Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 309

Thread: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

  1. #276
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling someone out publically, is never the easy shot.
    easy shot when its the scapegoat. I got major issues with the way Lance handles himself, but to give PG a pass is flat out wrong.

  2. #277
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I acknowledged he isn't playing his best basketball. All I'm saying is I think PGs play has been much more troublesome.
    Their play is in the same vein though, that's why I don't get all this "But Paul!" stuff. I'll readily admit that Lance is shooting better than Paul, but he's hitting extremely difficult jumpshots. Lance is a very good scorer, but not good enough as a shooter to expect that level of play to continue. He's built his FG% on getting easy shots, now he's taking tough shots.

    I think Paul is the biggest problem, as he's the best player, too. But it's more like 1A and 1B.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  4. #278
    Member Romsey31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anguilla, Caribbean
    Age
    29
    Posts
    598

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Pg says he wants lebron to be his mentor then how about doing what lebron does. He hardly ever shoots the three and constantly attacks and post us. Pg looks more like a durant impersonator if you ask me, and a pretty bad one to booth. I really hope he turns it around soon to the player we grew accustomed to in the first months of the season
    Impossible Is Nothing

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:


  6. #279
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    easy shot when its the scapegoat. I got major issues with the way Lance handles himself, but to give PG a pass is flat out wrong.
    I don't understand how Lance is the "scapegoat" when you say that West is the only one that can say anything, and West is saying the exact same things as Roy, just not as detailed on describing exactly who.

    That was my point from page 1, that more people are upset that Roy said anything, rather than actually taking issue with what he said.

    I don't like to pick and choose who tells the truth. The truth can be told by anyone, at any time, as far as I'm concerned. (I do understand the issues of where they're being said)

    Basically, I hate shooting the messenger.

    EDIT: For the record, I don't like giving PG a pass either. I'd imagine his salary is the reason though, which isn't good enough for me either.
    Last edited by Since86; 03-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  7. #280
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what's Lance's reasoning for not moving the ball for the past few weeks, if he was just talking about that game?

    And yes, I do blame Lance for Lance not moving the ball.
    I blame PG for not moving the ball.

    I blame those who aren't moving the ball, instead of trying to convince everyone else that they are moving the ball.
    I think our team is lacking movement away from the ball. I think they are taking too long to get into their offense most of the time. Half their possessions they don't even get into their set until their is about 12 seconds on the shot clock.

    Typically, this leads to perimeter players taking perimeter shots.

    On top of that PG is STRUGGLING, and Hibbert has been too.

    When Lance gets the ball, watch the rest of the team and tell me what he's supposed to do with it. The guy is a playmaker, he's always gonna look for a man in scoring position, or a lane to create a scoring opportunity, and I'm not gonna fault him for that, it's his game and it's not gonna change.

    I actually would like to see Vogel make Lance our primary ball handler/PG. I would trade the occasional turnovers for having him in the middle of the offense where he can be a ball mover/driver. I think putting him on one side limits his game. A lot of times he doesn't get the ball until there has been 10+ seconds run off the shot clock and he's forced to play faster than he should. And usually he's a right handed player on the right side of the offense which makes it tougher to get penetration. But that's me. I would love to see him get the ball, push it up, look to attack off the screen and put pressure on the defenses bigs to play him earlier in the shot clock. This will allow more movement, earlier in the clock, which should improve our offensive flow. Hill will never garner the kind of respect Lance will get coming off a pick and roll.

    When Hill comes down, he usually walks it up and he just isn't a threat to attack the way Lance is, so the defense gets a chance to set up and by the time our scorers even get the ball, we've lost 10 seconds to get a good shot.

    Now Lance would have to play smarter basketball, no doubt about that. But I think he's more than capable of doing that.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  9. #281
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I don't pretend to know exactly what happened because I saw a conversation between two teammates, that's all.

    Plus, I have played on many teams and there were always guys getting on each other, every game. I didn't play for one team, or coach a team, that had everybody get along, ever. Most teams had guys that flat out didn't like each other and it didn't seem to have any correlation with how good we were. In fact the better the team I was on, the more competitive the guys on our roster usually were WITH EACH OTHER. I'm not sure where this "everybody must be best buddies all the time" line of thinking comes from, but it doesn't equate with my experience in basketball, though I never played in the NBA of course. And as a coach, I don't want guys that get along too well necessarily. But I doubt it's much different in that regard in the NBA. The best team I was ever on had 2 guys that I hated with a passion, ON THE COURT. They acted like ******** most of the time and knew it all. But if they were open, I got them the ball because they could play. And we hung out after the game because they were completely different off the hardwood. Competitiveness can make someone act like a jerk. It doesn't mean it's an issue.

    What happens off the court when nobody is watching is way more important. And from everything I've seen, Lance is like the teams "class clown" and probably benefits the team more than you know, personality wise. I've yet to see an interview where anyone directly said Lance is a problem in any way. All I've seen is people speak on his first two years and how far he has come.

    I think the fans who are the most bothered by Lances previous issues over analyze every little thing they see. Anytime him and a teammate have a disagreement it becomes " getting on Lance" or "causing trouble". I don't think that is what it is. The team is losing and trust me, nobody is more frustrated by that than Lance. The dudes a competitor.

    But then again I don't see just Lance pounding the ball too much, I see our entire offense not moving, guys standing around, and our perimeter players pounding it too much. There isn't one of them playing well. I see our best player shooting a horrible percentage over a 30 game stretch and just settling for the first jumper he gets, I see Roy Hibbert struggling to get position time after time. It's much more than one guy screwing everything up.
    There's a lot of things here that show me you need to go back and re-read what I'm bringing up. I've never said anything about everybody being buddies, not even close. I've never said anyone on the team outright dislikes Lance. I've not once laid all the blame at the feet of Lance. I'll take this moment to mention since the beginning of the year Lance's ballhandling responsibilities have increased, and since the all-star snub our offense has crumbled. The solution to this, to some, is give him the ball more, despite our offense tanking since he's been given "some extra". Again, that's not blaming him for everything, but I do believe he see's enough of the ball.

    What I HAVE said, is that Lance gets mad about really stupid, selfish things on the court. It's obnoxious as hell to watch him get mad about teammates passing up 30 fters because he won't get an assist on the play. It's embarrassing that he's running down the floor complaining about not receiving a pass on a play where Hill got a wide open look right at the rim.

    And no, I don't think that's normal "competitiveness" between teammates. I guess that's where we really disagree.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  11. #282
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a lot of things here that show me you need to go back and re-read what I'm bringing up. I've never said anything about everybody being buddies, not even close. I've never said anyone on the team outright dislikes Lance. I've not once laid all the blame at the feet of Lance. I'll take this moment to mention since the beginning of the year Lance's ballhandling responsibilities have increased, and since the all-star snub our offense has crumbled. The solution to this, to some, is give him the ball more, despite our offense tanking since he's been given "some extra". Again, that's not blaming him for everything, but I do believe he see's enough of the ball.

    What I HAVE said, is that Lance gets mad about really stupid, selfish things on the court. It's obnoxious as hell to watch him get mad about teammates passing up 30 fters because he won't get an assist on the play. It's embarrassing that he's running down the floor complaining about not receiving a pass on a play where Hill got a wide open look right at the rim.

    And no, I don't think that's normal "competitiveness" between teammates. I guess that's where we really disagree.
    Man I didn't mean to imply YOU said that. I'm just talking in general from people critical of Lance, not just you. Sometimes I lump peoples thoughts together and that's my fault. I'm guilty of hopping all over the place with my posts sometimes. Don't take anything I say personally.

    Yeah we just disagree on the degree of his affect on the team that's all. But I am the type who accepts a lot of things other people don't and I'm aware of that. I like guys with FIRE, and I feel like Lance has that so I cut him more slack than most.

    I understand where you are coming from, especially considering this teams history.

    Btw for me it's not about him getting MORE of the ball, it's about WHEN and WHERE he gets it.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 03-21-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  12. #283
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've implied it in other threads nuntius.
    No, I haven't. I have never implied that Roy has an issue with Lance. I don't believe that this is the case and that's why I haven't implied that. I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you're mixing me up with someone else?

    I have always said that as long as the team is fine with it then I'm fine with it as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is impossible to steal a rebound man. If you get it, you earned it. Dennis Rodman "stole" thousands. Roy won't elbow Stephenson because he won't elbow anyone else, which is why he doesn't get more. Lance is a great rebounder for his position and why that bothers you, I'll never know.

    The reasoning you use to pit Lance against the rest of the team with this stealing rebounds junk is the exact kind of thing that keeps you from winning championships. John Wooden would be ashamed of that kind of thinking. If Lance stops going after rebounds we become a lesser team for it. And it's one of the things Larry Bird admires most about Lances game. So trust me, Larry ain't gonna buy it either. It's absurd.

    I think this is the only time I've ever seen a fan be upset with one of his guys for getting too many boards. Wow.
    I'll say it once again. I don't have any issue with Lance stealing rebounds. I understand why that happens and I support it.

    What I have an issue with is when ignorant people use that to blame Hibbert about his rebounding. That's what grinds my gears.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is basketball and you wanna talk about fair? Is it little league? You have a chance to get the rebound just like everyone else, if you want it, go get it. And don't give me this "he's boxing out so the guards can get it" baloney. Makes you wonder how Kevin Love ever gets a rebound with all the boxing out he has to do. It's ridiculous.
    You wanna talk about Kevin Love? Fine.

    1) Kevin Love will almost never contest a shot. If he has to choose between contesting a shot and positioning himself for a rebound then he'll choose the rebound and pray that the opponent misses. There is a reason why Minnesota is not in the playoffs despite having a great offense and Love's lack of D is a big reason why.

    2) He's never going to box out so his guards can get the rebound. He will just go for the rebound every chance he gets.

    3) I'm pretty sure that I have seen KLove elbowing Pekovic in the head in order to grab a defensive rebound out of his hands. That's only anecdotal but it happened when we played them (not sure if it's this season or the last one).
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  13. #284
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I haven't. I have never implied that Roy has an issue with Lance. I don't believe that this is the case and that's why I haven't implied that. I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe you're mixing me up with someone else?

    I have always said that as long as the team is fine with it then I'm fine with it as well.



    I'll say it once again. I don't have any issue with Lance stealing rebounds. I understand why that happens and I support it.

    What I have an issue with is when ignorant people use that to blame Hibbert about his rebounding. That's what grinds my gears.



    You wanna talk about Kevin Love? Fine.

    1) Kevin Love will almost never contest a shot. If he has to choose between contesting a shot and positioning himself for a rebound then he'll choose the rebound and pray that the opponent misses. There is a reason why Minnesota is not in the playoffs despite having a great offense and Love's lack of D is a big reason why.

    2) He's never going to box out so his guards can get the rebound. He will just go for the rebound every chance he gets.

    3) I'm pretty sure that I have seen KLove elbowing Pekovic in the head in order to grab a defensive rebound out of his hands. That's only anecdotal but it happened when we played them (not sure if it's this season or the last one).
    It's quite possible.

    Plus you are always arguing about it with me so maybe I got the wrong impression.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  14. #285
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite possible.

    Plus you are always arguing about it with me so maybe I got the wrong impression.
    I'm arguing with a lot of people for a lot of things. I enjoy debating although I really wish that this forum would be more united.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  16. #286
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't expect him to grab 12 every night. Personally I would like to see him just get 3 offensive rebounds and 7-8 total, consistently. I think that's a reasonable expectation for a center.
    Those numbers are his season average, by the way. He is averaging 2.7 offensive rebounds and 7.1 total rebounds so he's getting consistently the exact numbers that you're asking for.

    Honestly, Roy could easily average 9 or 10 rebounds if Vogel instructed him to crash the boards every single game instead of contesting shots or running back on defense. Would that benefit the team, though? I doubt it.

    That's why I'm glad that Roy is sticking to what Vogel is telling him to do and allows his wings to clear up the boards after he forced a miss. I just cannot tolerate it when people blame Roy for doing that because they only look at a box score.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #287
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm arguing with a lot of people for a lot of things. I enjoy debating although I really wish that this forum would be more united.
    Haha probably never happen nuntius, it's a nice thought though.

    You should of been here during the JOB years my man. It was ugly, lol. I think the board is pretty peaceful now for the most part. Everybody is happy really, we just can't agree on why. There were a few times I thought I was gonna stroke out in the middle of a post back then. Fighting everyday, all day. But most of us still come here and look forward to arguing with each other some more. It just shows we all are passionate about the game.

    And I enjoy your optimism nuntius, so don't take me the wrong way. And I appreciate you fallowing this team from so far away. Hope you keep rooting for the team and hopefully you can come over here and catch a game someday.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  18. #288
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Those numbers are his season average, by the way. He is averaging 2.7 offensive rebounds and 7.1 total rebounds so he's getting consistently the exact numbers that you're asking for.

    Honestly, Roy could easily average 9 or 10 rebounds if Vogel instructed him to crash the boards every single game instead of contesting shots or running back on defense. Would that benefit the team, though? I doubt it.

    That's why I'm glad that Roy is sticking to what Vogel is telling him to do and allows his wings to clear up the boards after he forced a miss. I just cannot tolerate it when people blame Roy for doing that because they only look at a box score.
    Roy completely shut down Joakim Noah tonight. Roy impacts the game on so many levels that will not show up on the stat sheet.
    David "And One" West

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  20. #289
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    I don't care too much about his rebounding, I am a big Roy supporter. I try to be objective and call him out when he needs it tho, but for the most part he don't bother me. As long as we take care of the glass as a team, I'm good.

    Hell one time I actually argued with unclebuck that Roy was "athletic" for a 7'2" guy, haha wow. Not so sure about that one looking back. I probably should've just went to bed that night.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  22. #290
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha probably never happen nuntius, it's a nice thought though.

    You should of been here during the JOB years my man. It was ugly, lol. I think the board is pretty peaceful now for the most part. Everybody is happy really, we just can't agree on why. There were a few times I thought I was gonna stroke out in the middle of a post back then. Fighting everyday, all day. But most of us still come here and look forward to arguing with each other some more. It just shows we all are passionate about the game.

    And I enjoy your optimism nuntius, so don't take me the wrong way. And I appreciate you fallowing this team from so far away. Hope you keep rooting for the team and hopefully you can come over here and catch a game someday.
    I was really impressed when I first joined this board. I searched some threads from the JOB era and seeing that so many guys have stuck with the team (and the forum) throughout those dark years impressed me a lot. I have a lot of respect for what some of you did.

    I'm a naturally optimistic person (although I do get gloomy at times and yesterday was one of those times) and I'm always passionate about the things I believe in and that's why I often butt heads with others.

    I certainly want to visit Indiana some day. In general, I want to visit the Midwest and the Pacific Northwest.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  24. #291
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy completely shut down Joakim Noah tonight. Roy impacts the game on so many levels that will not show up on the stat sheet.
    I think that their battle was a draw, actually. They cancelled each other out.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  26. #292
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that their battle was a draw, actually. They cancelled each other out.
    Roy didn't dominate Noah offensively, but Joakim really thought he was going to score vs Roy one on one
    David "And One" West

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  28. #293
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Another comment on the low Hibbert rebounding numbers and blaming Lance for "stealing" them, can we please give credit to Lance Stephenson for being a terrific rebounder. The offensive rebound he had in the second half was incredible. This isn't Roy's fault that the best rebounder on the team is Lance. You don't typically find an elite rebounder that is only 6-5 inches tall, but Lance really has a knack for grabbing rebounds
    David "And One" West

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  30. #294
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,284

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was really impressed when I first joined this board. I searched some threads from the JOB era and seeing that so many guys have stuck with the team (and the forum) throughout those dark years impressed me a lot. I have a lot of respect for what some of you did.

    I'm a naturally optimistic person (although I do get gloomy at times and yesterday was one of those times) and I'm always passionate about the things I believe in and that's why I often butt heads with others.

    I certainly want to visit Indiana some day. In general, I want to visit the Midwest and the Pacific Northwest.
    Well the landscape here ain't much to look at man, so go to the Pacific Northwest if you want to see some beauty.

    But if you come here be prepared to see some basketball. Go check out a game in Hinkle Fieldhouse if you can. Maybe come during our high school sectional and check out a game. And most definitely, go check out Bankers Life. We have the best gyms in the country, no doubt about it.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  32. #295
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another comment on the low Hibbert rebounding numbers and blaming Lance for "stealing" them, can we please give credit to Lance Stephenson for being a terrific rebounder. The offensive rebound he had in the second half was incredible. This isn't Roy's fault that the best rebounder on the team is Lance. You don't typically find an elite rebounder that is only 6-5 inches tall, but Lance really has a knack for grabbing rebounds
    Lance is certainly a terrific rebounder and deserves credit for it. I obviously agree on that and it's one of the main reasons why I love Lance
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  34. #296
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stealing this from the Random Thoughts thread.


    I wish I could just isolate the Pacers, but if this is accurate, I think it's a bit concerning Lance's passing patterns mirror Roy's while the other 4 starters have much thicker lines. I also notice Lance's thinest line is to Roy. There has to be frustration starting to boil over.
    They play on opposite sides of the floor. Lance usually lines up with David West.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  36. #297
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do all of you thinking Roy doesn't run down the court because he doesn't want to understand how our offense is designed?
    I think it's more simple than that. Roy conserves his energy for the defensive end. He's a low stamina guy, always has been. I think it was O'Brien that told Hibbert to focus on moving efficiently on the court, like Bill Russell did, and that includes coming up the court slowly.

    I don't fault Hibbert for being slow on offense at all. It won't matter when we hit the playoffs and the game slows down. Yes, he gets better position if he beats his opponent down court, but it's at the expense of his defense, which had been slacking before tonight's Bulls game.

  37. #298
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    In tonight's post game, Vogel did not blame Lance for the recent lack of ball movement. He placed the blame almost solely on the lack of screens set by the screeners. He said people have to get open for passes to be made.

    I noticed better screens from both Roy and West, and even some screens from Lance in the Bulls game.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  39. #299
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's more simple than that. Roy conserves his energy for the defensive end. He's a low stamina guy, always has been. I think it was O'Brien that told Hibbert to focus on moving efficiently on the court, like Bill Russell did, and that includes coming up the court slowly.

    I don't fault Hibbert for being slow on offense at all. It won't matter when we hit the playoffs and the game slows down. Yes, he gets better position if he beats his opponent down court, but it's at the expense of his defense, which had been slacking before tonight's Bulls game.
    So after giving Roy **** all day because I took exception that he could pass judgement on others, I sat and focused on him for the 10 mins he played in the first qtr.. I was thinking, have you gone overboard on the big Dawg and got a little too prickly in your old age?

    I thought his energy was really great. On 2 possessions early he was the FIRST one down the floor. Once he had Noah on his hip in the middle of the paint low and should have been rewarded, but I think we are so used to looking away, we did. So the lesson learned is that Roy is actually capable of running the floor without passing out.

    On the first post entry (from Lance), it got to him early (I can't remember who said in this thread - first 2 secs or go somewhere else) and even though he missed the shot it was everything you would want in a post feed.

    If we could get the kind of effort we got from Roy tonight on a more consistent basis, we would be very hard to beat.

    very hard.

    Big Dawg looked good tonight, but then it was a good performance pretty much across the board.
    Last edited by seeker80; 03-21-2014 at 11:46 PM.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:


  41. #300
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe you're right, but we've yet to hear the Pacers coaching staff nor the players talk about that being an issue with GHill. We have heard them talk about it as an issue with Lance. I think their feelings towards the tendancies of their teammates carries a lot of weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, or maybe George Hill is trying to run the play that is called waiting on the players to get open. Lance just goes and disregards the play.

    Most likely George Hills plays involve others, whereas Lance's plays involve him running a quick pick and roll. You would have to watch the tape of the game to determine for sure


    Regardless it seems the players have a problem with Lance to some degree. And whether the players should have a problem with PG or GH or DW or anyone is almost irrelevant, if his teammates have a problrem with lance that is what matters.

    Maybe all this came to a head after Granger was traded. Traded for another guy who likes to have the ball and shoot a lot. (Turner). Maybe a few of the players were hoping Granger would be there when it counted. Just a thought
    I think it's this: Lance's plays, both good/bad, are dramatic and very easy to spot, and Hill's plays aren't.

    George Hill being unwilling, unable, and indecisive with the ball leads to a bad shot. Lance dribbles through the legs for a few seconds and takes a bad fadeaway jumper.

    Both plays have the same exact effect, and Hill's occurs more frequently, but Lance's looks 10 times worse.

    I agree with both of you. Lance's teammates have a valid complaint about his game lately, and their word carries a lot of weight. And ironically, Lance's play and our offense in general started going downhill when we started taking the ball out of his hands, especially in transition. Lance hasn't adjusted well and is overcompensating by overdribbling.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •