Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Home for Bulls and then at Memphis. We can win both of those. Then at Bulls. Home for Miami, At Washington, at Cleveland, home for Spurs, home for Pistons, at Toronto. The only loss I see might come there is the Spurs.
    ummmm the Bulls have been playing very well, can easily lose against them. Miami is still Miami. Toronto plays us well. Washington is dangerous. This is not an 8-1 stretch imo. If we got 8-1 here, I will be amazed.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

This was one of the better games of the year. A great comeback. Now it's time to get back at Houston.

Andrew Bynum and Evan Turner after @Pacers OT win in Detroit on Twitpic
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Does anyone doubt at all that as long as he's healthy, Bynum is gonna own Miami's bigs if we play them?

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers Pride on display in the 2nd half tonite!

Home for Bulls and then at Memphis. We can win both of those. Then at Bulls. Home for Miami, At Washington, at Cleveland, home for Spurs, home for Pistons, at Toronto. The only loss I see might come there is the Spurs.
    Seriously? This team could easily lose both games to Chicago, Miami, Spurs, Toronto. I declare the slump over, but damn I'll be happy if they go .500 this next 10-12 games. This is a really tough stretch.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    "Coach really got into us at halftime" "coach really challenged us at halftime"

That had to be one helluva halftime speech from Vogel.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I made mention of this obviously elsewhere but I gotta hammer it because it could be a concise synopsis of the remedy for this teams offensive innefficiences. This team has to remember in essesne to intiate the offense quickly.

obviously Wooden said it best. Be Quick and man it made a difference.. making quick passes and as well as the decision making. If the teams plays like that and hungry a BANNER may be more reasonable to expect than even the most optimistic of pacer fans.

our offense has been just way to laizzee fairre for the past 2.5 seasons or so.

I love beating Detroit. Great win tonite.

Mood

Yeah, 8-1 there would be an unreal stretch. I'd be pretty happy with 5-4 there honestly as long as we split with Chicago and had good showing with Miami and SA. 6-3 there I would consider a great success.

I would be ecstatic to go 6-3 that stretch. With splitting Miami and winning against SA

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    ummmm the Bulls have been playing very well, can easily lose against them. Miami is still Miami. Toronto plays us well. Washington is dangerous. This is not an 8-1 stretch imo. If we got 8-1 here, I will be amazed.
    Well Bulls in Indy? I think because they can't score, and because they'll be on the road. We win that game. The Bulls have come back down to earth recently. A bit. We beat Memphis earlier in the season I think we can win at Memphis. Memphis offensively has it's issues. We just need to lock them down defensively. I will admit after the Memphis game, one day of rest then going into Chicago to play the Bulls again will be tough. They'll want revenge, and want to send a message. Plus we might look past that one at Miami two days later.

The way Miami is playing, plus being on the road, plus we don't know if they'll be resting Wade by then. It all depends on how the standings are by then. But right now, we're 5 ahead in the win column, and 2 ahead in the loss column. We own Washington this season. Nene won't be playing, I think that favors us. Cleveland is still Cleveland. Spurs, again it depends on who's playing. Pop could be resting his troops by then. Pistons at Indy is a win. Especially after tonight. At Toronto will be tough, but we held them to 79 the last time we played them. I do agree if we don't bring it every game we could lose. But if we win eight of these 9, we'll have all the detractors off our backs for atleast a week.

Bulls are 7-3 in their last 10. How is that coming back down to earth?

Sports Logo

We beat Memphis earlier in the season I think we can win at Memphis. Memphis offensively has it's issues. We just need to lock them down defensively.
    That wasn't the same Memphis team, though. Their new coach was attempting to make them a fast-paced team at that time and they struggled defensively at the time. They struggled a lot in 2013 and they were only 13-17 at the end of the year. They have been great in 2014, though, and they have turned this around. They sit at 39-27 at the time with a 26-10 record in 2014. They are dangerous.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Bulls are 7-3 in their last 10. How is that coming back down to earth?
    Getting spanked badly by the Spurs. Losing at home to Memphis too. Although they responded nicely by smoking Houston but what Eastern team hasn't smoked Houston at their gym? Houston doesn't get those calls they get in Houston on the road. And they still don't play defense. And when the 3's aren't falling, they're toast on the road. They play such good games with Western teams because teams like GSW and Portland don't play much D either. They beat Sac tonight, but not a dominating performance by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That wasn't the same Memphis team, though. Their new coach was attempting to make them a fast-paced team at that time and they struggled defensively at the time. They struggled a lot in 2013 and they were only 13-17 at the end of the year. They have been great in 2014, though, and they have turned this around. They sit at 39-27 at the time with a 26-10 record in 2014. They are dangerous.

True, but at least Memphis doesn't have super-scoring guards we have to chase around screens all day. No Steph Curry, Melo/ Harden type player on their roster. As long as we bring the D, we should win.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well Bulls in Indy? I think because they can't score, and because they'll be on the road. We win that game. The Bulls have come back down to earth recently. A bit. We beat Memphis earlier in the season I think we can win at Memphis. Memphis offensively has it's issues. We just need to lock them down defensively. I will admit after the Memphis game, one day of rest then going into Chicago to play the Bulls again will be tough. They'll want revenge, and want to send a message. Plus we might look past that one at Miami two days later.

The way Miami is playing, plus being on the road, plus we don't know if they'll be resting Wade by then. It all depends on how the standings are by then. But right now, we're 5 ahead in the win column, and 2 ahead in the loss column. We own Washington this season. Nene won't be playing, I think that favors us. Cleveland is still Cleveland. Spurs, again it depends on who's playing. Pop could be resting his troops by then. Pistons at Indy is a win. Especially after tonight. At Toronto will be tough, but we held them to 79 the last time we played them. I do agree if we don't bring it every game we could lose. But if we win eight of these 9, we'll have all the detractors off our backs for atleast a week.

heat fans are already beginning to clammor for resting LeBron and conceding the #1seed. expressing serious concerns about king james fatigue.

The most important game in that stretch is the Miami one. It would be great if we could get the tiebreaker since it is going to be so close. After head-to-head it's conference win-loss that is the tiebreaker, and we are 5 games in-conference on Miami. A win against Miami might just win us the tiebreaker.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

The Bulls just do not match up well against us. They play hard for Thibs, but they have no good scoring options. Even with our defense not being lock down anymore I do not think they will be as tough as some other teams coming up like Memphis or San Antonio.

Getting spanked badly by the Spurs. Losing at home to Memphis too. Although they responded nicely by smoking Houston but what Eastern team hasn't smoked Houston at their gym? Houston doesn't get those calls they get in Houston on the road. And they still don't play defense. And when the 3's aren't falling, they're toast on the road. They play such good games with Western teams because teams like GSW and Portland don't play much D either. They beat Sac tonight, but not a dominating performance by any stretch of the imagination.
    Spanked badly by the Spurs? They lost by like 8. Yeah they were down big, but considering what we just did. Sorta puts it in perspective. And losing to the best team in the league record wise doesn't make them bad.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    Basically took Bird coming down on him to get him to start playing Bynum more.
    Dude, this is rich. Bynum played as soon as he was able, and came back before he was projected to. He's played two of the three games since, big minutes in both. The one game he sat out was because the medical staff hasn't cleared him for back-to-backs.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    heat fans are already beginning to clammor for resting LeBron and conceding the #1seed. expressing serious concerns about king james fatigue.
    Well LBJ is the one who wanted to score 61 points. And all the ESPN/Highlights glory that came with it. You put on a show like that, you're gonna have to deal with the physical repercussions that come with it. Also you have to remember the Heat are just flat out OLD. Ray Allen, Birdman is more like Owl man now. Rashard Lewis, Oden who can't score on anything other than a dunk, And can't play more than 12 minutes a game. Wade, Haslem. Cole and Beasley are their youngest players. But there's no way those two can put up numbers enough together to help elevate everyone else. THEY MISS MIKE MILLER. Somebody needs to concede that letting him for was a major failure. I think this post-season is ours to lose because we have so many better pieces than they do. Plus, we're younger, and we have enough parts to have Lebron running on fumes in a few games. Remember how "tired" he said he was in the first game vs. Indy early in the season? Well now, he's gonna have to guard PG, Turner, Lance, plus try and keep Bynum and Hibbert and West out of the paint, off the boards, and also could end up guarding Hill in some cases off screens.
    Last edited by Grimp; 03-15-2014 at 10:55 PM.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Spanked badly by the Spurs? They lost by like 8. Yeah they were down big, but considering what we just did. Sorta puts it in perspective. And losing to the best team in the league record wise doesn't make them bad.
    True, but I don't fear the Bulls coming into Indy. The Spurs and OKC? Sort of. Spurs are like a well-oiled video game team. And OKC has Durant who I still believe is a being from another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    The Bulls just do not match up well against us. They play hard for Thibs, but they have no good scoring options. Even with our defense not being lock down anymore I do not think they will be as tough as some other teams coming up like Memphis or San Antonio.
    While I think we should beat the Bulls, and pretty much every team we play on that list, it will be a tough two games against them just because how hard they do play.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

True, but at least Memphis doesn't have super-scoring guards we have to chase around screens all day. No Steph Curry, Melo/ Harden type player on their roster. As long as we bring the D, we should win.
    They don't have a Steph Curry, Harden or Melo type but their offense ranks higher than ours (they rank at #16 in offensive efficiency, we rank at at #21, http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...ive-efficiency) and their D is top 10 as well. They are good and they can threaten us in their floor.

Conley is also averaging 17.1 PPG, Courtney Lee has played great for them and he is averaging 12.4 PPG and they always have Gasol, Z-Bo and Miller's shooting.

We can certainly win if we play our game but it will be tough. It is a tough stretch indeed.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Birdman is more like Owl man now.
    Ok, that was awesome

That sentence alone deserves a like.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: