Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post game thread Pacers vs Bulls: Sharing the basketball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game thread Pacers vs Bulls: Sharing the basketball

Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm assuming we're using the term fantastic veeeeeeeeeeeeeery loosely, right? He has played better, but he set the bar so low that it didn't really matter. I'd rather see LaVoy Allen at the 5 then Mahimi because Allen does the small things like boxing out for rebounds, can protect the rim on par with Mahimi and he's actually a threat offensively. If we did that, kept playing Copeland(why does Frank sit him after he looked good?), and got CJ Watson healthy our bench should look pretty darn good.
    No, he cannot protect the rim nearly as well as Ian. Ian allows 43.9% oppFG% at the rim, second best on the team to Roy who is at 41.4%. In Philly Allen was at 49.5% and is at 50% here in Indiana. Ian is way closer to Roy than Allen is to Ian. Oh and Ian blocks 1 shot per game while Allen blocks .5 shot per game. And for Allen to be such a threat offensively, why does he average a whopping 1.6ppg more? While shooting not even a full percentage point more? In almost 2 minutes more of game time too. He's barely better from the FT line. He averages more boards because Philly not only has taken roughly 500 more shots than the Pacers, but has also allowed around more 200 shots than the Pacers have. And the Pacers have 4 players who average more boards than Philly's leading rebounder.

Ian is just a better player than Allen. Allen has a better jumper, but thats about it.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Whats with the final play of the 3rd quarter where Lance came over and demanded the Ball from Turner. Then Turner back pedals to the corner with his hands out in frustration while Lance proceeded to go into Bad Lance mode for the final shot. Lance bricks the shot and then starts shooting stink eyes all around as he moses over the bench looking back at his teammates.
    Would you rather have Lance go at Mike Dunleavy or Evan go at Jimmy Butler?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I personally rather we run a set play rather than an iso. Has nothing to do with Lance either. I hate PG iso to close quarters as well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Awesome footage. Thanks for posting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    That mashup of Right Now and All I do is Win is going to take on a new level of intensity and awesomeness when the Pacers roll out the playoff variant of the intro video.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Thumbs up Re: Post game thread Pacers vs Bulls: Sharing the basketball

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    LOL!

Never claimed to be normal
    BTW, the Gollum & Sméagol Dialog was awesome... and SPOT-ON ...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Bynum Watch 2014:

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...bulls/6725023/

Definitely slow news day at the Star.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

PG grinded and struggled his way to that triple-double. Most of the team had fun today but Paul did not. Dude needs a few games off before the playoffs. Marc Gasol's ankle didn't do us any favors there. I think this game was closer than the score indicated, just we had some offensive threats contrasted with the Bulls. Nice to have Lance and Luis (!) in beast mode. Chicago did not utilize Jo very well, making him isolate more than facilitate. A passing Noah is better than a scoring Noah against our bigs.

Ian Report: The following rant may seem out of place in today's game, but I'm going for it. Chris and Quinn/Austin need to step the **** up and show some love to Mahinmi. He is the one rotational player on the team that they do not give the benefit of the doubt to for foul calls. I've *****ed all year about refs treating Ian like Rodney Dangerfield; and FFS, our announcers do it too. On Ian's ferocious (and possibly ill-conceived) dunk attempt, they had to check the replay to confirm, "Oh yeah, Ian was hit in the face." You have to assume he is getting hit in the face. Not just because his teeth have been in the danger zone all year, but because he's on the Pacers! Don't just call for fouls for Paul or assume auto-straight-up for Roy. Give some of the blind, blatant homerism over to Mahinmi! He'd do the same for you. ...'B+' for strong PnR and iso D, acceptable weak side/help D, and 4-4 from the line, his best FT shooting performance since going 6-6 against Memphis in November!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

PG's feet don't look healthy. Seriously, the training staff should look into that.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG's feet don't look healthy. Seriously, the training staff should look into that.
    I wonder if he had them soaked in the ice bucket right before the pic was taken?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Didn't see the game last night cause I was out. Happy to see we won, we shared the ball really well and that Copeland got some meaningful minutes.

I hope Frank keeps using him. Nobody says he is our saviour (lol) but he has some qualities that can help us. Plus that means we are off Frank's 8 man rotation. In the regular season.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Mood

I didn't read the whole post game thread. Has anyone covered Taj Gibson's absolutely hilarious comments about the Pacers being floppers and fouling him out?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I didn't read the whole post game thread. Has anyone covered Taj Gibson's absolutely hilarious comments about the Pacers being floppers and fouling him out?
    Did he say something like that?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Did he say something like that?
    He had good reason to be upset. The officiating crew, Tony Brothers, Brian Forte and James Williams, had an interesting night. Brothers and Forte seem to look for guys to react and then call the foul. Or maybe they were watching a different game than the rest of us. Like the non-fouls on Ian, they made up for it by calling mystery fouls on Taj. I thought Willams was OK. But it is always a mystery what is going on when Brother or Forte is calling the game.

Is someone seriously debating Allen vs Mahinmi here? Look, I like Allen; I think he could be a future cog for this team if they want him. But he's played one freaking meaningful game for the Pacers. Mahinmi has played several, and for the last two months, has looked damn good doing it.

Trying not to bait any infraction edits here, so I'll just leave that one at: c'mon, man!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Is someone seriously debating Allen vs Mahinmi here? Look, I like Allen; I think he could be a future cog for this team if they want him. But he's played one freaking meaningful game for the Pacers. Mahinmi has played several, and for the last two months, has looked damn good doing it.

Trying not to bait any infraction edits here, so I'll just leave that one at: c'mon, man!
    I agree with you. I think it is the backup quarterback effect at work more than anyone else.

Mood

I might feel sorry for Taj if the refs hadn't have given Hill 3 fouls in 40 seconds. Even so, I don't think you foul out of a game with 7 minutes to go because you got screwed by the refs.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Ian has become a better basketball player in Indy. His skills are limited, but he's playing within his abilities and gradually improving his game. We are extremely fortunate to have him as a backup C. Even his hands are not nearly as buttery as they were months ago.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    He had good reason to be upset. The officiating crew, Tony Brothers, Brian Forte and James Williams, had an interesting night. Brothers and Forte seem to look for guys to react and then call the foul. Or maybe they were watching a different game than the rest of us. Like the non-fouls on Ian, they made up for it by calling mystery fouls on Taj. I thought Willams was OK. But it is always a mystery what is going on when Brother or Forte is calling the game.
    Don't get me wrong, he had a reason to be upset with the refs. It is true that they called some soft fouls on him. However, calling the Pacers floppers is simply untrue.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I don't think the Bulls ever stood a chance even from this point. Notice the pissed off, focused looks each of the Pacers have on their face while being announced. I think that this stretch REALLY pissed us off. As seen by many teams this year, you aren't going to have fun if you **** us off.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

30. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Don't get me wrong, he had a reason to be upset with the refs. It is true that they called some soft fouls on him. However, calling the Pacers floppers is simply untrue.
    There is a very specific play where George Hill ran into the back side of Gibson and while hitting a stationary object can cause you to change directions, the fact that Hill fell as though he had been taken out by a sniper was worthy of an academy award.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    There is a very specific play where George Hill ran into the back side of Gibson and while hitting a stationary object can cause you to change directions, the fact that Hill fell as though he had been taken out by a sniper was worthy of an academy award.
    If the Bull's really want to complain about officiating this game, they are out of their mind. Flopping is one thing, while getting a foul called on the other team after shoving another player is a whole-nother-level of egregious. The refs were bad on both sides to some extent, but I would say the Bulls got more of the terrible calls or lack thereof on their side.

That being said this game by itself is going to be like a 3 page essay in AS' reports on blown calls, just a terrible performance by the referees on both sides. How can you be a "professional" of your trade and have so many years of experience and look that stupid that many times? This is the kind of performance that leads to the tin foil hats. If I am AS a couple of referees are getting their pink slips this offseason.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

33. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    If the Bull's really want to complain about officiating this game, they are out of their mind. Flopping is one thing, while getting a foul called on the other team after shoving another player is a whole-nother-level of egregious. The refs were bad on both sides to some extent, but I would say the Bulls got more of the terrible calls or lack thereof on their side.

That being said this game by itself is going to be like a 3 page essay in AS' reports on blown calls, just a terrible performance by the referees on both sides. How can you be a "professional" of your trade and have so many years of experience and look that stupid that many times? This is the kind of performance that leads to the tin foil hats. If I am AS a couple of referees are getting their pink slips this offseason.
    Two words, one name.

Tony Brothers.

He is the single worst official in the entire NBA and that is saying something as Bennet Salvatore is still in the league. Those calls vs. Hill were atrocious but let's not pretend like George didn't get some payback on Gibson either.

But yes last nights ref crew was particularly egregious.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post

There is actually one very common thread between both Pacers - Bulls games in Indianapolis this year, which both had VERY inconsistent and often maddening officiating: Tony Brothers. He truly is one of the worst officials in the stable.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: