Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 141

Thread: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

  1. #76
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa... you're confident about a 1 loss lead with over 15 games remaining and the two time champions on our heels?


    If you consider that "wrapped up", there are a lot of things I'd like to sell you. I GUARANTEE you will make tons of money on these items. This rusty nail for instance... it can only go up in value.

    Oops.

    I didn't realize the Heat lost tonight.

    Point still stands... the East is far from wrapped up. We still play Miami twice and that alone could change everything at this point. You've heard the saying, "no lead is safe". It's definitely not safe up a couple games with 15 games left. I do think we should get the #1 seed but it's far from a sure thing. I'm not chalking it up as a done deal. Nowhere near.

  2. #77
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    I'd say Roy's comments are more concerned with the "hero ball" that is now occurring from PG and Lance, instead of trusting your teammate to make the shot or play.

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If not that, at the very least I would think it is about the lack of ball movement and not trusting teammates on offense in general.
    I think this is more accurate... It is so frustrating to watch this team, who already is not very good offensively, dribble around for the first fourteen seconds or so of the shot clock before a contested or forced shot is made within the next six seconds after only one (two if we are lucky) pass...

  5. #79
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Frustrating that in a game where Roy Hibbert has one of his best offensive games of the season and an absolute monster 3rd quarter that we give him the ball so few times in the 4th. Instead we jacked up WAYYYY too many 3s in that 4th quarter.

    I love PG but he needs to learn that when his shot is off he shouldn't be attempting 9 3 pointers in a game. We simply settled for way too many perimeter shots that quarter this team needs to get back to its roots and stop thinking that we are the GS Warriors. We are a bad 3 point team plain and simple we are in the bottom half of the league and that isn't going to get better with our 3 pt. shot selection. This team needs to use the 3 as almost a last resort instead of a functionality. When not a single rotation player shoots over 40 percent in your lineup then you need to find other ways to score than the 3pt. line tonight that was from Roy Hibbert and we all but abandoned him in the 4th.

  6. #80
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,983

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oops.

    I didn't realize the Heat lost tonight.

    Point still stands... the East is far from wrapped up. We still play Miami twice and that alone could change everything at this point. You've heard the saying, "no lead is safe". It's definitely not safe up a couple games with 15 games left. I do think we should get the #1 seed but it's far from a sure thing. I'm not chalking it up as a done deal. Nowhere near.
    I certainly agree that nothing is wrapped up. I just wanted to inform you that the Heat lost tonight so nothing really changed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

    TOP

  8. #81
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    It's frustrating because you at this lineup, and everyone of these guys is capable of putting up 15-20 ppg a night. To me, you shouldn't struggle offensively in an offensive lineup where everyone can score pretty well. Maybe that's the problem though? Hill and Hibbert don't get enough shot attempts and disappear for long stretches. PG and Lance do far too much iso-ball instead of just moving the ball. West is generally consistent, but he shouldn't be a guy that should be expected to carry an offense every night.

  9. #82
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a 2 loss lead. Miami lost tonight at Boston since LeBron was out with back spasms.
    Corrected myself but thanks for the correction

    I wasn't around tonight and didn't check the scores other than the Pacers until after I had posted.

    Glad the Heat lost.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  11. #83
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's frustrating because you at this lineup, and everyone of these guys is capable of putting up 15-20 ppg a night. To me, you shouldn't struggle offensively in an offensive lineup where everyone can score pretty well. Maybe that's the problem though? Hill and Hibbert don't get enough shot attempts and disappear for long stretches. PG and Lance do far too much iso-ball instead of just moving the ball. West is generally consistent, but he shouldn't be a guy that should be expected to carry an offense every night.
    I am not sure what would fix the offensive woes that the team has... You are correct, everyone is able to go off on any given night... I dont see this as a traditional NBA team in that regards... I think that I would love to see more of a motion type offense for this group of guys, where no one is a focal point, but everyone could possibly be...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  13. #84
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19




    The full statement.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  15. #85
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19




    Especially himself...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  17. #86
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “Two assists in the first half is unacceptable. We got to fight for each other.” - Roy Hibbert

    REWIND: http://t.co/aIFATGHX69
    — Scott Agness (@ScottAgness) March 20, 2014


    The full statement.
    Here is an interesting blub from that...

    The Pacers drop to 7-2 when Hibbert scores 20 or more points.
    Why have we gone away from inside out, when it was so effective for us in the the first half of the season?? I think at this point, you have to lay blame on Vogel because he has let this stagnant offense continue on for so long... How does he get control back??

  18. #87
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,186
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    All the Cope people can't say that Vogel didn't give him a chance tonight. Sadly he shot like crap, and was schooled by Melo. Still don't get why Rasual doesn't get more of a chance with pure shooting...he's been the best, most consistent 3 point shooter on the team.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  19. #88
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Not a Cope fan at all, but to be honest, he did OK on Melo...

  20. #89

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious as to how much "old-school" basketball you have watched to think somebody so inefficient like McGrady, is a great "pure scorer". If you think Paul George putting up 24 points on 4-14 shooting makes him a great pure scorer, then yea, I guess you must have thought McGrady was a God.

    FTR Kobe also stated that Reggie was the toughest player for him to guard.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKCxkJTFrU
    McGrady peaked pretty close to a God. But yep, he started settling for midrange jumpers later.

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At what point did I say Paul George was a great pure scorer? To me a pure scorer is someone that can score inside, and outside from all areas of the floor. I don't really care about "old school basketball" or shooting percentages. Guys that play on bad teams or with limited scorers are going to have lower percentages. Yes, Iverson was a chucker, but at the end of the day, who was going to take all of the shots? Eric Snow? Aaron McKie? Matt Harpring? Derrick Coleman? Dikembe Mutombo? Matt Geiger? Not exactly an inspiring offensive bunch either. Ditto for McGrady for a lot of his career.
    Besides, it's the iso era, different mentality. Different team building mentality too. A good modern GM would never build teams the way Iverson 76ers/Nuggets were built. No shooters, horrible spacing, just nonsensical teams by modern standards.

  21. #90

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    This team isnt getting past the 2nd round. This isnt a slump, this is who they are. You dont slump for two months. Its masked by the fact that we play in the east and beat the Sixers and Boston every now and then.

    Our offense is absolutely dreadful. It looks painful for this team to make a basket, nothing seems easy, they look like they are going through hell to score 2 points.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Powww For This Useful Post:


  23. #91
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,983

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the Cope people can't say that Vogel didn't give him a chance tonight. Sadly he shot like crap, and was schooled by Melo. Still don't get why Rasual doesn't get more of a chance with pure shooting...he's been the best, most consistent 3 point shooter on the team.
    He did gave Cope a chance today. He did the same with Lavoy as well. Foul trouble forced his hand in this case but he has to get credit for doing it. I was happy to see both of them taking the court.

    I disagree with your statements on Cope's performance, though. 1/3 is not really shooting like crap. 1/3 is just not good enough. 4/17 is shooting like crap. It's too bad that Cope missed his two corner 3s but other than that he performed quite well, in my opinion. His defense on Melo wasn't bad either. Yes, Melo was able to score on him but Cope always put a hand on his face. Did Melo hit his shots? Yes, he did. But the same happened when PG, Lance or Turner were on him. Melo shot very well in general tonight.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  25. #92

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McGrady peaked pretty close to a God. But yep, he started settling for midrange jumpers later.



    Besides, it's the iso era, different mentality. Different team building mentality too. A good modern GM would never build teams the way Iverson 76ers/Nuggets were built. No shooters, horrible spacing, just nonsensical teams by modern standards.
    And if you read my post, 24yr old McGrady and older was as inefficient of a "scorer" as this league has ever seen. That 33ppg McGrady on 46% shooting came when he was a 23yr old. After that MVP caliber season, he settled and continually got lazier and lazier as a player. George must not follow the same career path as McGrady and instead strive to continually enhance his game and understand his weaknesses. If you aren't a good finisher, don't drive to the basket throwing up garbage. If you can't shoot from distance effectively, then don't take 9 or 10 3s in a game.

  26. #93
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19




    Read this. Many good quotes (Candace is awesome).
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  28. #94

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Hibbert was letting Lance have it in his post-game quotes.

  29. #95
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Also many more quotes in her twitter timeline -> HERE
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  31. #96
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert: "We've fallen in love with the jump shot" #Pacers go solo and lose 92-86 to the Knicks http://t.co/TRlqZP5Tys via @indystar
    — Candace Buckner (@CandaceDBuckner) March 20, 2014


    Read this. Many good quotes (Candace is awesome).
    THIS is a direct scolding of our wings... esp PG and Lance...

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  33. #97
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    I don't know why Paul gets a pass but not Lance. Paul is worse about it then Lance is.
    @qandrews9428

  34. #98

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know why Paul gets a pass but not Lance. Paul is worse about it then Lance is.
    And Lance is actually far more efficient.

  35. #99

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Me neither, but for whatever reason, Lance just doesn't get his teammates' respect (eg Danny claiming Lance didn't pass it to him). And that's on Lance.

  36. #100
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    THIS is a direct scolding of our wings... esp PG and Lance...
    He did say PG has earned the green light... but also pointed out the team settling to much for jumpers. In other words PG has earned the right to look to score, but needs to get better quality shots.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •