Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

What you weren't happy with what we got out of Ian last night? Why on earth would you play Lavoy over him?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm tired of *this* stuff: "If we were playing CHI and MEM, we'd get killed."

There's absolutely no proof of this. Philly has played us tough; they may have lost 20 in a row, but that was not a bad team out there, they played with a lot of pride, and we're a BIG target these days. Winning sure has spoiled some of us. Basketball is a past-time; I've enjoyed watching this team through thick and thin. Winning is a bonus. It's not a guarantee, and it's absolutely nothing you can demand of this team. It's absolutely hilarious that people get on here all high and mighty as if this team is "disappointing them". Being "upset" and acting like this team isn't "meeting your standards" because we only won by 9 is just hilarious. Get a grip. Team is 50-17, for Pete's Sake, and there's this contingency of folks pissed off? Would you like to go back to 2007, and the JOB days?
    I was gonna post a really sarcastic post about how this was just settling for mediocrity and having higher standards but I couldn't actually bring myself to joke about this. I couldn't agree more with what you're saying.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    What you weren't happy with what we got out of Ian last night? Why on earth would you play Lavoy over him?
    LaVoy can shoot for starters. Do you realize he put up 13 points 2 blocks and 4 bounds in his first game getting significant minutes off the bench as a Pacer? When was the last time Ian gave us over 10 pts?

*Looks at Vogel's rotations*
    *Looks at Vogel's/Pacer's Win/Loss record*
    *Concludes Vogel doesn't understand rotations*

When 50-17 is proof your HC doesn't know what he's doing......
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

He's gonna let us down! Play Cope we need to play da shoooooooootersssssssssssss

*Complains about mole on Kate Upton's face*

Paul George is a lot of the problem. He seems to make the wrong basketball decision 90% of the time. His basketball IQ seems very low right now. Granted, he has all of the talent in the world but he doesn't know when to shoot, when to pass and who to pass to or where to be when others hold the ball. I fell like Hibbert has a lot of the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    LaVoy can shoot for starters. Do you realize he put up 13 points 2 blocks and 4 bounds in his first game getting significant minutes off the bench as a Pacer? When was the last time Ian gave us over 10 pts?
    He scored 10 last night so ...but anyway we don't play Ian for points.

And even though it's really not important, Lavoy and Ian shoot the exact same percentage from the floor this season.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 03-18-2014 at 01:05 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    You just ruined it for me. I have to throw away my SI Swimsuit magazine now. Thanks.

He scored 10 last night so ...but anyway we don't play Ian for points.

And even though it's really not important, Lavoy and Ian shoot the exact same percentage from the floor this season.
    Grimp just likes change, TJ! He doesn't care what it is, he just wants it to be different!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I've been staring at that picture for about 10 minutes now, for science obviously, and I still can't find said mole...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Wait she has a mole?
    seriously, I don't see a mole.

i may or may not have quoted this post to get the picture on this page too...

Plus Holis Thompson and Thaddeus young shot 8-12 from 3 last night. These are two guys who are shooing like a combined 33% on the season. You take away 4 of those 3s and it's not even a game late.
    You know, I want to agree. But it seems like in so many games we allow one random dude to hit a couple of bull **** threes. We just don't close out on him because they usually suck and then they hit three threes. I think its a consistent problem and its making it harder to put the game away early. Just like how teams have consistently hit threes at the end of games where we are gonna win unless a miracle happens.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You know, I want to agree. But it seems like in so many games we allow one random dude to hit a couple of bull **** threes. We just don't close out on him because they usually suck and then they hit three threes. I think its a consistent problem and its making it harder to put the game away early. Just like how teams have consistently hit threes at the end of games where we are gonna win unless a miracle happens.
    I believe that it's mere coincedence. Seriously, like half the teams we played this year had someone who normally doesn't shoot well, or often, and suddenly they're going off whether we have 3 guys guarding them at the same time or not. This is why I believe (or hope) that we'll be ok once the playoffs start. We've been #1, at least, 90% of the season, and everybody and their mama wants to be one of the ones that gives us a loss. And I've watched quite of few games of other teams, just to see them play us, and someone's unnormally playing out of their mind, and I'm left thinking like Starks..."Did dis dude jus do dat?"

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    I believe that it's mere coincedence. Seriously, like half the teams we played this year had someone who normally doesn't shoot well, or often, and suddenly they're going off whether we have 3 guys guarding them at the same time or not. This is why I believe (or hope) that we'll be ok once the playoffs start. We've been #1, at least, 90% of the season, and everybody and their mama wants to be one of the ones that gives us a loss. And I've watched quite of few games of other teams, just to see them play us, and someone's unnormally playing out of their mind, and I'm left thinking like Starks..."Did dis dude jus do dat?"
    Symptom of having the best record in the league for the majority of the season. Everyone tries extra hard against you.

if it happens that often, it is not a coincidence. Just like in the previous game vs Philly, we were leaving Mullens open from 3 and he hit a couple. All it takes is getting into a rhythm. Just like the post on 8 points 9 seconds last week about how we suck at defending the three now, that has a large reason to do with it. We just aren't closing out on guys like we should be.

Sports Logo

I just don't understand why moles are believed to be negative. I find them beautiful.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    if it happens that often, it is not a coincidence. Just like in the previous game vs Philly, we were leaving Mullens open from 3 and he hit a couple. All it takes is getting into a rhythm. Just like the post on 8 points 9 seconds last week about how we suck at defending the three now, that has a large reason to do with it. We just aren't closing out on guys like we should be.
    But I've seen games where the opponents are having so good a night, they could shoot blindfolded and hit. For instance, the Sacramento game....Nobody was gonna stop Thornton that game. He was just on fire. We could've had whomever was on the floor quit guarding their guys and surround Thornton and he'd still shoot one in our eye.

But I've seen games where the opponents are having so good a night, they could shoot blindfolded and hit. For instance, the Sacramento game....Nobody was gonna stop Thornton that game. He was just on fire. We could've had whomever was on the floor quit guarding their guys and surround Thornton and he'd still shoot one in our eye.
    That game was a bit different. Sacramento was running Thorton off screens like crazy, on every single play. They were actively trying to get him open looks as they knew they needed him too score to make up for missing Gay and Cousins. I was at that game. They were literally setting two screen for the guy to run around, and he was losing Lance and PG around them.

Mullens being open was literally him just camping the three point line. Same thing with Charlie V in Detroit the other night.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I asked this the other night...but can't find the answer. I know that LaVoy went 6-6 from the field...but was that points off of put-backs, uncontested buckets when the defense collapsed on another Player ( leaving him open ) or Janitor-like scoring?

or

Was it off of jump shots facing the basket or buckets that he was able to create on his own?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I asked this the other night...but can't find the answer. I know that LaVoy went 6-6 from the field...but was that points off of put-backs, uncontested buckets when the defense collapsed on another Player ( leaving him open ) or Janitor-like scoring?

or

Was it off of jump shots facing the basket or buckets that he was able to create on his own?

One or two from jumpers. One was a long jumper, like Scola range. The others were from backdoor cuts, Sixer defense slacking. He is under the basket, gets a pass, and puts it in. He is a smart player, cuts well. Also goes up quick when he gets the ball. No fakes or procrastinating. Also he has good hands. Better than Ian "butterfingers". Ian would give us 12 off the bench too if he'd put in half of the balls he drops underneath the basket. A big man can make a killing down there if he doesn't fumble the rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I just don't understand why moles are believed to be negative. I find them beautiful.
    I think the unwritten rule is as such: If you are a beautiful woman, it's a "beauty mark". If you are a hideous creature from the bowels of Mordor, it's a "mole".

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

He's a great coach.......one of the best in franchise history. But he's not above criticism....very few people in basketball are. He's not Red Auerbach yet. There are a few head scratching things that he does. You get a brand new player in Lavoy Allen who in his very first game with the team goes for 13 points on 6-6 and 4 rebounds. He hasn't got another minute since then, while we continue to play a guy in Scola who has looked like crap for a while. That is just stubborn rigidness. I would think that a coach would want to see what he had in a player like Allen.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I fell asleep at half-time. Woke up midway through the third and the score was barely any different... then fell asleep again.
    Pacers fan since April 9th 2004 - New Jersey 80 Indiana 90.