Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 117

Thread: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

  1. #76
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well LBJ is the one who wanted to score 61 points. And all the ESPN/Highlights glory that came with it. You put on a show like that, you're gonna have to deal with the physical repercussions that come with it. Also you have to remember the Heat are just flat out OLD. Ray Allen, Birdman is more like Owl man now. Rashard Lewis, Oden who can't score on anything other than a dunk, And can't play more than 12 minutes a game. Wade, Haslem. Cole and Beasley are their youngest players. But there's no way those two can put up numbers enough together to help elevate everyone else. THEY MISS MIKE MILLER. Somebody needs to concede that letting him for was a major failure. I think this post-season is ours to lose because we have so many better pieces than they do. Plus, we're younger, and we have enough parts to have Lebron running on fumes in a few games. Remember how "tired" he said he was in the first game vs. Indy early in the season? Well now, he's gonna have to guard PG, Turner, Lance, plus try and keep Bynum and Hibbert and West out of the paint, off the boards, and also could end up guarding Hill in some cases off screens.
    A concern I have is PG guarding LeBron. Who is there that can guard LeBron if PG gets in foul trouble early. in this sense Danny would have been nice to have. who guards James at that point.. Turner or Lance?? just got a feelling PG will get some quick fouls on James and concerned about our depth defensively at the wing.

    sidenote cause I know you promote Copeland but I don't think Vogel will ever play the guy at SF because if he gets switched on DWADE he is toast. whereas at PF cope may be able to handle most of the SF's in the league if a switch off defender does occur. otherwise I would agree cope get mins over butler.

    I get PG will play every minute James is on the court.. just concerned about potential foul issue and who gaurds him at that point. im going with lance on james and turner on wade.


    also,, who mia as well as indy matches w 2nd round ie nets or bulls looks like will be key. nets are dangerous and you can never overlook the bulls. anyway point is can anyone other than PG who can guard James on this roster.

    I know most yall couldn't stand sam young but I liked his defense on james all things considered.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 03-15-2014 at 11:06 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  3. #77

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bynum was rehabbing, not sitting. This is only his second game back. And bird didn't really "come down" on Vogel so much as say in an interview he was "disappointed" in how the bench was playing.

    I disagree with Scola most nights, though I do wish he would pull him on nights like tonight after giving him some run. It's usually pretty obvious when Scola does and doesn't have it. When he doesn't have it, I think he should pursue playing Allen or Mahinmi in lieu of him.

    Even when he hits shots, like against Philly, he turns it over way, way too much. I think he had 3 TO's in that game and we weren't exactly asking him to handle the ball. He also contributes nothing on defense. Why not play Scola who would make a great tandem with Bynum? Or Lavoy who can shoot but can also rebound/play Defense. I just don't see what Scola adds right now.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  4. #78
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but I don't fear the Bulls coming into Indy. The Spurs and OKC? Sort of. Spurs are like a well-oiled video game team. And OKC has Durant who I still believe is a being from another dimension.
    lets not even discuss WC please. gives me nightmares.

  5. #79
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,006

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know most yall couldn't stand sam young but I liked his defense on james all things considered.
    Agreed. I liked what Young gave us defensively.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #80
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I cannot emphasize this enough. I LOVE BEATING THE DETROIT PISTONS.

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  8. #81
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even when he hits shots, like against Philly, he turns it over way, way too much. I think he had 3 TO's in that game and we weren't exactly asking him to handle the ball. He also contributes nothing on defense. Why not play Scola who would make a great tandem with Bynum? Or Lavoy who can shoot but can also rebound/play Defense. I just don't see what Scola adds right now.
    I get it,, but I think most would agree that Scola when on has a higher ceiling than Cope or Levoy. However, more an more im intrigued by Levoy's D on Bosh if he were to start knocking down 3's.

  9. #82
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,205

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well LBJ is the one who wanted to score 61 points. And all the ESPN/Highlights glory that came with it. You put on a show like that, you're gonna have to deal with the physical repercussions that come with it. Also you have to remember the Heat are just flat out OLD. Ray Allen, Birdman is more like Owl man now. Rashard Lewis, Oden who can't score on anything other than a dunk, And can't play more than 12 minutes a game. Wade, Haslem. Cole and Beasley are their youngest players. But there's no way those two can put up numbers enough together to help elevate everyone else. THEY MISS MIKE MILLER. Somebody needs to concede that letting him for was a major failure. I think this post-season is ours to lose because we have so many better pieces than they do. Plus, we're younger, and we have enough parts to have Lebron running on fumes in a few games. Remember how "tired" he said he was in the first game vs. Indy early in the season? Well now, he's gonna have to guard PG, Turner, Lance, plus try and keep Bynum and Hibbert and West out of the paint, off the boards, and also could end up guarding Hill in some cases off screens.
    Well for a 50 something year old player Owl man is pretty good. :-)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  11. #83
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I've been really impressed by Bynum (I know it's only been 2 games)
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  13. #84
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    check this out.

    It was the second-biggest comeback victory in the NBA this season, according to STATS. Golden State rallied from 27 down against Toronto on Dec. 3.

    http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489857
    anyone know the number of turnovers committed first half in contrast to second half. total tonite was only 10 per link above. interested in a breakdown by qtr. specifically the A/T ratio second half tonite. pacers had 24 assists and turnovers.

    Sweet Jesus.

    More please.


    John Woodens phrase was never on display more so than tonite this season for the Blue & Gold. Be quick, but don't hurry. honestly it looked like the first time the pacers were not just going through the motions offensively in weeks. hell I think they were simply just bored with the offense and for once kicked into a whole nother gear.

    Will you ever quit?

    Team: No! We want some mo', we want some mo', we want some mo'!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  15. #85
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I'm pretty sure it was 7 TO's in the first half vs 3 in the second. I remember checking the box score at half time and thats what I remember.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  17. #86
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Also 40 points off the bench is nice to hear....quite frankly, with a bench consisting of Turner, Bynum and Scola it should be something we expect
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  18. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  19. #87
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure it was 7 TO's in the first half vs 3 in the second. I remember checking the box score at half time and thats what I remember.
    24 total assists. guessing the ratio 2nd half/OT was 15:3. Love to see that trend continue.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  21. #88
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    24 total assists. guessing the ratio 2nd half/OT was 15:3. Love to see that trend continue.
    I don't think you're going to lose many games with a team 5:1 assist to turnover ratio.

  22. #89

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get it,, but I think most would agree that Scola when on has a higher ceiling than Cope or Levoy. However, more an more im intrigued by Levoy's D on Bosh if he were to start knocking down 3's.
    I'd disagree. Copeland's ceiling is 20-30 points as he did in New York last season. Not sure what Allen's ceiling is, but Scola has been down right bad for two months now and keeps getting trotted out there and I don't get why.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:


  24. #90
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I'll take the W anytime, but I think most of you are still far too positive about this win. Pacers still never come out of the gate with a sense of urgency. If you can play defense like that in the second half, you surely can in the first half. Until we beat some powerhouse teams, I am still a little concerned. We will find out a lot with some measuring stick games coming up.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  26. #91
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,576

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I will admit, I turned on the game at Halftime, saw that the Pacers were down by 19 with some horrific halftime stats and just decided to not watch the game. With the way that they have been playing as of late....I honestly had little faith in them being able to pull out this win out.

    I am glad that I was proven wrong.....but someone is going to have to tell me what happened in the 1st half to explain a 19 point deficit at the Half.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  27. #92
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will admit, I turned on the game at Halftime, saw that the Pacers were down by 19 with some horrific halftime stats and just decided to not watch the game. With the way that they have been playing as of late....I honestly had little faith in them being able to pull out this win out.

    I am glad that I was proven wrong.....but someone is going to have to tell me what happened in the 1st half to explain a 19 point deficit at the Half.
    Combination of a few things. First the lack of first half urgency from the Pacers. Second, Drummond went out with an injury and didn't return, forcing the Pistons to go small. Third, when they went small, they shot lights out, 60% or something crazy like that. That all adds up to a big deficit.

  28. #93
    Member larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I took a shower at halftime & said they probably won't comeback but they might like that Sprint commercial w/ James Earl Jones. Any win from here on out is key. Scola was fist pumping & looked like he was really into it. That was good to see as apparently he's going to play. He's capable. Been a bad slump for him. I'd prefer a coach that pulls anybody playing poorly like Coach Pop. Only on a game by game basis. Stick to the same starters/bench but pull anyone hurting the team. That's my preference but like I said Vogel has earned himself some leadway.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
    3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
    5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
    7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.




  29. #94
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,232

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Side note about something Detroit fans have to feel aggrieved about a moment in last night's game.

    That important 3 that Lance made that tied the game 96-96, how on earth those 2 refs missed that PG stepped outside before the pass to Lance? Both of them had an excellent view of PG.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  31. #95
    Member Downtown Bang!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG 9 of 19, but two of those misses were half court heaves. I wish PG would get to that LeBron level of making the right play at the right time. I know, all players should strive for that, I just would like to see him do it more consistently than he does now.
    The late game posession where PG was ISO'd on the wing and then made the very simple pass to Hibbert for the open jumper in the lane. That was a good sign. Have not seen PG make a play like that in that type of situation in a while. It was the right basketball play and I was happier for PG than I was for Hibbert hitting the shot. PG & Lance need to trust their teamates to make solid basketball plays more often rather than just viewing them as the occaisional recipient of a highlight reel pass.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:


  33. #96
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He might be more stubborn than some people like, but if you think he's very stubborn you must not remember Jim O'Stubborn trotting Murphleavy out there 38 minutes a night with large parts of this current roster on his bench. Now THAT guy was stubborn...
    Fixed.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  35. #97
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,458
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    In all seriousness though the game vs. Philadelphia about cost us this game tonight. I realize we are competing against NBA teams, but we had opportunities to put away the Sixers and didn't capitalize making Frank play his starters (mainly Hill) much more than he wanted to.

    This week we play Philadelphia Monday, a hot Knicks team Wednesday and have a back to back with Chicago/Memphis Friday and Saturday. Lets put Philly away early Monday and rest players. If we have to kill ourselves to get that game it may end up costing us a win later in the week.

  36. #98
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,622

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    This is why we traded for the extra terrestrial. He is an extremely talented scorer. Loved the the threes and and one. Having that monster Bynum down low opens up space for ET and everyone else.

  37. #99
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The late game posession where PG was ISO'd on the wing and then made the very simple pass to Hibbert for the open jumper in the lane. That was a good sign. Have not seen PG make a play like that in that type of situation in a while. It was the right basketball play and I was happier for PG than I was for Hibbert hitting the shot. PG & Lance need to trust their teamates to make solid basketball plays more often rather than just viewing them as the occaisional recipient of a highlight reel pass.

    Yes, exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not saying he's a terrible decision maker. Truthfully he's pretty good and makes the correct play often. I'm talking about working to cut down on those occasions he doesn't. I know LeBron is otherworldly at this aspect of the game, so striving to bring that to the table as well as he does is a good thin IMO.

    And just for the record, Lance is the one I want taking end of quarter half court heaves, not PG. He's the one that drills that shot first at fan jam every year. They should have a designed play for that situation to get Lance the shot.

  38. #100
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those Vogel haters who say he's too stubborn and stupid to ever deviate from his rotations, this game is for you. He gave extra minutes to Bynum and Turner because Lance and Hibbert were having bad games. It worked to perfection.

    Now, we have GOT to stop with these terrible first halves. But for now we savor the sweet flavor that is comeback.
    Lol it only took over half the season and for us to be down 25 to a bad (but talented) Pistons team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •