Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

Default Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

Not by name, but he clearly gives West and Paul George a pass. I think he is mainly talking about Lance because he refers to roles changing.

I realize little bits and pieces of this article was discussed in the post game thread, but I think it deserves its own thread because there is more in the article than what was in her tweets

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...nicks/6637785/
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-20-2014 at 08:52 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Roy Hibbert calls out Lance and maybe George Hill?

Considering Hill's shooting percentage as of late, I'd definitely include him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

So, basically this locker room is inter-fighting to some extent -- it's not hard to get a read on how people feel about Lance -- and bickering about chemistry, hero ball, selfishness and basketball IQ with under 20 games left on the year?

I fear this won't end well unless this coaching staff steps in and does something it hasn't done all year.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

About time someone calls someone out. They've been playing selfishly for a while now (not just Lance but PG too). Get back to inside out and quit acting like your the greatest two guard and small forward in the league.

@Pacers24Colts12

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pacers13Colts12 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree fully with Roy.

I can't absolve Roy of ALL blame, because he obviously had to make an effort to get to where they could get the ball to him, which means perhaps that's been necessary all along. However, the constant half-hearted effort to get inside the perimeter and then settle for a long jumper has got to stop.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why would Paul get a pass when he's the problem? Lance needs to tone down the Rucker show but we would've gotten blown out If not for him, but obviously he seems to be the scape goat of this team. Honestly Paul george of late has just looked severely overrated
    Impossible Is Nothing

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Remember when PG used to drop 20, 7 and 5 each game without even anyone really noticing him? It all seemed so natural and within the flow of the game. God be with the days.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Meh... Equal share to be had by everyone really... Hope this doesn't turn into the blame game... Getting nervous that the wheels may be coming off...

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Paul get a pass when he's the problem? Lance needs to tone down the Rucker show but we would've gotten blown out If not for him, but obviously he seems to be the scape goat of this team. Honestly Paul george of late has just looked severely overrated
    Lance is an enigma. He gets credit for "saving" the game from some, yet his unpredictability when he has the ball is a huge part of why guys hesitate when moving through plays when he has the ball. He has no timing that works with the team - they don't know if or when he will pass it, where he will go when he drives it, and where the ball will go if he misses his shot. That makes him look really good when his big shots fall, but it disrupts the ability of the team to play as a unit.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    Remember when PG used to drop 20, 7 and 5 each game without even anyone really noticing him? It all seemed so natural and within the flow of the game. God be with the days.
    PG is simply out of gas IMO
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    No he's not. He just takes too much threes Imo. And bad shots. I'm sure he takes more threes a game than reggie did.
    Last edited by Romsey31; 03-21-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Impossible Is Nothing

I'm glad Roy and West spoke up. I even brought it up in the post game thread that I don't care if Roy has to whine to the media, I want to do whatever it takes to get his hands on the ball. We need to get back to playing the inside out game that was so effective for us early in the year or we are not winning a title. Hibbert brings up that we've fallen in love with the jump shot, that's the Lance and Paul show offense that several of us have complained about. He does seem to give West and Paul a pass and while I agree that Paul was more the problem last night he hasn't been the entire season. We can live with and need Paul to take charge but we can't have 2 players jacking up 15+ perimeter shots each. Lance needs to accept a lesser role on offense IMO and try to be more of a distributor. As Dr. Hibbert said the coaching staff needs to do something now that they haven't done all year and that's give direction and coach. This is about the time of year that Roy took over last season while at the same time Paul disappeared for a while. I'm really happy to see Roy speak out and I saw the same thing on the floor last night as he yelled over to Vogel to keep the ball coming to him in the 3rd. This is the Roy Hibbert that can lead us in through the playoffs.

Why does PG get a pass? 4-17 shooting FG's. Stop shooting the ball if you are cold
    David "And One" West

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

"I usually don't run the court like that but I said, if I have to be the first big guy down the court to get the ball, I'll start (running) to try and change it," Hibbert said. "Usually I'm not a sprinting type but tonight, I tried to do it."

So basically Roy said that he doesn't usually hustle but since they were losing he decided to try that to spur the team? That speaks volumes imho. Hibbert has been a huge part of the problem lately, as has Lance and PG. Lance and PG try to do it themselves but they have had to at times because Hibbert is getting shoved out of the paint. Last night in the 2nd half Roy decided to put forth some effort and it got the team back in the game. The 1st half? Chandler was killing Hibbert, out rebounding him, keeping out of the paint.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fwpacerfan For This Useful Post:

Let's throw the guy who was our best player and most consistent last night right under the bus, seems like a good move.

Roy needs to remove his head from his ***, I don't know when he got it lodged up there, but he has to be getting low on oxygen.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post

I think the reasons are his youth, not enough strength and he has a troubled personal life.
    Plus trying to be the teams best defender and offensively player will take a toll also.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

I found this very interesting, it nicely illustrates the distribution of the ball within the starting 5 of every NBA team.
    It's further proof we need to involve Roy much more and get him more touches.

Also, notice the Poor Hibbert - Lance connection.

http://imgur.com/2dmVXGr

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DgR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Let's throw the guy who was our best player and most consistent last night right under the bus, seems like a good move.

Roy needs to remove his head from his ***, I don't know when he got it lodged up there, but he has to be getting low on oxygen.
    Lance's "bad" shots are still much better than PG's "bad" shots. Lance creates space and only shoots when he is wide open. PG does this stupid off-balance fadeaway crap that never works. Also, whose idea was it that our end of quarter/half/game offense was to give PG the ball and everybody else get out of the way. It is beyond predictable that PG will dribble, dribble, shoot while defended, and miss
    David "And One" West

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Maybe Lance would throw Hibbert the ball more if Roy could catch. Guy has stone hands
    David "And One" West

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

Yeah, I'd prefer to throw him in the 4th row, just like his passes. Or maybe underneath his dribbling. That'll flatten him good.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DgR View Post
    I found this very interesting, it nicely illustrates the distribution of the ball within the starting 5 of every NBA team.
    It's further proof we need to involve Roy much more and get him more touches.

Also, notice the Poor Hibbert - Lance connection.

http://imgur.com/2dmVXGr
    Cool picture! Thanks!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Lance is an enigma. He gets credit for "saving" the game from some, yet his unpredictability when he has the ball is a huge part of why guys hesitate when moving through plays when he has the ball. He has no timing that works with the team - they don't know if or when he will pass it, where he will go when he drives it, and where the ball will go if he misses his shot. That makes him look really good when his big shots fall, but it disrupts the ability of the team to play as a unit.
    Lance needs to be our primary ball handler. Lance needs to run the offense. When he does, our offense does well. (Sure, he makes a mistake now and then, but the over is better than the under.) When Hill runs the offense, nothing happens. When PG runs it, it's either a nice shot, a bad percentage shot, or a turnover (more of the the last two than the first).

If the players had more practice with Lance running the offense, they wouldn't be so unfamiliar with what's going to happen. (For instance, when Roy get's the ball from Lance in his hands, he would learn to squeeze--just kidding, couldn't resist.)

This is a problem that will go from bad to worse unless Vogel steps in and does the obvious in terms of what's best for the offense. I have a feeling I know Bird's opinion.

Another twist: If Lance isn't allowed to run the offense—the obvious best choice for this team—I don't see him wanting to come back next year. Some of you might like that idea, but it would be a disaster for the Pacers, imo.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Maybe Lance would throw Hibbert the ball more if Roy could catch. Guy has stone hands
    Where is this coming from? When has Hibbert fumbled passes?

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Lance had a good game last night but so it doesn't' seem fair to call him out for this one game. However, Lance has been close to a net negative since his name started coming up for a possible all star selection. He needs to take a lesser scoring role and become more of a distributor while Roy needs to take a bigger role. We just can't afford to have 2 wing players shooting 30+ jump shots per game. Paul has also fallen in love with the 3 way too much. The bottom line is our offense needs to go back to what worked for us at the beginning of the season. When we play the inside out game and focus on defense, we are by far the best team in the NBA.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

So Roy has one good game and now he calls out his teammates on offense.....that's great.

Lance really has problems gaining respect. Look at the numbers. Lance leads the team in FG%, shooting 6% higher than Paul, but Paul has the green light and Hibbert's respect because he earned it.

All of the numbers point to Lance doing as well on offense as any Pacer, and he's leading the team in assists. And from the eye test, our starting offense runs better as soon as it's initiated through Lance. But his teammates complain more about him than any other player. Why?

45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post: