Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 117

Thread: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    That 2nd half was horrid, our offense makes me sad.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Playing a team that has lost 20 in a row, of course they were motivated to go into Indy and try to get a win. The next week will tell us a lot about the true direction the Pacers are headed.

  4. #3
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,291
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing a team that has lost 20 in a row, of course they were motivated to go into Indy and try to get a win. The next week will tell us a lot about the true direction the Pacers are headed.
    tired of this excuse. yeah there's a little bit to it, but our talent absolutely dwarfs Philly's. our average game should crush them unless they hit 15 threes or something.


    say whatever you want, this team is playing like crap. so much standing around, so many careless plays, so many close games against crappy teams. if they dont turn it around quick, we're getting blown out by teams like CHI and MEM on the road

  5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,497

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    tired of this excuse. yeah there's a little bit to it, but our talent absolutely dwarfs Philly's. our average game should crush them unless they hit 15 threes or something.


    say whatever you want, this team is playing like crap. so much standing around, so many careless plays, so many close games against crappy teams. if they dont turn it around quick, we're getting blown out by teams like CHI and MEM on the road
    I'm tired of *this* stuff: "If we were playing CHI and MEM, we'd get killed."

    There's absolutely no proof of this. Philly has played us tough; they may have lost 20 in a row, but that was not a bad team out there, they played with a lot of pride, and we're a BIG target these days. Winning sure has spoiled some of us. Basketball is a past-time; I've enjoyed watching this team through thick and thin. Winning is a bonus. It's not a guarantee, and it's absolutely nothing you can demand of this team. It's absolutely hilarious that people get on here all high and mighty as if this team is "disappointing them". Being "upset" and acting like this team isn't "meeting your standards" because we only won by 9 is just hilarious. Get a grip. Team is 50-17, for Pete's Sake, and there's this contingency of folks pissed off? Would you like to go back to 2007, and the JOB days?
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-18-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,363

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm tired of *this* stuff: "If we were playing CHI and MEM, we'd get killed."

    There's absolutely no proof of this. Philly has played us tough; they may have lost 20 in a row, but that was not a bad team out there, they played with a lot of pride, and we're a BIG target these days. Winning sure has spoiled some of us. Basketball is a past-time; I've enjoyed watching this team through thick and thin. Winning is a bonus. It's not a guarantee, and it's absolutely nothing you can demand of this team. It's absolutely hilarious that people get on here all high and mighty as if this team is "disappointing them". Being "upset" and acting like this team isn't "meeting your standards" because we only won by 9 is just hilarious. Get a grip. Team is 50-17, for Pete's Sake, and there's this contingency of folks pissed off? Would you like to go back to 2007, and the JOB days?
    I was gonna post a really sarcastic post about how this was just settling for mediocrity and having higher standards but I couldn't actually bring myself to joke about this. I couldn't agree more with what you're saying.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    We're on a 4 game winning streak.

    Just tossing some facts out there.

  11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  12. #7
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,291
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're on a 4 game winning streak.

    Just tossing some facts out there.

    no, what you're tossing out is a mountain of other relevant information

  13. #8
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no, what you're tossing out is a mountain of other relevant information
    The relevant information will be our final seeding when the regular season ends.

    If we end up in the #1 seed, are we really going to be sitting here saying "Well golly gee, we really should have beaten the Sixers by more points... We have no chance to make the Finals."

    Come on man. We're in the stretch run of the season. We've had highs and lows. We're finding a way to win games against bad competition. Would you rather we had lost instead? Or extended our 4 game LOSING streak?

    This next week will be a huge test, but right now I am thankful we took care of business. By 1 point or 50 points is completely irrelevant to everyone except people looking for things to complain about.

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,291
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The relevant information will be our final seeding when the regular season ends.

    If we end up in the #1 seed, are we really going to be sitting here saying "Well golly gee, we really should have beaten the Sixers by more points... We have no chance to make the Finals."

    Come on man. We're in the stretch run of the season. We've had highs and lows. We're finding a way to win games against bad competition. Would you rather we had lost instead? Or extended our 4 game LOSING streak?

    This next week will be a huge test, but right now I am thankful we took care of business. By 1 point or 50 points is completely irrelevant to everyone except people looking for things to complain about.

    I don't care about streaks or margin of victory. I care about the "eye test" and level of play. the same problems that have killed us recently against quality opponents haven't gone anywhere, we have just been facing very weak competition.

    I'm not saying we can't or won't turn it around and start playing like we're capable, I'm just saying that it sure hasn't happened yet.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care about streaks or margin of victory. I care about the "eye test" and level of play. the same problems that have killed us recently against quality opponents haven't gone anywhere, we have just been facing very weak competition.

    I'm not saying we can't or won't turn it around and start playing like we're capable, I'm just saying that it sure hasn't happened yet.
    Yep, still things we have to adjust and tighten up before the playoffs roll around. And during our stretch against tough teams coming up next.

    But, I guess I just don't understand why we can't be happy about recording a W?

    But whatever, some folks will just never be satisfied. That's ok. I have no right to tell you you're wrong.

    Me though? I'm pretty happy we won.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  19. #11

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're on a 4 game winning streak.

    Just tossing some facts out there.
    To be fair 2 of them were against the Sixers

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair 2 of them were against the Sixers
    So, our final record at the end of the season, when our playoff seeding is calculated will have an * next to it because we played some poor teams?

    I don't understand the relevance otherwise.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're on a 4 game winning streak.

    Just tossing some facts out there.
    Let's say a team was going to win 60 and lose 22. Would it be more likely that these last 4 games would be found in that group of 60 wins or that group of 22 losses? That's also a legit, fact-based statistical view of the situation. You don't get #1 seeds losing games to Philly...unless you are making them up by winning in Houston, Dallas or perhaps Memphis next Saturday. The most expected outcome of the last 4 games would be 4-0, or perhaps 3-1 might edge it out for most probable barely. But it's still dwarfs the odds that a 60 win team would lose 2,3, or 4 games. So "Yay, 4-0" doesn't carry much weight.


    I understand that you are probably coming at it from the "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" angle and in that regard I can agree. You gotta get wins regardless so in that way they got the job done.


    But we are also trying to evaluate possible future outcomes against more challenging opponents and 4-0 in that set of games is not impressive when the games were struggles against tanking teams. I did think they looked more coordinated in the Detroit game, specifically on offense, but tonight they returned to a lot of junk ball with terrible passing options and lots of iso attacks. They lived off of Lance or Paul just beating their man straight up.

    Look at all the awkward passes to Luis or Ian or West (or from West) that had them trying to catch the ball in terrible position to make a play. Look at how often they continued to attack double teams head on rather than rotating the ball.

    Heck, that last jump ball with Hill when he got tied up at HC, he had Turner alone in the corner well before he was pinned down and he chose to hold onto the ball till he got stuffed...and then lost the tip as well.

    Sure there were moments of quality, a blip or two of decent 2 man plays that would free a guy for an open jumper. But for the most part they were severely jammed up on offense and looked almost summer league confused. I'm honestly stumped as to the "why" and I sure thought maybe they sorted it out against Detroit when clearly they hadn't.




    The game itself just sucked. MCWilliams took a ton of bad shots, Young hit a ton of bad shots, and the Pacers offense was even more putrid. It almost looked like 2 teams both on the take trying to outdo each other to avoid accidentally winning. How else do you explain TWO OOB fouls at the end of a game like this? At that point Philly still had a shot to win if they didn't hand over 2 free points for no good reason. They refused to let Indy lose.



    I think guys are trying hard, I just think that effort is not very well synched up. I like the team still, and some bad play is never going to have me dump on guys like Roy or West or PG. These are our boys, they aren't bringing shame to the city here, they just aren't playing the sport very well as a team right now. It's painful to watch but I'm not angry at them.

  24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that you are probably coming at it from the "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" angle and in that regard I can agree. You gotta get wins regardless so in that way they got the job done.
    That's really what I've been trying to say.

    I don't at all disagree that the team is struggling in many regards.

    But despite that we've won 4 games in a row and 'righted the ship' so to speak after a BAD four game skid.

    I'm not saying that everything is magically better and we're unstoppable or anything. But I do think that we need to look at the big picture here and say to ourselves, "Good thing we managed to find a way to get these W's, even though they were ugly and we weren't playing our best ball, because they are going to be vital in the playoff seeding."

    But instead, many people just like to complain about the WAY we won.

    It's almost as if the Pacers playing poorly and yet still finding a way in "Winning Time(TM)" to gut out a victory is an affront to their sensibilities, or somehow offensive to them.

    That's what I just don't understand. And quite frankly, it just puts a damper on the board, in my humble opinion.

    I have no problem with folks talking about areas of needed improvement.

    But the constant "So and so is GARBAGE. Why didn't we dump them!?" - "We're not a contender if we don't beat so and so by 40 points" - "When will our guys start CARING again, they are lazy, good for nothing bums."

    I can only speak for myself personally here, but good grief do those posts get old.

    We won! It counts as a +1 in the "W" column.

    When we get to the playoffs, we will have plenty of time to scrutinize each and every game with a microscope. The team will either put forth winning efforts and achieve their goals, or they won't and we'll sit here and have lively discussions as to why we think it happened.

    But right now, we just need to solidify our seeding. So let's be happy when we get closer to achieving that, yea?

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're on a 4 game winning streak.

    Just tossing some facts out there.
    i sure hope you can toss the same facts after we play good teams instead of sixers. win all you want against celtics, sixers and pistons. it just doesn't change the fact that we are not playing well. it worries me and the other so called "pessimists" on this board. if we play like the way we are playing for the next 6 games, we will be arguing other things.

  28. #16
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i sure hope you can toss the same facts after we play good teams instead of sixers. win all you want against celtics, sixers and pistons. it just doesn't change the fact that we are not playing well. it worries me and the other so called "pessimists" on this board. if we play like the way we are playing for the next 6 games, we will be arguing other things.
    Yes, our next stretch of games might go differently if we keep playing at this level.

    BUT, even if we aren't playing 'great' - but we manage to find a way to win those games... Are we still going to throw the team under the bus?

    That's what I just don't get.

    We haven't been playing great. We haven't been facing good competition. I understand that. But we've won 4 games in a row. We're maintaining and expanding our slim lead on the #1 seed.

    *IF* our play slacks and we lose to higher quality competition, I'll be the first one to be frustrated and wish we would fix some things.

    But we're not there yet. The games have yet to be played and already everyone is predicting doom for the upcoming stretch.

    Just wish the team would get the benefit of the doubt around here more. I think they've earned it.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  30. #17
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,748

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, our next stretch of games might go differently if we keep playing at this level.

    BUT, even if we aren't playing 'great' - but we manage to find a way to win those games... Are we still going to throw the team under the bus?

    That's what I just don't get.

    We haven't been playing great. We haven't been facing good competition. I understand that. But we've won 4 games in a row. We're maintaining and expanding our slim lead on the #1 seed.

    *IF* our play slacks and we lose to higher quality competition, I'll be the first one to be frustrated and wish we would fix some things.

    But we're not there yet. The games have yet to be played and already everyone is predicting doom for the upcoming stretch.

    Just wish the team would get the benefit of the doubt around here more. I think they've earned it.
    well first of all imo if we play like this we won't find a way to win those games. but even if we do, it will only ease my worries not completely make them go away. because i'm more worried about the way we play than wins/losses. this slump has been going on for a long time and i'm getting more and more worried everday that we won't be able to turn it around when playoffs come. we are not looking at what east used to be earlier in the season. there are teams that will push us at the playoffs. a trip to the conference finals won't be a walk in the park as it used to look like earlier.

  31. #18
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    A good win, Philly was motivated and playing with out consequence. But I kept seeing PG and Lance make questionable decisions on offense. They just don't share the ball and move it around the court.

    Though I think Roy's nonexistent offense contributes to this, as teams really don't even half to account for him anymore. He can barely finish around the rim anymore. Not surprised at this point he was horrible last year as well. Pacers need to approach the playoffs with the idea that Roy is not going to be able to give them much. So they need to set up some back door screens to get the wings rolling to the basket. CAuse its pretty clear...Hibbert is useless down there.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-17-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Good win by the Pacers!

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  35. #20

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    we win, to continue our 4 game winning streak, and people complain because we didn't win big enough smh

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  37. #21
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Roy got blocked by a point guard.... Lol.. Smh

  38. #22
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy got blocked by a point guard.... Lol.. Smh
    and Yao Ming was blocked by Nate Robinson. As was Shaq. Guess what? Every center gets blocked by guards.

  39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  40. #23

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    PG went no homo w/ that dunk!! Hardy har....
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to WInslow22 For This Useful Post:


  42. #24
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,857

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Quote Originally Posted by WInslow22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG went no homo w/ that dunk!! Hardy har....

  43. #25
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,349

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Sixers Post Game Thread Even the Crowd Was Asleep

    Anyone remotely concerned or upset by the Pacers performance needs to stop taking little things so seriously and over analyzing. Trust me, it'll be better for you in the long run.

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •