Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What the hell?
    A brick by itself is not all that heavy, but when there is a palate of them...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Because PG has to get his shots up.
    I will admit Roy was balling during that point in the Game, but that was against there backup center They feed him in the
    4th quarter but Chandler was on him he could not get the same position or back him down as easily..

Schedule loss.

**** it, every other half-baked excuse was used, so I had to throw another one out there.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    They feed him in the 4th quarter but Chandler was on him he could not get the same position or back him down as easily..
    No, they didn't feed him in the 4th. Roy has proven that he can score against Chandler (and he did that in the first half as well) but the team just went away from him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will admit Roy was balling during that point in the Game, but that was against there backup center They feed him in the
    4th quarter but Chandler was on him he could not get the same position or back him down as easily..
    Can we get this statement on record somewhere?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its like you don't even recognize the quality of opponent? If you get waxed 4 straight games by playoff bound teams, and follow up with 4 straight wins against bottom feeders, it doesn't make you average, it only makes you better than the bottom feeders.
    This isn't new insight, if that's your question, and you should know this. We've been posting here forever.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He was also one of the best pure scorers in the game. He played on a team that featured a young Mike Miller, Darrel Armstrong, Matt Harpring, Andrew Declercq, and Pat Garrity off the top of my head. He was a chucker because there was never much offensive talent on any of his teams, and he had to be by default.

http://grantland.com/features/the-un...te-tale-t-mac/
    A pre-24yr old McGrady certainly was a great player. But it's simply not accurate to call someone who shot 42% from the field (24yo+) one of the "best pure scorers".

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    I will say this... I am without question in the camp that this team is a championship level team... I believe that we are the best team in the league... But our play the past few months has been putrid... On offense mostly, but on defense to some extent as well... This team does not resemble the team that was "grown", like the team that has swagger, thats "blue collar"... This team looks like GG from last year, frustratingly beneath ourselves...
    Sometimes I look at the trend defensively and I think the officials have changed the way they officiate us. Especially when you look at the recent screw jobs we have received. Causing us to get into foul trouble real earlier. Its like they don't respect the Verticality anymore, and PG picks up 1-2 offensive fouls every game. Also the wings are gambling for too many steals, and they sagg off 3pt shooters trying to knock the ball lose in the paint. Since the all-star break our defense has been putrid.

I'm even entertaining that Adam Silver is behind all these recent terrible officiating against us. It all started to go south right when he took over for good.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think our defense looked closer to our normal defense, and last couple games it has been gradually getting better.

Our offense in the 3rd looked like the Smashmouth style we all love. They started with 4pts each for West and Hibbert, and Hibbert stayed hot. Simply we were playing inside and out with our bigs, and our wings were driving. Then the 4th started and we stopped doing that except for an occasional Lance drive.

Point being, there were bright spots... but they need to start being more consistent with them. So, I don't think things are as dire as some of you... we just need to wake up and make those bright spots/stretches our overall style again.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    A pre-24yr old McGrady certainly was a great player. But it's simply not accurate to call someone who shot 42% from the field (24yo+) one of the "best pure scorers".
    Kobe Bryant said Tracy McGrady was the toughest player he ever guarded:
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...dy/2013/08/15/

He was one of the best pure scorers in his prime, I have no doubts about that whatsoever.

Mood

Like to see a win Friday Nite.

Mood

Um, Roy didn't miss a step when Chandler came in... he scored a couple times and drew a foul on him.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Jeez guys calm down it wasn't THAT bad of a game.

13 TOs is not that bad.
    The D was pretty damn good all game (39%)
    Literally most of the difference in this game was a few more fouls on our part.

Calm down, the sun will rise tomorrow.
    Literally made me feel better thank you. As a diehard fan in these parts of the globe, my mood for the day is always predetermined by outcome of Pacers games which are televised in the morning. I'm having a rough patch myself with work and business so was leaning on this game's potential Pacers-win as buffer for my already foul mood the whole week. Anyways, we had similar scenario last season before playoffs started and we kicked it to higher gear come playoffs time. I don't believe for 1 second that HCA is the end-all, be-all of series outcomes. I believe that the team's willingness to win is the more influential factor. Although at some points of games, I don't see that however I still believe they are mature enough to sort this kinks out. The positive I take with these losses is that, our players (yes, everyone esp the starting lineup) can be reeled back to earth from cloud 9 and take things in an underdog's perspective. THat way they get hungry and not bored come playoffs. least, that's how I feel and think about all these.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to piggyKing For This Useful Post:

Sometimes I look at the trend defensively and I think the officials have changed the way they officiate us. Especially when you look at the recent screw jobs we have received. Causing us to get into foul trouble real earlier. Its like they don't respect the Verticality anymore, and PG picks up 1-2 offensive fouls every game. Also the wings are gambling for too many steals, and they sagg off 3pt shooters trying to knock the ball lose in the paint. Since the all-star break our defense has been putrid.

I'm even entertaining that Adam Silver is behind all these recent terrible officiating against us. It all started to go south right when he took over for good.
    Thats a branch I cannot nor would not step out onto with you my friend...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    No, they didn't feed him in the 4th. Roy has proven that he can score against Chandler (and he did that in the first half as well) but the team just went away from him.
    This. They completely went away from both Roy and West in the 4th.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Kobe Bryant said Tracy McGrady was the toughest player he ever guarded:
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...dy/2013/08/15/

He was one of the best pure scorers in his prime, I have no doubts about that whatsoever.
    Curious as to how much "old-school" basketball you have watched to think somebody so inefficient like McGrady, is a great "pure scorer". If you think Paul George putting up 24 points on 4-14 shooting makes him a great pure scorer, then yea, I guess you must have thought McGrady was a God.

FTR Kobe also stated that Reggie was the toughest player for him to guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKCxkJTFrU

Quote Originally Posted by piggyKing View Post
    Literally made me feel better thank you. As a diehard fan in these parts of the globe, my mood for the day is always predetermined by outcome of Pacers games which are televised in the morning. I'm having a rough patch myself with work and business so was leaning on this game's potential Pacers-win as buffer for my already foul mood the whole week. Anyways, we had similar scenario last season before playoffs started and we kicked it to higher gear come playoffs time. I don't believe for 1 second that HCA is the end-all, be-all of series outcomes. I believe that the team's willingness to win is the more influential factor. Although at some points of games, I don't see that however I still believe they are mature enough to sort this kinks out. The positive I take with these losses is that, our players (yes, everyone esp the starting lineup) can be reeled back to earth from cloud 9 and take things in an underdog's perspective. THat way they get hungry and not bored come playoffs. least, that's how I feel and think about all these.
    That might be the only silver lining in losing the #1 seed to Miami here in the next few weeks. This team might actually get that underdog spirit back as the entire media landscape will proclaim them done and a long shot to even get back the ECF to face Miami.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Curious as to how much "old-school" basketball you have watched to think somebody so inefficient like McGrady, is a great "pure scorer". If you think Paul George putting up 24 points on 4-14 shooting makes him a great pure scorer, then yea, I guess you must have thought McGrady was a God.

FTR Kobe also stated that Reggie was the toughest player for him to guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mKCxkJTFrU
    At what point did I say Paul George was a great pure scorer? To me a pure scorer is someone that can score inside, and outside from all areas of the floor. I don't really care about "old school basketball" or shooting percentages. Guys that play on bad teams or with limited scorers are going to have lower percentages. Yes, Iverson was a chucker, but at the end of the day, who was going to take all of the shots? Eric Snow? Aaron McKie? Matt Harpring? Derrick Coleman? Dikembe Mutombo? Matt Geiger? Not exactly an inspiring offensive bunch either. Ditto for McGrady for a lot of his career.

During McGrady's best season—the 2002-03 season when he somehow finished fourth in the MVP voting—he averaged 32.1 points (NBA-high), 6.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.4 steals and 0.6 blocks per game while shooting 45.7 percent from the field with a league-best 30.3 PER. He was just completely dominant.

Mood

Just me, or does this sound like Roy calling out our wings for completely ignoring him and David in the 4th and just chucking up poor perimeter shots?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    At this point in time, we've all but wrapped up the #1 seed in the east, and assuming SA does their usual playoff exit, who is the only team currently with a better record than us, we'll likely have HCA against whatever West team gets there, also. Need I remind folks that Miami and OKC are losing games like crazy lately.
    Whoa... you're confident about a 1 loss lead with over 15 games remaining and the two time champions on our heels?

If you consider that "wrapped up", there are a lot of things I'd like to sell you. I GUARANTEE you will make tons of money on these items. This rusty nail for instance... it can only go up in value.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

^^I wouldnt read to much into it to be honest...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Whoa... you're confident about a 1 loss lead with over 15 games remaining and the two time champions on our heels?
    It's a 2 loss lead. Miami lost tonight at Boston since LeBron was out with back spasms.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

How can Vogel see how effective it was to play from the inside out during the first half of the season and how ineffective it is to turn our offense into the Lance and Paul show and not choose to go back to what made us the best team in the NBA? How can he see how effective it was to feed the ball to Roy in the post then choose to not do that in the 4th quarter? I'm at a loss with Vogel's coaching.

2 good things to come out of this tonight.
    #1 Seeing Hibbert tell Vogel to keep feeding him the ball. I don't care what it takes, if he needs to get in the face of Lance, GH and Vogel, or if he needs to whine to the media about not getting his touches, I want Roy to do whatever it takes to get his hands on the ball.
    #2 We're still 3 games up on Miami after tonight.

Just what Phil Jackass needs... more fuel for his ego... smh
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    ^^I wouldnt read to much into it to be honest...
    If not that, at the very least I would think it is about the lack of ball movement and not trusting teammates on offense in general.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post: