didn't get catfished by a man because he denies obvious fouls he commits on the court. He's not a superstar.
    I lost it with this post. Freaking Hilarious.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Roy is absolutely overpaid and PG is not the high character superstar we were hoping for. You can just see him going downhill after all the attention he got early in the season. He is nowhere close to the caliber player I thought he was.