Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

Youth is a real problem with the team. Only time and going through the tough times will fix that.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

At this point in time, we've all but wrapped up the #1 seed in the east, and assuming SA does their usual playoff exit, who is the only team currently with a better record than us, we'll likely have HCA against whatever West team gets there, also. Need I remind folks that Miami and OKC are losing games like crazy lately.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

We've been playing better and you haven't. Not exactly a fluke but no long-term repercussions. I found out why Felton's shooting has been so bad this year - he's been looking at the basket. More blind shots is the answer.

I blame Woodson for the mess we're in. Not that we'd be good anyway (Chandler's half of what he used to be) but we wouldn't be in this mess. Horrible defensive rotations, stagnant offense, giving his pet players like JR a free pass and, maybe worst of all, not figuring out until 8 games ago that Amare's our only effective offensive player besides Melo. Bleh. Surely even a strong finish to the season can't save him.

Get the 1 seed and a title folks.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DisplacedKnick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, seriously? You know come playoff time you're going to look back on this and realize getting worked up over a loss to the Knicks who had just acquired Phil Jackson was a waste of time. Tellin me to "stop", lol... gotta be kiddin me.
    Dude you minimize every loss with some random list of situational reasons as to why the Pacers got shellacked. You refuse to acknowledge the very real downward spiral of this team. They can't compete with quality teams, the sample size is ample at this point. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs if we continue to play like this. There isn't a light switch for this team, and if there was. The bulb is flickering.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At this point in time, we've all but wrapped up the #1 seed in the east, and assuming SA does their usual playoff exit, who is the only team currently with a better record than us, we'll likely have HCA against whatever West team gets there, also. Need I remind folks that Miami and OKC are losing games like crazy lately.
    Some people like to see past that.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

We have been mediocre for over a month.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Dude you minimize every loss with some random list of situational reasons as to why the Pacers got shellacked. You refuse to acknowledge the very real downward spiral of this team. They can't compete with quality teams, the sample size is ample at this point. We aren't going anywhere in the playoffs if we continue to play like this. There isn't a light switch for this team, and if there was. The bulb is flickering.
    And you over exaggerate every loss as if we have just went down 0-3 in the finals.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

11. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I feel like the lemming standing on the edge of the cliff trying in vain to convince the rest to stop jumping off. You're gonna regret it.
    Just let them fall. Don't even bother.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Maybe this explains your position... But we have 2 games left against MIA, and if we lose both of those games, which is a possibility regardless of how we are playing, then there is a 1.5 game diff in the standing... Not nearly a big enough gap to say that we have all but wrapped up the #1 in the east... We should have by now, but we havent... Lets be real...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    We've been playing better and you haven't. Not exactly a fluke but no long-term repercussions. I found out why Felton's shooting has been so bad this year - he's been looking at the basket. More blind shots is the answer.

I blame Woodson for the mess we're in. Not that we'd be good anyway (Chandler's half of what he used to be) but we wouldn't be in this mess. Horrible defensive rotations, stagnant offense, giving his pet players like JR a free pass and, maybe worst of all, not figuring out until 8 games ago that Amare's our only effective offensive player besides Melo. Bleh. Surely even a strong finish to the season can't save him.

Get the 1 seed and a title folks.
    Thank you for your input and your wishes, my friend
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy had the hot hand in the 3rd and scored 14 points and the game got close. In the forth they ran zero plays for Roy (scored once on a broken PG - ball got knocked out of his hands and into Roy's) and started chucking threes up. Heck I don't remember any plays for West either. Why why why is it when we find something that works we go away from it?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Alright, **** it. I've been rolling along on the "I don't care, we are winning games, winning is winning, etc." train for awhile now, but come on. This team...they can't score. They don't have offensive chemistry. Bad shots and stupid turnovers run rampant. This current team has more talent than the ECF team of a year ago, but they aren't the same team. The chip on their shoulder went from an "us against the world" chip to a "I gotta get my numbers" chip. I'm concerned.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

This team may pick it up come playoff time, but all season long we heard, "We have to get that #1 seed. We don't want to play Game 7 in Miami." Right now, that goal may not be reached. This team has a golden opportunity right now with Miami struggling, but we just aren't playing inspired basketball right now.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Paul George is at a very fragile point in his career. Somebody needs to help him figure out the kind of player he should become before he continues on this path and it's too late. Similar thing happened to Tracy McGrady around the same stage of his career, which McGrady never recovered from.

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Roy had the hot hand in the 3rd and scored 14 points and the game got close. In the forth they ran zero plays for Roy (scored once on a broken PG - ball got knocked out of his hands and into Roy's) and started chucking threes up. Heck I don't remember any plays for West either. Why why why is it when we find something that works we go away from it?
    Because PG has to get his shots up.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    Maybe this explains your position... But we have 2 games left against MIA, and if we lose both of those games, which is a possibility regardless of how we are playing, then there is a 1.5 game diff in the standing... Not nearly a big enough gap to say that we have all but wrapped up the #1 in the east... We should have by now, but we havent... Lets be real...
    What explains my position is the knowledge that this team is damn good, and just because they haven't been playing to 100% capabilities recently doesn't mean they won't come playoff time. I just am not concerned when we lose every 5th game. I don't freak out when we don't win by 10 points.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Paul George is at a very fragile point in his career. Somebody needs to help him figure out the kind of player he should become before he continues on this path and it's too late. Similar thing happened to Tracy McGrady around the same stage of his career, which McGrady never recovered from.
    I'd be happy if Paul George was playing like Tracy McGrady. Right now, he's playing like Trevor Ariza.

I think Tracy McGrady's issues had to do with these devices on his legs called the knees. The injuries he had to them clearly prohibited him from being effective late in his career from my perspective. Paul's knees look good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I'd be happy if Paul George was playing like Tracy McGrady. Right now, he's playing like Trevor Ariza.
    Closer to RuPaul. Spitting truth: Dude's been a ****ing diva all season with his whining at the refs and sense of entitlement.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

What explains my position is the knowledge that this team is damn good, and just because they haven't been playing to 100% capabilities recently doesn't mean they won't come playoff time. I just am not concerned when we lose every 5th game. I don't freak out when we don't win by 10 points.
    I agreed with you, up until tonight... I havent freaked out, until tonight... This team is not playing to 75 % of their potential, which is still rather good, but not good enough... What concerns me it all the talk about the #1 seed, that was the focus, yet we have been playing beneath outselves for the past month and a half to two months... If we cannot get focused to achieve the goal of the #1 seed, which our super star has said is a must to win a championship, then I am less than optimistic about our ability to "flip the switch" come playoff time...

Its like you don't even recognize the quality of opponent? If you get waxed 4 straight games by playoff bound teams, and follow up with 4 straight wins against bottom feeders, it doesn't make you average, it only makes you better than the bottom feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    From 24yrs old and on, McGrady became one of the worst chuckers the league has ever seen. He was lazy, all of his offense came off of isolations, and he did nothing but jack up long range jumpers and 3s. Only Iverson matches McGrady's inefficiencies in recent memory. As a result, McGrady never led his team beyond the 1st round of the playoffs. No, that McGrady is not someone any player should strive to be.

Mood

I don't understand.

One day "records don' t matter, it is how you are playing RIGHT NOW."
    Next day "wow we got beat by the Knicks, gonna lose in the first or second round now."

Knicks have been hot as hell lately, and in popular PD opinion lately, records don't matter at all.

What the hell?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

34. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Its like you don't even recognize the quality of opponent? If you get waxed 4 straight games by playoff bound teams, and follow up with 4 straight wins against bottom feeders, it doesn't make you average, it only makes you better than the bottom feeders.
    I will say this... I am without question in the camp that this team is a championship level team... I believe that we are the best team in the league... But our play the past few months has been putrid... On offense mostly, but on defense to some extent as well... This team does not resemble the team that was "grown", like the team that has swagger, thats "blue collar"... This team looks like GG from last year, frustratingly beneath ourselves...

From 24yrs old and on, McGrady became one of the worst chuckers the league has ever seen. He was lazy, all of his offense came off of isolations, and he did nothing but jack up long range jumpers and 3s. Only Iverson matches McGrady's inefficiencies in recent memory. As a result, McGrady never led his team beyond the 1st round of the playoffs. No, that McGrady is not someone any player should strive to be.
    He was also one of the best pure scorers in the game. He played on a team that featured a young Mike Miller, Darrel Armstrong, Matt Harpring, Andrew Declercq, and Pat Garrity off the top of my head. He was a chucker because there was never much offensive talent on any of his teams, and he had to be by default.

http://grantland.com/features/the-un...te-tale-t-mac/