Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Irsay in jail for suspected drunken driving

Default Re: Irsay in jail for suspected drunken driving

Fox 59 story said his BAC was .01, that's probably below what you'd blow after swishing around some mouthwash

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're going to be hearing a lot more stories about this I bet

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-organization/
    Some of those twitter rants he had during the season made me think he was high as a kite during that time. My guess he has been off the wagon for some time now and this is him just hitting rock bottom again.

I still do not get how he just does not have a full time driver/bodyguard that could have taken care of his boss and cleaned this up a bit.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, some people with connections to the Colts franchise had grown concerned about the owner’s behavior.

“There are people around the Colts organization who have been suspicious about some of his behavior,” Schefter said Monday morning on SportsCenter.

Wonder if Bill Polian strikes again?

Maybe but at this point how can anyone say he's wrong here? I mean the proof is in the pudding. He's probably seen a lot worse than this for all we know.

Even if there wasn't suspicion amongst those who work for the Colts you can just look at him and know something is wrong. He hasn't been sober for quite sometime now.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Btw, I don't really believe this will impact the team... sounds like the players and coaches all love him and have probably suspected/known for awhile. I'm sure they all will support him, and not just because he hands them millions of dollars.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The indystar article said there schedule IV prescription pills. According to the DEA website, that's mostly likely anti anxiety medicine like Valium or Xanax. Most painkillers are schedule II or III.

Even if there wasn't suspicion amongst those who work for the Colts you can just look at him and know something is wrong. He hasn't been sober for quite sometime now.
    Agreed, I just get a kick out of ESPN always making Schefter look like this diligent, no one else get's scoops like me, awesome reporter. Inside sources...woo.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

I personally don't either but you never know I mean the last owner to be brought up on charges was the Niners owner and that was about 20 years ago. A different guy in charge.

I don't think he'll go to jail or lose the team but he'll probably get probation and a major fine.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 03-17-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Fox 59 story said his BAC was .01, that's probably below what you'd blow after swishing around some mouthwash
    Wow, that's not much at all... but he probably had some painkillers or anxiety meds in the system too, so....
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Agreed, I just get a kick out of ESPN always making Schefter look like this diligent, no one else get's scoops like me, awesome reporter. Inside sources...woo.

I feel that way about all media types

It's probably a good thing he got arrested. He's going to get some treatment. 4 felony counts is a serious problem, and it's better he ends up doing rehab than dying young.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

I personally don't either but you never know I mean the last owner to be brought up on Chargers was the Niners owner and that was about 20 years ago. A different guy in charge.

I don't think he'll go to jail or lose the team but he'll probably get probation and a major fine.
    San Diego charges?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I edited it already

I just realized that Indy has an SB bid I could see them not getting it as "punishment"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I feel that way about all media types
    Throw in BIG media types and I would agree whole heartedly. I have all the respect in the world for the local beat guys like Phil Wilson, Chappy, and Tom James. Seen more than a few times they really did have some behind the scenes knowledge that could make the team look bad but never divulged that kind of thing. They left the TMZ junk to others.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-irsay-arrest/

Colts issue statement on Jim Irsay arrest

When an NFL player is arrested, his team typically issues a perfunctory, non-committal statement. For the first time in the full-blown age of the Internet, an owner has been arrested.

And the Colts have issued a perfunctory, non-committal statement.

“We are gathering information at this time regarding last night’s incident involving Jim Irsay,” the statement reads. “The team will issue additional statements when the facts are sorted and we are aware of the next steps to this process. Many fans have reached out to express their concern and we appreciate their support.”

It’s unclear who is speaking on behalf of the organization when the owner is the subject of the statement. That gives an odd and surreal quality to a situation that is already odd and surreal.

The NFL will be walking a fine line here, balancing discipline against assistance and, ultimately, fairness to the Colts franchise. However, at a time when the league office has insisted on a high standard of conduct from players, the league office can’t afford to be perceived as anything other than consistent in the treatment given to an owner.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 03-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Throw in BIG media types and I would agree whole heartedly. I have all the respect in the world for the local beat guys like Phil Wilson, Chappy, and Tom James. Seen more than a few times they really did have some behind the scenes knowledge that could make the team look bad but never divulged that kind of thing. They left the TMZ junk to others.
    Sorry I feel the same about the locals and I mean Kravitz who seems to have turned into a Colts homer as of late but the Polian years not so much. I mean at least be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Wow, that's not much at all... but he probably had some painkillers or anxiety meds in the system too, so....
    yeah, he was apparently fine with the breathalyzer but refused a chemical test sooooo y'know...

http://www.ibj.com/irsay-arrest-may-.../article/46695

Irsay arrest may bring NFL punishment, sharpen scrutiny on bowl bid

The drug-related arrest of Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay could bring repercussions from the National Football League and may play a factor in the city's bid for the 2018 Super Bowl.

Irsay was arrested in Carmel late Sunday night and is being held on preliminary charges of possession of a controlled substance and driving while intoxicated.

Carmel police say Irsay was pulled over at 11:41 p.m. in the 13000 block of Horseferry Road for driving at a slow rate of speed, stopping in the roadway and failing to signal a turn. Police said he failed several field-sobriety tests.

"During the inventory of Irsay’s vehicle, multiple prescription drugs were discovered in pill bottles," the police report said. The drugs "were not associated with any prescription bottles found in the vehicle."

Irsay, 54, is being held on $22,500 bond in Hamilton County Jail in Noblesville and has a bond hearing set for 1:30 p.m.

The arrest puts Irsay in danger of discipline from the National Football League and could have an impact on the 2018 Super Bowl bid.

Indianapolis, Minneapolis and New Orleans will be giving presentations to the league’s 32 owners in May in Atlanta for the right to host the big game.

An NFL spokesman declined to speculate on whether the arrest would hurt Indianapolis' chances.

“The 32 teams vote for the Super Bowl host based on which site they believe puts forth the best bid,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an e-mail to IBJ.

But a source close to several team owners and NFL executives in New York said Irsay’s arrest “will definitely be fresh in league officials’ minds” when they receive written bids from the three cities April 1. League officials will work with the three cities to improve their initial bids before the owners get final written and oral bids in May.

The Indiana Sports Corp. is heading up the city’s bid.

“Jim Irsay has created one of the best franchises in the NFL. He and the franchise have made immeasurable contributions to the City of Indianapolis and State of Indiana,” Indiana Sports Corp. CEO Allison Melangton said in a prepared statement Monday morning. “We don't have any detailed information about the incident and it would not be appropriate to comment on this further.”

Melangton was CEO for Indianapolis’ 2012 Super Bowl Host Committee.

McCarthy said Irsay is subject to discipline due to his latest arrest, but declined to speculate on the punishment.

“Everyone associated with the NFL is subject to the personal conduct policy,” McCarthy said in the e-mail.

Irsay could be subject to discipline even if he's found not guilty.

“It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime,” the NFL’s conduct policy states. “Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful.”

The NFL’s conduct policy also states: “Apart from any disciplinary action, persons arrested, charged or otherwise appearing to have engaged in conduct prohibited under this policy generally will be required to undergo a formal clinical evaluation. Based on the results of that evaluation, the person may be encouraged or required to participate in an education program, counseling or other treatment deemed appropriate by health professionals."

Other team executives have been disciplined for driving while intoxicated in recent years, including Detroit Lions President Tom Lewand.

Lewand was suspended 30 days and fined $100,000. The suspension later was reduced to 21 days.

Irsay has acknowledged problems with drug and alcohol use in the past, including an addiction to pain killers more than 10 years ago. However, he tweeted Oct. 21 that he hadn't had a drink in 15 years.

Irsay's wife, Meg, filed for divorce in November after a 33-year marriage.

Forbes magazine this month ranked Irsay as the 1,029th richest man in the world with a net worth of $1.6 billion.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's just stupid if the entire community gets penalized with the Super Bowl after hitting it out of the park in 2012. Screw Goondell. I've always thought that Minny was going to get it bc of the new stadium, but still.

I am shocked that there are people on twitter who are shocked by this.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That's just stupid if the entire community gets penalized with the Super Bowl after hitting it out of the park in 2012. Screw Goondell. I've always thought that Minny was going to get it bc of the new stadium, but still.
    The NFL was probably just looking for an excuse not to have it hear given how lucky we got the last time it was here weather wise. Given how bad the weather was here this year the NFL was probably just picturing the Super Bowl in all of that snow. Now they have a built in excuse to pass Indianapolis up on this bid. I hope I am wrong because I would love to have another Super Bowl here, but I can see this being used as an excuse.

Controlled substance too. Guess he fell off the wagon, get it together man.
    I mean this sincerely, he was never on the wagon. Dude has needed help for like 20 years.

not really sure what they could do, ban him from games or something?
    They can fine him out the wazoo.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    The NFL was probably just looking for an excuse not to have it hear given how lucky we got the last time it was here weather wise. Given how bad the weather was here this year the NFL was probably just picturing the Super Bowl in all of that snow. Now they have a built in excuse to pass Indianapolis up on this bid. I hope I am wrong because I would love to have another Super Bowl here, but I can see this being used as an excuse.
    Yeah, but it's very likely that it goes to Minny, an even worse weather city. The NFL will likely award it to them because of the new stadium.

he and his wife had been estranged for like a decade
    Longer than that.