Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 68 of 68

Thread: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

  1. #51

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will say this and most of you know me, I don't ever get too high or too low.

    But if we keep playing at this level right up until the playoffs start (and playing just 1 great game isn't a trend, we need to play a stretch of 5 or 6 really good games) I think we are in real trouble - maybe even in the second round.

    .
    I'm really with you with the caveat that this has gone on for months now and I've been feeling a bit iffy for months, turned into full-blown pessimistic this month. People act like it's a bad shooting night or two here or there. No. It's a trend. And trends don't reverse overnight.

  2. #52
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,239

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will say this and most of you know me, I don't ever get too high or too low.

    But if we keep playing at this level right up until the playoffs start (and playing just 1 great game isn't a trend, we need to play a stretch of 5 or 6 really good games) I think we are in real trouble - maybe even in the second round.

    .
    Although one can interpret your response as a realistic one....this is the closest that I have seen UB give a rather pessimistic outlook about the Pacers.

    So, were we treated to "Fool's Gold" early in the season? I honestly dont know....i want to believe that it is possible to return to our previous form.....but the Team is doing very little to convince me of that they are capable of doing that.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-20-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. #53
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    This team is not very good and they have showed little to indicate they are going to get good again anytime soon.

    We have not beat a +.500 team since Feb7 against Portland and we pulled that one out of our @ss.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  4. #54
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,756

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    This team is only slightly above average when the ball sticks like glue to their fingers. I'm talking mainly about Paul and Lance. But there is another problem. Our guys are not that good at moving the ball...when they try to do it. They haven't apparently had enough practice. It even sticks in West's hands and Hibbert is slow out there. Chicago has a fraction of our talent but might just beat us because they know how to move the ball. There is no "I" in team, except in Indiana apparently.

  5. #55

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    I really don't see this team beating Chicago or Toronto in the second round if we don't get out heads out of our asses. The Bulls especially can disrupt our unity or whatever BS things Lance said to excuse him and PGs selfishness

  6. #56
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although one can interpret your response as a realistic one....this is the closest that I have seen UB give a rather pessimistic outlook about the Pacers.

    So, were we treated to "Fool's Gold" early in the season? I honestly dont know....i want to believe that it is possible to return to our previous form.....but the Team is doing very little to convince me of that they are capable of doing that.

    I like the characterization of "fools gold" and I get where you are coming from, but let me spin it another way. Were we just so unbelievably good early on that our expectations were crazy to begin with and just playing merely "good" is a let down?

    I really don't have the answer, just food for thought.

  7. #57

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the characterization of "fools gold" and I get where you are coming from, but let me spin it another way. Were we just so unbelievably good early on that our expectations were crazy to begin with and just playing merely "good" is a let down?

    I really don't have the answer, just food for thought.
    We really aren't playing good. We are playing downright bad.

  8. #58
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really aren't playing good. We are playing downright bad.
    Characterize it however you wish, but we are better than the team we play more nights than not. It certainly hasn't been pretty, but "bad" teams don't win at the rate we do.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  10. #59

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Characterize it however you wish, but we are better than the team we play more nights than not. It certainly hasn't been pretty, but "bad" teams don't win at the rate we do.
    Over the last 10 games we are 5-5. 14 teams have a better record over that stretch. We are by every definition middle of the pack. And then you think about the fact that 3 of those 5 wins came against the Bucks and Sixers. Its even less impressive. Hell none of the 5 wins were against teams with winning records.

    Our last 10 games stretch all things told is probably one of the most pathetic in the league. Other than the Sixers and Bucks.

  11. #60
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,918

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lot of similarities between us this year and the Knicks last year.
    Not really. The Knicks jumped on teams due to their abnormally hot 3 point shooting. We didn't rely on 3 point shooting or anything else that comes and goes. We relied on our defense which is something reliable. Our defense will always be there when we need it. 3 point shooting comes and goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bulls are also eerily similar to us last year.
    That's a good comparison, though. The Bulls definitely have some comparisons with our last year team.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  12. #61
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,562
    Mood

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Win four straight and then lose is not a slump to me. We still do need to get back to focusing on getting the ball into our bigs and stop taking stupid shots or making the selfish play at times. We'd be fine if everyone would stop trying to be the man.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:


  14. #62
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although one can interpret your response as a realistic one....this is the closest that I have seen UB give a rather pessimistic outlook about the Pacers.

    So, were we treated to "Fool's Gold" early in the season? I honestly dont know....i want to believe that it is possible to return to our previous form.....but the Team is doing very little to convince me of that they are capable of doing that.
    I know they are capable, we've all seen it.

    The team is showing me that they don't care. It would be one thing if they were just missing shots, but its a lot more than that. The hustle is gone, the good shot selection is gone(they are settling for shots instead of creating good ones), the desire is gone. They don't look like they care. They can say "We have to play harder." after every single game in interviews, but they haven't acted on those words yet.

  15. #63

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Win four straight and then lose is not a slump to me. We still do need to get back to focusing on getting the ball into our bigs and stop taking stupid shots or making the selfish play at times. We'd be fine if everyone would stop trying to be the man.
    Who did we beat. The garbage of the garbage teams in the league

  16. #64
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,918

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who did we beat. The garbage of the garbage teams in the league
    We beat the same Celtics team that the Heat failed to beat yesterday.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #65

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We beat the same Celtics team that the Heat failed to beat yesterday.
    The Heat who are also in a major "Maybe its more than a slump" situation at the moment. The fact is we haven't beaten a team over .500 since February 7th unless I am mistaken.

    In fact I am pretty sure in the last 2 months we have only beaten two teams over .500

  18. #66
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,918

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat who are also in a major "Maybe its more than a slump" situation at the moment. The fact is we haven't beaten a team over .500 since February 7th unless I am mistaken.
    Yep, that's my point. We aren't playing well but neither does our biggest competitor at the moment.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #67

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's my point. We aren't playing well but neither does our biggest competitor at the moment.
    Atm we are playing so bad we might not even see them in the postseason

  20. #68
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,918

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: At what point does it become more than a "slump?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Atm we are playing so bad we might not even see them in the postseason
    And the Heat are playing bad enough that they might not see us either as well. Your point is?

    It's absolutely true that we're not playing well right now but how a team plays in March doesn't say anything about how the same team will play in April / May.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •