Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

I love the way we look to pound it inside to Bynum with the bench unit. Id like to switch Scola with Allen just to see what we have there. Nice to see Vogel put the ball in ET's hands more, which is where he's at his best.

If we can get double figure scoring from these two off the bench more often than not, then we become a very complete team.

Too bad we can't keep Bynum after this season. And THANK GOD Mia didnt pick up that guy.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol it only took over half the season and for us to be down 25 to a bad (but talented) Pistons team.
    And also 49 wins. People act like you should ignore what got you 49 wins and blow it up in favor of something else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    I get it,, but I think most would agree that Scola when on has a higher ceiling than Cope or Levoy. However, more an more im intrigued by Levoy's D on Bosh if he were to start knocking down 3's.
    I think LaVoy's ceiling is about 18 points. Cope scored 9 points in 3 minutes in a game this season. His ceiling is definitely 20+ points.

There is just no way this team is ever as talented, from top to bottom, as it currently is. This really is our best year to win a championship. I mean, Scola-Bynum-Watson-Turner could be a playoff team in the east by themselves.

I guess Stephenson and George have the potential to be one of the best wing combos in the league, but after this year the team will be very top heavy. I'm hoping they find away to keep lavoy allen after this season.
    Last edited by righteouscool; 03-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    There is just no way this team is ever as talented, from top to bottom, as it currently is. This really is our best year to win a championship. I mean, Scola-Bynum-Watson-Turner could be a playoff team in the east by themselves.

I guess Stephenson and George have the potential to be one of the best wing combos in the league, but after this year the team will be very top heavy. I'm hoping they find away to keep lavoy allen after this season.
    I agree. When you combine all of that with the fact that Miami is vulnerable right now, this is the year where we must seize the opportunity. Miami is going for their fourth straight Finals appearance, something that hasn't been done since Boston did it in the 80's, and I think it's pretty clear that the previous three playoff runs have taken a toll. Add all of that to the fact that this Pacers team is obscenely stacked from top to bottom, and this is the year where we gotta go to the Finals. We have freaking Andrew Bynum coming off of the bench right now. Gotta take that 1 seed home and get the job done in the playoffs. I think that yesterday is the type of win that will get us out of a slump.

Miami isn't the biggest hurdle... The Spurs are. They are killing it right now, and not slowing down. Tonight they pay the Jazz. It's gonna be tough to win 4 against San Antonio if they have home court.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is very pleasing to see that our fan base has turned the corner. Do you remember those years when Detroit colors appeared throughout our arena with the awarded of those uniforms loudly spewing their D-troit Basket-ball chant? Or all those green jerseys when the Celtics were in town?

Well, last night I was glad to see blue and gold sprinkled throughout the opposition's arena. Even better, we could here how vocal they were on the telecast. It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Lol it only took over half the season and for us to be down 25 to a bad (but talented) Pistons team.
    Well... his rotations do have us at the top of the East and vying for the best record in the league.

Bynum might score 20 a game off the bench against Miami. It is going to be ridiculous.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    And also 49 wins. People act like you should ignore what got you 49 wins and blow it up in favor of something else.
    I don't think putting someone on the bench a bit longer for ineffective play is blowing it up. But to each their own

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Well... his rotations do have us at the top of the East and vying for the best record in the league.
    Im not saying Vogel is a bad coach, just that he could utilize the talent on the bench a bit more. Just one person's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Miami isn't the biggest hurdle... The Spurs are. They are killing it right now, and not slowing down. Tonight they pay the Jazz. It's gonna be tough to win 4 against San Antonio if they have home court.
    Miami might not be the biggest hurdle, but they are a hurdle we won't get past unless we start playing Pacer basketball again.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't think putting someone on the bench a bit longer for ineffective play is blowing it up. But to each their own
    Yeah I admit blowing it up is a bad way to put it. But we can point to what got us here as successful enough to have the best record in the conference. You can always improve, but deviating from what got us here is not a sure thing in any way.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Wrong! We would have to get past Miami first before we think about the Spurs. And if we beat Miami in the playoffs then we can beat any tem

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Agreed. Luis's play has been so bard for an extended period it would be wise to see what we can get out of someone else. I would like to see what Lavoy Allen can give us with a few minutes here and there. The fact is that Scola is hurting the team right now.

I know some people will say that we are in trouble being down by 25 to Detroit. But the grit the Pacers showed to comeback and win in OT means more and this will help the team big time down the road in confidence
    "We want Miami"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Wrong! We would have to get past Miami first before we think about the Spurs. And if we beat Miami in the playoffs then we can beat any tem
    I don't disagree. I'm just saying I care about the #1 seed overall, not just the #1 seed in the East.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!