Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Man Claims He Catfished Paul George Into Sending Naked Pics

Default Re: Gay Man Claims He Catfished Paul George Into Sending Naked Pics

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I agree with you, I have to comment as this topic is one of my pet peeves.

The news like the sensationalize and talk about "sexting" like its a phoneme that came out of no where. Well, I am here to tell you this is complete BS.

I graduated high school in 2004, and I can not guarantee it but I am pretty certain when the first phone with a camera came it there was some guy being young and dumb who was texting some lady saying "pics please". It was not called texting, it was simply called "show me your tits". I remember being in college in 05 or 06 and I heard plenty of people sending these pics, and it wasnt a big deal.

Now I 100% agree things are scary with the advancement of technology (hello snapchat, although I hear it now warns you if someone screen shots a picture that is about to "disappear")....and I can only imagine how scary this is if you have a daughter.

The internet is forever. I have seen first hands (working the deans suits down in Florida) how some people, especially young kids, dont realize that until it is way to late.

That said, kids will be kids. If you truly never did anything stupid then I say mad props, but I can say first hand I did plenty of stupid stuff, and posted plenty of stupid pictures. Thank lord facebook was only only to college kids (no parents or teachers) when I was on it, because I posted all kinds of stupid stuff on mine.
    I mean, definitely teenagers have always been dumb and driven by...uh, whatever term you want to use. And I agree -- if it wasn't Snapchat etc. there were other ways for dumb teenagers to be dumb teenagers.

But I just think the increased accessibility, ease of use, prevalence of tech and "anonymity" (until it isn't anymore) has made it more a concern than ever. I too grew up in the 56k AOL (or Prodigy or NetZero or whatever disc gave you X,000 hours of free internet!) days. I've just seen these changes, know some of the dumb and dangerous mistakes I made myself growing up, and realize they probably would have been amplified tenfold by what's out there today. I just really hope parents know and understand this, and can have honest discussions with their kids about it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    While I agree with you, I have to comment as this topic is one of my pet peeves.

The news like the sensationalize and talk about "sexting" like its a phoneme that came out of no where. Well, I am here to tell you this is complete BS.

I graduated high school in 2004, and I can not guarantee it but I am pretty certain when the first phone with a camera came it there was some guy being young and dumb who was texting some lady saying "pics please". It was not called texting, it was simply called "show me your tits". I remember being in college in 05 or 06 and I heard plenty of people sending these pics, and it wasnt a big deal.

Now I 100% agree things are scary with the advancement of technology (hello snapchat, although I hear it now warns you if someone screen shots a picture that is about to "disappear")....and I can only imagine how scary this is if you have a daughter.

The internet is forever. I have seen first hands (working the deans suits down in Florida) how some people, especially young kids, dont realize that until it is way to late.

That said, kids will be kids. If you truly never did anything stupid then I say mad props, but I can say first hand I did plenty of stupid stuff, and posted plenty of stupid pictures. Thank lord facebook was only only to college kids (no parents or teachers) when I was on it, because I posted all kinds of stupid stuff on mine.
    We are the same age and yeah, it's crazy how much the internet has changed since we were in our prime horrible decision making years (16-24). The first internship I ever had, I became friends with the intern coordinator and she told me (in 2005 or 2006) that the office didn't check student facebook pages before hiring them because they considered it somewhat unnecessary and borderline an invasion of privacy. How quickly things have changed. And yeah, my freshman year in college was when the Motorola "Razr" came out. I guess you could take nasty pictures on a phone like that but in most cases it would be impossible to tell who it was in the pic. To do something really stupid you had to take a picture on your digital camera, upload it on your computer, and then send it. Now everything can be done in a few seconds, much easier to make a dumb choice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    I think this is hands down, the dumbest post I have ever seen on this website...and that says A LOT.
    Whew. Dude is one of the three I have on ignore...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    No, I AM the biggest and ONLY PG fan on here!!! Will the real PG fan please stand up! (Standing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Hicks hasn't suspended you simply for sticking up for PG then sit your *** down son.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    If Hicks hasn't suspended you simply for sticking up for PG then sit your *** down son.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that is probably not what happened.
    Last edited by boombaby1987; 03-23-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    @qandrews9428

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    We are the same age and yeah, it's crazy how much the internet has changed since we were in our prime horrible decision making years (16-24). The first internship I ever had, I became friends with the intern coordinator and she told me (in 2005 or 2006) that the office didn't check student facebook pages before hiring them because they considered it somewhat unnecessary and borderline an invasion of privacy. How quickly things have changed. And yeah, my freshman year in college was when the Motorola "Razr" came out. I guess you could take nasty pictures on a phone like that but in most cases it would be impossible to tell who it was in the pic. To do something really stupid you had to take a picture on your digital camera, upload it on your computer, and then send it. Now everything can be done in a few seconds, much easier to make a dumb choice.
    Not to de-rail the thread, but a few weeks ago I had a pager (yes, my job occasionally makes us all carry one) and a blackberry on me. The whole office went out to lunch, and this kid has a perplexed look on his face. He could not have been older then 15 or 16. He walked up to my colleague and asked what that thing on his belt was. I nearly lost it.......funniest thing in a while.

Crazy how fast technology has advanced.

EDIT: Dr. Hibbert, I agree with everything you said (in both posts actually). Technology is a tool that can be good or bad. Like I said, especially scary for me if I ever have a daughter. Especially no a days with those "post naked pics of your ex" websites being so popular.
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 03-23-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Disappointing.

I think what separates the best from the wannabes is how good the best are at hiding their personal lives.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kidthecat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Oh yeah???? Well...well...if...if you haven't had a restraining order against you from PG HIMSELF then...then YOU need to sit YOUR *** down, son! (Still standing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You like fishsticks?...all I can think of reading the title of this thread.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

The Heat radio station was having a field day with this story this morning.

Expect a LOT of signs and chants directed at PG for the next Pacers @ Heat game.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

On one hand, I feel terrible for the guy. He made a silly mistake. Most of us do at that age.

On the other hand...how hard is it not to take a cellphone picture of your junk and press "send?"
    Especially knowing that being a millionaire celebrity makes you a target? Why does that need to be your mistake of choice?

You never know, this might actually get his head right again...kind of like hitting your head twice on the same rock...
    Last edited by Kstat; 03-24-2014 at 09:56 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I don't give a rat's *** about any of Paul's personal life as long as he plays good basketball. However, I think it was really good timing on his part to reveal to the world (in more ways than one) what a douche he is right after he signed a max contract.

He held it in check just long enough!

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    B.S.

I was a 23 year old at one time. NEVER DID ANYTHING CLOSE. NEVER.
    I am sorry no one ever asked you for pictures of your penis.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

This is why I just send out pictures of my junk to everyone the first time they text or message me. Just get it out of the way. Set the mood, ya know,

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

I miss the good old days when everybody used to just go to strip clubs to knock up the strippers in their free time. Kids these days and their internets. Always causing trouble.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I miss the good old days when everybody used to just go to strip clubs to knock up the strippers in their free time. Kids these days and their internets. Always causing trouble.
    Paul is just an old soul in a confusing modern time.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey PG, you wanna be one of the great ones. Do you think Michael Jordan would've sent a selfie of his nude self to some dude?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Hey PG, you wanna be one of the great ones. Do you think Michael Jordan would've sent a selfie of his nude self to some dude?

How do you know that he hasn't? Just because you haven't seen it?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Harddrive7 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    If he thought it was a girl with a big butt? You bet.

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This is why I just send out pictures of my junk to everyone the first time they text or message me. Just get it out of the way. Set the mood, ya know,
    Note to Self: Don't ever text or message Trader Joe.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

PG says it's not true, that he knows the girl that sent him pictures. Bunch of tweets about it on Candace's timeline.

Mood

I thought i was the only one....

35. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

@qandrews9428

37. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG says it's not true, that he knows the girl that sent him pictures. Bunch of tweets about it on Candace's timeline.
    I thought he was saying that the pictures are of him, but that he sent them to a girl and then she sent them on to this crazy guy.

Sports Logo

I thought he was saying that the pictures are of him, but that he sent them to a girl and then she sent them on to this crazy guy.
    I don't know, kids these days and all.