Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So the lesson learned is that Roy is actually capable of running the floor without passing out....
    Not over the course of an 82 game season, in my opinion. I think Roy's looked incredibly fatigued the past several weeks, and that's with running as the trailer on offense.

But come playoff time, there's enough rest between games and in general the games are played at a much slower pace, so I think Roy will be able to run on offense like he did tonight. Those two factors are why Roy played better in the playoffs last season, and that's why I think he'll do it again this season.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I think it's this: Lance's plays, both good/bad, are dramatic and very easy to spot, and Hill's plays aren't.

George Hill being unwilling, unable, and indecisive with the ball leads to a bad shot. Lance dribbles through the legs for a few seconds and takes a bad fadeaway jumper.

Both plays have the same exact effect, and Hill's occurs more frequently, but Lance's looks 10 times worse.

I agree with both of you. Lance's teammates have a valid complaint about his game lately, and their word carries a lot of weight. And ironically, Lance's play and our offense in general started going downhill when we started taking the ball out of his hands, especially in transition. Lance hasn't adjusted well and is overcompensating by overdribbling.
    I don't know, its probably me, but I turned to my wife and said "please dear Lord, get Hill (Turner would be a distant second) back because I can't take much more of this offense being run thru Lance or PG. For the love of the Zeus, it seems so pointless at times. At least with Hill, you have an old fashion lets swing the ball to the other side kind of the thing or let's at least run a PnR. Some semblance of a basketball play.

The overdribbling leading to a fadeaway becomes maddening....

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

I'm sure its been mentioned somewhere since the game last nite, but maybe Roy woke some people up with his comments ??

Different look last nite.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good Lance last night.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Good Lance last night.
    With 0 assists, which backs up what many have stated - assists don't always paint the real picture. You can be selfish and have 8 assists, or you can be selfless and wind up with 0 assists.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

tFrom what I saw on the TV the body language between Roy and Lance was positive too. Maybe others watched it more closely live?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    tFrom what I saw on the TV the body language between Roy and Lance was positive too. Maybe others watched it more closely live?
    I noticed that Roy made it a point to get out and slap hands with Lance after solid plays from either of them.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Even tho lance had a few mistakes he played really well decisive basketball that's where he's at his best

Lance is one of my favorite players, but even I can agree it's maddening at times watching him try to decide what to do when initiating offense. Growing up he was coddled and was never really forced to play a team game. That's why some of us wanted Frank, for the last couple years, to let Lance learn how to be more effective in that situation because he's clearly the most capable player we have at breaking down a defense and delivering the ball, he's just not seasoned enough. I just roll eyes at those who believe he's incapable of ever learning to be the initiator because most of those folks doubted his abilities in the first place.

Imawhat has a couple really good posts above. Hill's late or entirely missed passes do cause issues with the offense. And I'm glad Frank spoke up about the screening. We've been really bad for awhile now, but I saw clear intent last night from the bigs to set solid screens, and our wings actually waited on them and went the right direction which is something they, for whatever reason, have rarely done recently. Definitely "felt like old times" like Roy saiid.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 03-22-2014 at 05:42 PM.