Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 141

Thread: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

  1. #1
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,352

    Sports Logo

    Default Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Pacers lose.

    I am now leaning towards concern that this team is stuck in cruise control and arent doing the right things to win like the way they were playing at the beginning of the season.

    The Pacers will be hitting a very rough patch in the schedule for the next couple of weeks.

    I guess nothing to say that wont be negative....so...i guess just move on to the next game.

    Thoughts?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    471

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    I just wish we had the Miami "we don't care until the playoffs" excuse.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    1) Road game
    2) NY is hot (that was their 7th straight)
    3) They were riding the Phil Jackson emotional train
    4) They were hitting circus shots.

    Not a big deal, file it, move on.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  7. #4

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Road game
    2) NY is hot (that was their 7th straight)
    3) They were riding the Phil Jackson emotional train
    4) They were hitting circus shots.

    Not a big deal, file it, move on.
    Doesn't mean that our offense still has to suck :/

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  9. #5

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Road game
    2) NY is hot (that was their 7th straight)
    3) They were riding the Phil Jackson emotional train
    4) They were hitting circus shots.

    Not a big deal, file it, move on.
    Circus shots? They were shooting 39% from the field.

    No excuse... Our offense sucked again.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Jeez guys calm down it wasn't THAT bad of a game.

    13 TOs is not that bad.
    The D was pretty damn good all game (39%)
    Literally most of the difference in this game was a few more fouls on our part.

    Calm down, the sun will rise tomorrow.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Yea, hail mary bank 3 on a busted play is what I'd call a circus shot. Had a huge impact, was under 5 minutes in the 4th, was the buffer they needed... had he not hit that, we're going the other way to cut it down to 1-2 possessions.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    I hope the Knicks don't get 8th seed and face the Pacers. Melo is really annoying and tough to cover. He's probably one of the main guys where a Danny Granger defensively would matter. I still think the Pacers win 4-1, or 4-2, but Carmelo could win a game or two by himself.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  16. #9
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,198
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Isn't it amazing that when Roy touches the ball he looks good on offense? Amazing.

  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Road game
    2) NY is hot (that was their 7th straight)
    3) They were riding the Phil Jackson emotional train
    4) They were hitting circus shots.

    Not a big deal, file it, move on.
    I disagree... If you cant get up for this game, because of those reasons and the fact that we have been playing so poorly, then what can you get up for?? I have been a sunshiner, but this game really pissed me off...

  19. #11

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Fake Superstar game from Paul George. You know, I'd be more willing to tolerate his poor offensive performances if he was just consistent on the defensive end. But no. He's able to play incredible defense, and he chooses to go for steals, stand on help, get lazy on perimeter defense. He can't even stay solid there right now.

    Look, you can lay a lot of blame at the feet of David West, Lance passes, the bench etc. tonight ... and you'd be right. Plenty to go around. But one of the biggest problems with a game like this is the Fake Superstar performance at the center of it, courtesy Paul George.

    It's also more than fair to question the coaching at this point. How many games do we have to watch this team have no idea what to do on the offensive end, waste time and get off a poor shot? How many terrible end-of-quarter Paul George isos that end in a stepback prayer? How many bad out-of-bounds plays? How much of the same flaws coming back to haunt this team on defense? I get that player execution is a thing, and hey, maybe fatigue is too right now. But I look at the consistent flaws with this team, I look at the gross play designs and overall execution, I look at the ex-Pacers excelling elsewhere, and damn right I think the coaches deserve some heat, record be damned.

    I'm sure some will trumpet the overall record. OK. At this rate, they have the 1 seed for another week or two at best, even with Miami floundering.

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,293

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree... If you cant get up for this game, because of those reasons and the fact that we have been playing so poorly, then what can you get up for?? I have been a sunshiner, but this game really pissed me off...
    I felt the effort was there, they just failed to make shots. Their defensive intensity in the 2nd half, especially late in the 4th was excellent. Unfortunately, Paul George couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight.

  22. #13
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    That circus 3 pretty much sealed the game for the Knicks, but the Pacers did enough defensively to win, the offense was just really awful. I remember when the Pacers were scoring 90+ every game and cruising, now it's a struggle to get to 90 every game it seems.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  23. #14
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree... If you cant get up for this game, because of those reasons and the fact that we have been playing so poorly, then what can you get up for?? I have been a sunshiner, but this game really pissed me off...
    Been watching too long, I don't get too up or down. I know they'll get it together for the playoffs, just not concerned. Getting "up" is completely whatever for me. You don't win every game. There's absolutely no way I have any faith in NY making the playoffs and beating us in a series.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Road game
    2) NY is hot (that was their 7th straight)
    3) They were riding the Phil Jackson emotional train
    4) They were hitting circus shots.

    Not a big deal, file it, move on.
    STOP. This team hasn't beat a quality team send Feb 4th. You can't just chalk it up to random situational anecdotes every time they lose.
    This team literally hasn't clue how to play a full game of good basketball right now.

    Vogel needs to tweak this offense and get the ball out of PG's hands so he can't ISO for 80% of this shots. He needs to call specific plays to have PG come off the screen and get a shot in rhythm. I can't believe our coach is this bad. 4 solid basketball minds on the the coaching staff and they can't figure this out.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  26. #16
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,860

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Roy had a great game. Lance had a good game. PG had a bad game. That sums it up.

    We have to win our Friday game against Chicago.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  28. #17
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    STOP. This team hasn't beat a quality team send Feb 4th. You can't just chalk it up to random situational anecdotes every time they lose.
    This team literally hasn't clue how to play a full game of good basketball right now.

    Vogel needs to tweak this offense and get the ball out of PG's hands so he can't ISO for 80% of this shots. He needs to call specific plays to have PG come off the screen and get a shot in rhythm. I can't believe our coach is this bad. 4 solid basketball minds on the the coaching staff and they can't figure this out.
    Dude, seriously? You know come playoff time you're going to look back on this and realize getting worked up over a loss to the Knicks who had just acquired Phil Jackson was a waste of time. Tellin me to "stop", lol... gotta be kiddin me.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I felt the effort was there, they just failed to make shots. Their defensive intensity in the 2nd half, especially late in the 4th was excellent. Unfortunately, Paul George couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight.
    Effort was there temporarily in the 3rd... That was it... You cant win games in the NBA doing this...

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  32. #19

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    We have zero leadership on offense, NONE. I know Larry sees this and he WILL do something about it in the off season. When things aren't going well. When guys are missing jumpers, your point guard must take over and force the offense to make the defense work. PG won't do it. Lance won't do it and evidently Hill won't (or can't) do it. We cut it to one point and what happened the next two possessions? PG jacked up three's. They lost to a team that doesn't guard and shot less than 40%. That is pitiful.
    Yes, the sun will come up tomorrow and the facts remain the same. This team won't make it to the EC Finals.

  33. #20
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    STOP. This team hasn't beat a quality team send Feb 4th. You can't just chalk it up to random situational anecdotes every time they lose.
    This team literally hasn't clue how to play a full game of good basketball right now.

    Vogel needs to tweak this offense and get the ball out of PG's hands so he can't ISO for 80% of this shots. He needs to call specific plays to have PG come off the screen and get a shot in rhythm. I can't believe our coach is this bad. 4 solid basketball minds on the the coaching staff and they can't figure this out.
    2-7-14 was a win against the Blazers.
    In the stretch since then they have played 1 maybe 2 quality teams depending on your standards, you can't beat what you aren't playing.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been watching too long, I don't get too up or down. I know they'll get it together for the playoffs, just not concerned. Getting "up" is completely whatever for me. You don't win every game. There's absolutely no way I have any faith in NY making the playoffs and beating us in a series.
    NY will give us fits, and push it the limit if they make it to the playoffs and we retain the #1... We have no motivation at this point... The stagnant offense is so hard to watch without yelling to move or pass the ball... It is not the Pacers ball we were shown at the beginning of the season... There is still time to right the ship, but something needs to happen... I think that it has to start with Frank maybe doing something drastic...

  36. #22
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,293

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Effort was there temporarily in the 3rd... That was it... You cant win games in the NBA doing this...
    I have to disagree disagree. The issue tonight was our offense. If we have the defense performance we turned in tonight all the time, I'd be willing to bet we'd come out on top about 80% of the time. This was one of the worst offensive games we played all season, IMO.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,376

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    I know I'm probly the minority, I just don't believe for a second that we won't get it together come playoff time. Full faith. I feel like the lemming standing on the edge of the cliff trying in vain to convince the rest to stop jumping off. You're gonna regret it.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  40. #24
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know I'm probly the minority, I just don't believe for a second that we won't get it together come playoff time. Full faith. I feel like the lemming standing on the edge of the cliff trying in vain to convince the rest to stop jumping off. You're gonna regret it.
    I stand beside you.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  42. #25

    Default Re: Pacers / Knicks Post Game thread - 3/19

    What's the point of playing for the 1 seed, then, if the play is "turn it on in the playoffs"?

    So the exercise is to wear out West (who was spent by the MIA series last year), Scola (who could have used rest 2 months ago...oh well, I guess), run Lance into the ground with minutes...just so you can shrug your shoulders and end up with the 2 seed?

    I mean, damn, if the idea is "we'll turn it on in the postseason", then maybe don't take out everyone's legs in the regular season?

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •