Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 279

Thread: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

  1. #176
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think this is the worst non-joky misspelling of "Cuonzo" I have ever seen
    I was going to put Cuz, but I don't think he is that popular yet. At least my method you understood better

  2. #177
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,767

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wisconsin gonna beat Zona and Bo'll finally make the Final 4, book it
    Yeah, I picked Wisconsin to get to the Final Four because if there was ever a year that they were going to finally do it, it's definitely this year.

  3. #178
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Dekker vs Gordon will be an interesting matchup in WISC-ARZ
    Smothered Chicken!

  4. #179
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,767

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Anyone going to the games this weekend? I'm not, but I'm definitely going to go walk around downtown this evening.

  5. #180
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I picked Wisconsin to get to the Final Four because if there was ever a year that they were going to finally do it, it's definitely this year.
    They made the Final Four in 2000 under Bo Ryan. Ended up losing to Michigan State.

  6. #181
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,625

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They made the Final Four in 2000 under Bo Ryan. Ended up losing to Michigan State.
    that was Dick Bennett. I remember it well, they beat a nondescript Purdue team in the Elite 8 to get there.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  8. #182
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    ^ I posted the link (edit: in the Purdue thread) on youtube to Purdue's previous game (against Gonzaga) and that team was more "descript" than I remembered it.

    Greg McQuay was a solid rebounder/defender/screener who could score when left alone. Mike Robinson was very solid as well. Neither guy made mistakes with the basketball.

    Cardinal put up numbers, brought attitude (see is slapdown of the Gonzaga player's about hands two minutes into the game).

    Nobody is going to confuse Cunningham with Gary Payton on D, but he was a true point guard.

    Cornell (even though this was when he was still supposedly hurt, right?) was a lot better than I remembered, a long, dynamic scorer who could get his points in many different ways.

    Then off the bench you had a very solid Maynard Lewis and Rodney Smith, and a decent defender in John Allison (no offensive game at this point.) Even Chad Kerkhoff, who I remembered as this joke player, did some point guard things (move the ball quickly--what a concept ! get into the offense quickly without dribbling in place for 8 seconds!) that I did not see a lot of this year from RJ and BS. Also, Kenny Lowe came off the bench.

    Thinking about it, it is sad that Keady was fired within a couple years of putting together a team like this. Goes to show no coach is ever safe.

  9. #183

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Oh My Gosh...my lovable idiots won.

    Yea..The Garden is kind of a Uconn homecourt advantage. SorryNotSorry.

  10. #184
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,816

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Kentucky's going to get blown out.

  11. #185
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,625

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    how old is Stephen Van Treese?

  12. #186

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kentucky's going to get blown out.
    It's not going to surprise me if Louisville spends the rest of the tournament blowing people out..

  13. #187

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kentucky's going to get blown out.
    They'll come back, they have too much talent. They may even have the lead at halftime at this rate.

  14. #188

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Kentucky's going to win. Louisville can't make a free throw to save their lives (6 for 15). When you shoot that poorly from the line, it gets in your head and usually doesn't improve.

  15. #189
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,816

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Wow. Total choke by Louisville.

  16. #190

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Talent wins in March.


    I wouldn't be surprised if UK won it all.

  17. #191
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Don't think Louisville is going to be blowing anyone out for the rest of this tournament...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #192
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    3 B1G teams in the elite 8.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #193
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,625

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    3 Big Ten teams in the Elite 8, so that's cool. I guess.

  20. #194
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,767

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Coach Cal's young Wildcats were so poised down the stretch. Louisville, despite having a team full of players who won the championship last year, had a complete deer in the headlights look. Cal and his Cats got into their heads. UK is just peaking at the right time.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-29-2014 at 01:08 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  22. #195

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think Louisville is going to be blowing anyone out for the rest of this tournament...

    ...Wow..I'm actually speechless at this one.

  23. #196
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,625

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    they're apparently trying to burn down houses in Lexington. I laughed when I heard it, but it'rs really not funny. I mean, a couch, OK, but c'mon.

  24. #197

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they're apparently trying to burn down houses in Lexington. I laughed when I heard it, but it'rs really not funny. I mean, a couch, OK, but c'mon.
    Kentucky basketball fans are the worst fans in any sport. And I mean any sport. High school, college, pro, Olympic, Saturday morning youth league in a third-world country, hands down the worst.


    It's all because they're about a millions times more emotionally invested in the success of their team than anyone could ever imagine, and it's due to their laughably low self-esteem. Ask any person around the country what comes to mind when you say someone is from Kentucky. It's not a pretty sight. Most would probably say acne-faced overweight alcoholics who wear plaid cutoffs, live in rundown trailers with their cousins and have more tattoos than teeth. Then consider the state of Kentucky is a wasteland when it comes to sports. No NFL team. No NBA team. No MLB or NHL teams.


    But wait! There IS something they're good at! They have a college basketball program with the most wins in the history of the game and the second-most national championships. This is their saving grace. Something they can point to and say "suck it, pal." When all else fails, at the end of the day Kentucky basketball is good and people envy them for it. "Yeah, we may be a bunch of chaw-plugging hilljacks, but we kick your butt in hoops!" they say.


    This is why they're so passionate. This is why they have thousands upon thousands of fans on internet message boards on a mundane Tuesday afternoon in July. This is why they crave success, why they tolerate cheating, why they don't care if their players go to class or graduate. It's why they go batshit crazy even by their standards when they win a big game. Kentucky basketball is really all those people have.

  25. #198
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kentucky basketball fans are the worst fans in any sport.
    Indiana fans are the worst.

  26. #199
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,767

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Say what you want about Cal, but this coaching job by him has been fantastic. He has these Wildcats peaking at the perfect time. I'd give anything for IU to have a real coach like that. There's more coaching ability in Cal's slicked back lettuce than there is in Crean's entire body.

  27. #200
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament Thread

    Having a team full of 5 stars doesn't hurt either. You could throw darts at a board and recruit a contender with that many blue chippers to pick from.

    Cal can coach, though. He isn't a mastermind but he's good enough to utilize talent.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •