Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Irsay in jail for suspected drunken driving

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Irsay in jail for suspected drunken driving

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the best part is that he was driving a Toyota
    Nope, its when he was saying the abcs and the said i-n-g after z...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    $14,000 in a metal briefcase? Geez, was that going to Tony Soprano or something?
    Heard the rest was in a laundry bag.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Not just a Toyota, but a highlander. That's like one step up from a corolla.

I own a Corolla and it runs great

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I have a Camry
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I own a Corolla and it runs great
    That's nice. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but unfortunately, I earned the right to trash 'em, because I *owned* a Corolla for seven years out of college. Reliable, economic, got me from point A to point B, and that's about all I can say about it, lol. I couldn't sign the trade-in papers fast enough at the end.

I've been stuck with rental Highlanders a few times --- they feel cheap as hell. It's about the last vehicle you'd expect a guy worth 1.5bill to be puttin around town in.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-27-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I have a Camry

Same, I'm on my second one. The 1995 that I got rid of in 2009 was just getting started.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

That's nice. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but unfortunately, I earned the right to trash 'em, because I *owned* a Corolla for seven years out of college. Reliable, economic, got me from point A to point B, and that's about all I can say about it, lol. I couldn't sign the trade-in papers fast enough at the end.

I've been stuck with rental Highlanders a few times --- they feel cheap as hell. It's about the last vehicle you'd expect a guy worth 1.5bill to be puttin around town in.
    Well you don't want to ding the Rolls Royce up when you're driving impaired around Carmel, Indiana. I don't know what was going through his mind, but it's not a leap to think that he chose one of his "average" cars for that ride so that he wouldn't draw attention to himself.

Besides, just because you're worth 1.5 billion doesn't mean that your entire life has to be lived in excess. It doesn't take too much to satisfy some people, regardless of how rich they are. Warren Buffet was driving a 2001 Lincoln Continental until he auctioned it for charity a couple of years ago. The fact that he is worth 40 something billion bones didn't change the fact that all he wanted was something basic to take him from point A to point B. For Irsay, a Toyota Highlander is a perfectly reliable car and some people just don't care very much about that sort of thing, regardless of their net worth. Besides, I'm sure he has nice vehicles in the garage. He just didn't want to take them out for that ride.

To quote mega billionaire Sam Walton when someone asked him why he rode around in a pickup truck: "What am I supposed to haul my dogs around in, a Rolls Royce?"
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-27-2014 at 10:50 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Maybe he was going to go buy another Highlander.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Well you don't want to ding the Rolls Royce up when you're driving impaired around Carmel, Indiana. I don't know what was going through his mind, but it's not a leap to think that he chose one of his "average" cars for that ride so that he wouldn't draw attention to himself.

Besides, just because you're worth 1.5 billion doesn't mean that your entire life has to be lived in excess. It doesn't take too much to satisfy some people, regardless of how rich they are. Warren Buffet was driving a 2001 Lincoln Continental until he auctioned it for charity a couple of years ago. The fact that he is worth 40 something billion bones didn't change the fact that all he wanted was something basic to take him from point A to point B. For Irsay, a Toyota Highlander is a perfectly reliable car and some people just don't care very much about that sort of thing, regardless of their net worth. Besides, I'm sure he has nice vehicles in the garage. He just didn't want to take them out for that ride.

To quote mega billionaire Sam Walton when someone asked him why he rode around in a pickup truck: "What am I supposed to haul my dogs around in, a Rolls Royce?"
    Buffet also still lives in the same house he bought in like 1960. Granted, it's a nice house, but it's not any kind of mansion or anything. I bet all the non-rookie deal Pacers have nicer houses.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I have a Camry
    That's what I originally wanted(my dad has one) but the Corolla was a steal when I got it I couldn't walk away from it(although I wish I didn't have to go to Kokomo to buy it but Toyotas are a bargain there).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're giving this way too much thought, lol.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

You're giving this way too much thought, lol.

All I'm saying is that being a billionaire doesn't mean that you want to tote around in a Maserati all the time.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yeah, but there has to be an option somewhere between a Toyota Highlander and a Maserati.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Yeah, but there has to be an option somewhere between a Toyota Highlander and a Maserati.
    Sure, if that's what you want.

There could be valid reasons why Irsay would be driving a Highlander and why he'd have 29,000.00 in cash in it...

...Because he can...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sure, but it's still funny that you could go out and drive anything you want and you'd pick a Toyota Highlander. It's like going out to get a motorcycle and coming back with a vespa.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Sure, but it's still funny that you could go out and drive anything you want and you'd pick a Toyota Highlander. It's like going out to get a motorcycle and coming back with a vespa.
    Well I bet that Irsay has multiple "anything you want" type of cars sitting in his garage. But you don't want to put a dent in the Beamer when you're driving around impaired. I bet that most rich people have an "average" car sitting in their garage that they put wear and tear on so that they can keep their nice ones in premium condition.

Whether you're a billionaire or an average Joe Schmo, if all you want is a basic SUV then a Highlander is going to suit you. Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Highlander was given to Irsay by Toyota. Toyota is a major Colts sponsor and it could have been given to him as a "thank you" for the deal.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-28-2014 at 04:05 PM.

There could be valid reasons why Irsay would be driving a Highlander and why he'd have 29,000.00 in cash in it...

...Because he can...
    Or because he's up to absolutely no good. Trying to be discreet about whatever.

Could be ........

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He can do a lot better than a Highlander for his everyday car, hell even a 4-runner or tundra is nicer than that in the same general price ballpark.

He should get a 70's AMC Pacer and show some love to the basketball team!

------

-John Wooden

BTW... You guys are acting like he has a Yugo with a doughnut on the left rear as his only vehicle. The Highlander is not a clown car. Hell, he probably saw it. liked it, and bought it with the money under the backseat of whatever he was driving around one day when he happened to pass the lot. It's a Toyota so it should be reliable generally... so the rest is just up to general taste. It's not like he needed to worry about it as a long term investment, sole ride, and getting the most bang for his buck. He probably liked it and bought it. Or maybe Toyota or a dealer gave it to him. I'm not going to fault the man for having a practical vehicle just because he could afford something else.

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's a highlander.

Well I bet that Irsay has multiple "anything you want" type of cars sitting in his garage. But you don't want to put a dent in the Beamer when you're driving around impaired. I bet that most rich people have an "average" car sitting in their garage that they put wear and tear on so that they can keep their nice ones in premium condition.
    Exactly. Every drunk with the means and a few brain cells left has a beater to drive when impaired. Can't be putting whiskey dents in the primary ride.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Exactly. Every drunk with the means and a few brain cells left has a beater to drive when impaired. Can't be putting whiskey dents in the primary ride.
    Oh okay. Every responsible drunk drives their clunker when they figure they're gonna drive impaired. See how ridiculous that sounds? Even if true, it's absolutely stupid on so many levels.

And I don't care what anyone says, a guy worth 1.5Bill can "clunk" around in something nicer than a friggin Highlander.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-29-2014 at 06:45 PM.