This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL!

Never claimed to be normal
    Hey we're all different here
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Post game thread Pacers vs Bulls: Sharing the basketball

This game is why Frank makes the big bucks and we don't. All us jr coaches made suggestions for fixing the rotation. Don't remember any of us suggesting sitting Lance and playing Chris at the 3. What a nice move. Open up the court and suddenly the bench looks and plays like a real NBA team. Kudos to Frank.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Love our bench production off the bench. Scola has 19 pts and 6 rebounds, Turner gets 6 pts and 7 assists, and 5 pts in only 10 minutes is pretty good for Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This game is why Frank makes the big bucks and we don't. All us jr coaches made suggestions for fixing the rotation. Don't remember any of us suggesting sitting Lance and playing Chris at the 3. What a nice move. Open up the court and suddenly the bench looks and plays like a real NBA team. Kudos to Frank.
    Yea, looking back at the game, that line-up worked really well. I would continue to give Cope some back-up 3 minutes, even if its only 10-11 mins a game if that

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Copeland looked really good defensively as well. He had no problem staying with Snell and Dunleavy and that's something that I didn't really expect. He seemed a little bit quicker than I remember.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Some quick thoughts...

1. I missed the first 2.5 quarters. First part of any game I missed all year. So I'll take credit for anything good that happened.

2. Biggest thing I noticed, besides Scola hitting again, was Roy Hibbert owning the damn ball. He and Mahinmi were both brilliant in rim defense, but just noticed a lot more aerial aggression and "that's mine" rebounding efforts. When the Pacers tally those kind of extra possessions, good things happen.

3. Thought this might have been closer to a 20-point win were it not for some truly godawful officiating in the late 3rd, early 4th. They made up for it by fouling Gibson out on a pansy call, but still, the missed kick ball and missing PG24's block were just brutal, brutal calls.

4. That said, related to point 3, this team still gets WAY too attached to officiating. I sit the fence here tonight because I don't blame PG24 for getting T'd up at all. I'd have the same reaction. But it still does worry me, given Joey Crawford Specials (not that I'd want anyone else officiating IND-MIA if that series happens anyway), that this team is so dependent on neutral/positive officiating mojo. Anything negative throws the brakes on way too much.

5. Wish they would have closed out the game being a bit more aggressive in going to the rim. Were it not for Scola's jumper falling, this would have been a much more uncomfortable finish.

6. Turner looked brutal minus his dish to Scola in the time I saw him, so maybe I just caught the wrong stretch?

7. Remember when fans were rushing to figure out ways to get Mahinmi off the team? The man has reinvented himself, and there has been a big enough sample size to make that claim now. Good for him. Proud of him. I love that he looks to be the no-nonsense power guy now. He's not going to let you finish at the rim unless you get a step on him, and he goes for at least one power dunk each game that at the very least results in a foul. Good for him. I hope the attitude is contagious. Love to see his teammates playing with equal confidence and dictation at the rim.

8. I've conceded ever trying to figure out George Hill on offense, but defensively, few guys I'd rather have at that position.

9. When this team dominates, it stems from defense. I was grinning like Christmas morning watching these guys D up tonight. Took away Noah and gave Chicago a bunch of Boozer mid-range jumpers. You couldn't script the game better if you had an invisible Wayans brother sitting on the rim. They dictated what Chicago could do and forced them into relying on low-percentage shots and predictably mediocre players. I also just love something about daring Boozer to beat you. It amuses me. I dislike Boozer, a lot.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Whats with the final play of the 3rd quarter where Lance came over and demanded the Ball from Turner. Then Turner back pedals to the corner with his hands out in frustration while Lance proceeded to go into Bad Lance mode for the final shot. Lance bricks the shot and then starts shooting stink eyes all around as he moses over the bench looking back at his teammates.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    GREAT WIN, after this kind of game I don't think Frank or the Bigs will tolerate any more hero ball from PG or Lance. There is no reason why the Pacers can't play that way every game.
    Not sure why PG looked all pissed after the game.

Also I think the knicks will actually play themselves into the 7 seed. No never mind they are 5 losses behind Atlanta, I don't think they make it at all.

PG got a triple double but shot 3 for 13. I am glad Copeland finally got playing time. I still think LaVoy should be playing instead of Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Whats with the final play of the 3rd quarter where Lance came over and demanded the Ball from Turner. Then Turner back pedals to the corner with his hands out in frustration while Lance proceeded to go into Bad Lance mode for the final shot. Lance bricks the shot and then starts shooting stink eyes all around as he moses over the bench looking back at his teammates.
    Because he (Lance) can be a serious idiot....has a lot of growing up to do (still)!! I prefer turner if only for his character.....
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ian has been playing fantastic ball for months and you want LaVoy to play over him, out of position, because of one game against the worst team in the league? No way.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Copeland looked really good defensively as well. He had no problem staying with Snell and Dunleavy and that's something that I didn't really expect. He seemed a little bit quicker than I remember.
    Yes, he was. At least it seemed that way to me also. I thought he was going to guard Dunleavy at first. Which seemed a clever way to get him some minutes, but he ended up on Snell. Nice job of staying with his guy. He was definitely in 'chucker' mode. By design, I think. His drive to the rim was fun to watch. Good to see him play.

I still can't get over Frank sitting Lance to play Chris though. Very 'outside the box' thinking. Adds a shooter and forces more passing. Clever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Yes, he was. At least it seemed that way to me also. I thought he was going to guard Dunleavy at first. Which seemed a clever way to get him some minutes, but he ended up on Snell. Nice job of staying with his guy. He was definitely in 'chucker' mode. By design, I think. His drive to the rim was fun to watch. Good to see him play.

I still can't get over Frank sitting Lance to play Chris though. Very 'outside the box' thinking. Adds a shooter and forces more passing. Clever.
    and it sends a message to Lance. And I think its better for Turner. I still think he plays better when Lance isn't on the floor.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Copeland has not looked like a bad defender at the 3 or 4. I never thought he was, certainly not worse than Scola. He should continue to get playing time IMO, but I thought he should have for most of the season.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Also, good to see Scola got the mid range jumper back at least for tonight. He was slowly recovering as the year has gone by, and he blew up with it tonight it seems

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    See you and raise you.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Ian has been playing fantastic ball for months and you want LaVoy to play over him, out of position, because of one game against the worst team in the league? No way.
    I'm assuming we're using the term fantastic veeeeeeeeeeeeeery loosely, right? He has played better, but he set the bar so low that it didn't really matter. I'd rather see LaVoy Allen at the 5 then Mahimi because Allen does the small things like boxing out for rebounds, can protect the rim on par with Mahimi and he's actually a threat offensively. If we did that, kept playing Copeland(why does Frank sit him after he looked good?), and got CJ Watson healthy our bench should look pretty darn good.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

28. The Following User Says Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:

Our 3rd quarter defense was championship level. It's good to see that switch flipped.
    Last edited by imawhat; 03-21-2014 at 11:12 PM.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    See you and raise you.

I fold.

Spoiler Spoiler:

LaVoy can shoot, along with do everything Ian can. That's why. He's a threat from midrange. Ian is shooting, they WANT HIM to shoot. When LaVoy is on the floor you have to account for him. I hope we see more Copeland though. This is the second game where he's gotten non-garbage-time action. Second straight game.

In retrospect, it recreates the bench as it was supposed to be at the beginning of the season. Using Chris to take the Danny Granger role, using Evan to take the Lance role and it keeps Lance's minutes down to a reasonable amount. Lance played 30 min tonight instead of the 35 to 40 he's been playing. Lance is the energizer bunny, but getting to play less minutes has to make it easier to play harder when he is on the court.

Lance and Evan do have trouble playing together, especially without CJ. Just not enough shooters. This puts a shooter back without taking Luis out. Evan does a nice job of taking Lance's ballhandling role. Making the bench a strong point of the team even with CJ out. Genius move.

and it sends a message to Lance. And I think its better for Turner. I still think he plays better when Lance isn't on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Copeland has not looked like a bad defender at the 3 or 4. I never thought he was, certainly not worse than Scola. He should continue to get playing time IMO, but I thought he should have for most of the season.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Copeland had 2 blocks tonight by the way.

Yea, we need to continue with the

Watson
    Turner
    Copeland
    Scola
    Bynum

lline-up when healthy

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    See you and raise you.

Damn dude, that is neat.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I ate shellfish tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I thought Copeland was a net positive tonight. Vogel said he played him specifically to open up the floor for Evan Turner to see what Evan could do (Evan got 7 assists).

I'm not a huge Copeland fan, and I generally don't want to see him on the floor at all, but if you can stick him on somebody that won't score like Tony Snell (tonight), then his defensive liabilities aren't as important. Maybe he can guard Battier when we play the Heat. It's possible there's an opportunity there.