Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

It's never a good thing when your two worst players were your all stars.
    @qandrews9428

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Pacers / Bulls Post Game Thread - 3/24

I am sure that many of you will have your Player that you will complain about......mine tonight are PG24, Lance and Hibbert.

For me, PG24 was in his SuperStar-Faux PG24 mode where he would complain about calls that he should or shouldn't have gotten. Lance did a horrible job defending DunDun at first....then tried to go HeroBall in the 3rd...woke up and put up a good # of points....just typical Inconsistent Lance that I hate. Hibbert.....just did a horrible job against IMHO a very strong candidate for DPOY in my book. Noah....right now....is what I wish Hibbert could be....defensive stalwart that had more energy in his little finger than Hibbert did all game and is THE MAIN reason why the Bulls are doing so well.

I am sure that there are others that sucked tonight.....but for me....they stuck out like a sore thumb.

Complain away.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

This team has to make a stand the next week or two (against tough comp it turns out) or else they're going down as regular season chokers. They either rise up and show the first half was not an aberration, or they are exposed for what they truly are - not ready for prime time and not as tough as their pre-season, early-season one seed mission talk.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

PG and Hibbert suck right now. Like, horrible.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

7. The Following User Says Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Bulls Post Game Thread - 3/24

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sure that many of you will have your Player that you will complain about......mine tonight are PG24, Lance and Hibbert.
    I'm blaming LeBron James.

Ever since he signed on to do Space Jam 2, the Monstars have clearly stolen our guys talent, because this team SUCKS.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That really, really sucked.

Wednesday's game is a must win. We HAVE to feed Roy against Miami. If we don't do it then we're going to lose the game and lose the advantage for the #1 seed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Can't wait to hear everyone proclaim that our season is about to turn around when we beat Miami on Wednesday. Only to have everyone immediately go back into panic mode when we lose in Washington. I said it after we beat the Bulls at home and everyone jumped down my throat, but I'll say it again. This team is mediocre on the road, and awesome at home. That isn't going to change. We're still making it to the ECF. Whether we have a chance to go to the finals depends on us holding on to that one seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

Wednesday's game is a must win. We HAVE to feed Roy against Miami. If we don't do it then we're going to lose the game and lose the advantage for the #1 seed.
    No we have to move the ball quickly until we have a good open shot. If it's Roy, fine! However, forcing it to a weak minded player who has score 2 pts in the last two games is not a good strategy. This team has scored 71 and 77 in consecutive games and Paul and Roy will not take any responsibility for it.

You guys know me, I try to always be optimistic with the Blue and Gold.

I still think we can salvage the 1 seed. It's going to be tough, but we can do it.

WILL WE? That's a different discussion altogether. Fact is, we're just playing awful, ugly, selfish and whiny basketball and it really shows very few signs of stopping.

A day will come when PG realizes he can use his frustration at the refs, the opposition, and all the stupid people of the 'real world' trying to take him down as a way to motivate him to dominate.

Kobe does it. MJ did it. One day I pray PG has that same epiphany. Because right now he just isn't a very good presence on the court. All this whining and moaning after nearly every single play makes it very difficult to stomach watching this team play. And I say that as someone who dutifully watched every single Pacers game during the "He who shall not be named" era.

Is it chemistry? Is it coaching? Is it lack of heart and effort? Are we tired? Are we just mentally ill equipped to deal with a high level of early success?

Is it all those things mixed into a bubbling cauldron of dysfunction?

I don't know.

I just know that I love the Pacers, warts and all. And I support the guys on the team, even when I want to slap them around.

We can pull it together. I know we can.

Just hope THEY know they can too...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Hey Chicago I'll give you Roy and PG for that Noah guy

This is not a post-game thread. This is a postmortem thread. This team will not win a championship (obviously), won't beat the Heat and probably won't even make it to the ECF. I'm not worried about getting the top seed in the East anymore - we've already lost it. I'm more worried about avoiding a first-round matchup with the New York Knicks as I'd rather get knocked out by Atlanta or Charlotte. I just hope Frank Vogel is fired soon so he can interview for one of the vacant college jobs.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimePacerFan View Post
    Can't wait to hear everyone proclaim that our season is about to turn around when we beat Miami on Wednesday. Only to have everyone immediately go back into panic mode when we lose in Washington. I said it after we beat the Bulls at home and everyone jumped down my throat, but I'll say it again. This team is mediocre on the road, and awesome at home. That isn't going to change. We're still making it to the ECF. Whether we have a chance to go to the finals depends on us holding on to that one seed.
    We're certainly much, much better at home than we're on the road. That's a given. I think that most of the people just disagreed with your definition of mediocre. Our road record is not mediocre. Our road record is top 7 in the league. It's clearly in the upper echelon. However, it is not elite. Our home record, on the other hand, is the best in the league and clearly elite.

I guess that a better way of saying that would be that we're elite at home and simply good on the road.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Miami is going to come out focused and locked in on Wed.

And so will we. We sucked tonight, but we'll come out ready against the Heat.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

I had a gnawing feeling a couple of weeks back that a lot of what we did out of the gate was because the East was a mess. A lot of new free agents on a lot of clubs, injuries early and just a general malaise. We were set ready to go and we bolted. Now that everyone has settled in and figured it out, we are being exposed as the meh offensive team we always were. Combined with the fact we have stopped playing defense (West and Hibbert wearing down) and we are gonna have to scramble to get anything done in the playoffs.

Sad.

I thought DWest would be able to right this but PG is too far gone and we are going with him.

Man, and we are tied to the lineup due to contracts. No wiggle room.
    Last edited by seeker80; 03-24-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish it was as simple as just giving Roy the ball and our offense would be in sync. The announcers talk about how he has to be more involved etc., and it seems the blame falls on the guards for not getting him the ball. However, Roy has done an awful job establishing position this year. He has never been great at this and he's always been an awkward player when it comes to keeping his balance, but this year it seems even worse. He seems to so easily get pushed off the blocks this year, his paint catches you can count on 1 hand every game this season and I don't think you can simply say it is because we haven't found him with the passes. He wants to call out players then he needs to man up and demand the ball by battling every possession for great position, being first big down the court fighting for position, setting good screens when the play isn't to him. He has seemed far too lax to just accept a defensive role this year and almost seems to just rest on the offensive end. Even in his quote where he called the team out for not getting him the ball it was disturbing because he basically admitted he usually doesn't work as hard as he could for position but that game he did and should have gotten the ball more. Well here is a suggestion Big Dawg demand passes by fighting for great position and then and only then if things don't change you can open your mouth.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    No we have to move the ball quickly until we have a good open shot. If it's Roy, fine! However, forcing it to a weak minded player who has score 2 pts in the last two games is not a good strategy. This team has scored 71 and 77 in consecutive games and Paul and Roy will not take any responsibility for it.
    1) Roy has already taken responsibility for it. He said it one or two weeks ago that he has to play better and he absolutely meant it. One of Roy's drawbacks is that he's actually too hard on himself.

2) We certainly have to move the ball but that is not optimal against Miami. Miami specializes in a blitzing defense with quick rotations that can easily pick off bad passes and turn them into fast-break points. We struggle the turnovers a lot so if we turn to move the ball but screw up (which is likely) and committ a live ball turnover that allows them to run and score on the break then we're toast.

On the other hand, Roy has a clear advantage against Miami's bigs. He has also proven time and time again that any time that he gets enough touches (12+) he produces great results. The team simply has to recognize that and stop ignoring him on the offensive end.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

We're certainly much, much better at home than we're on the road. That's a given. I think that most of the people just disagreed with your definition of mediocre. Our road record is not mediocre. Our road record is top 7 in the league. It's clearly in the upper echelon. However, it is not elite. Our home record, on the other hand, is the best in the league and clearly elite.

I guess that a better way of saying that would be that we're elite at home and simply good on the road.
    Semantics. The problem is that being good is bad. You have to be elite to matter. Toronto is good. Brooklyn is good. Memphis is good... And I sure as hell wouldn't want to be any of those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    And so will we. We sucked tonight, but we'll come out ready against the Heat.
    We haven't been focused in a few months, not for the Knicks, not for Chicago(although the one good game we've played in 2 months was against them), not for any other team we've played.

They do not care. They've made their money, thats all they want. We get to watch them go one-on-one, play lackluster defense, and bs around in their off-time for the rest of the season.

Thats the only thing we have to look forward to as Pacer fans.

I bet D-wade will be rested and ready too don't think he's played in their last couple of games

Is the lack of Brian Shaw on the bench starting to show its effect?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

The *****ing to the refs needs to stop.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I've had it with Paul George's antics. Nobody wants to see that whining. Suck it up and play.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PG's garbage offense is reaching crisis mode, and this isn't some two week long slump or something. He's been bad on the offensive end for three months now.

Multiple forced clanked jumpers tonight. Garbage drives to the basket that were either blocked or clanked off the rim/back board. The patented garbage isos at the end of the quarter. There was the hideous block by Hinrich (and the typical whining to the refs that followed). But the sequence that stands out to me was with about two minutes left in the game when he missed THREE shots on the same possession. It was one of the most selfish sequences I've seen in a long time. He didn't look to pass it all, no he had to shoot again and again. The ultimate in ball hogging. A couple of possessions after that when we were coming out of a timeout, he had some forced shot blocked by Noah to cap off his garbage night.

8-22 on the night for PG, and at one point Denari was trying to act like he was getting back on track at 6-15. . This kid obviously isn't yet cut out to be the top 5 player that everyone was calling him at the beginning of the season, but his entire offensive game revolves around trying to live up to being on the same level of Durant and Lebron. Quite frankly, it's just killing our offense right now. It has created the ultimate domino effect and has clearly zapped the other players on that end. How can an offense be good when it revolves around a selfish player who plays like crap night in and night out? This kid is not Kobe Bryant yet, but it seems like the only people who don't yet realize it are PG and Vogel. It's time for Vogel to have a spine and reign this guy in, but how is that going to happen when Vogel doesn't even have the guts to try something else besides a garbage PG iso whenever we're on our final possession of a quarter?

Outside of PG's awful selfish play, Hibbert played a huge role in the loss. Nights like this are just where his contract is complete theft. No guts on either end of the court and completely manhandled by Noah. I've never seen a good player who so routinely vanishes like Houdini.

Every time we play in Chicago, Gibson plays like he's Charles Barkley. He was draining jumpers on us and completely abusing us inside.

Lance's defense was bad, he was abused by Dunleavy and Hinrich multiple times. But credit to them for routinely hitting jumpers. They played out of their minds.

Just a hideous loss. The main culprits are a center who too often plays like a wuss and a selfish wing who thinks that he's Kobe Bryant.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yup I'm predicting a blow out loss. Pacers will not be able to score with them. This is gonna be a hard game to go to.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.