Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 117

Thread: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

  1. #26

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    10 turnovers...clutch

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,845

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    10 turnovers...clutch
    7 of those were in the first half too. So only 3 in the second half and OT.

    So in the second half + OT, they attacked the basket, shared the ball, played Pacers defense, had bench scoring and didn't turn the ball over. Thats what we have been waiting to see!

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  5. #28

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the Pacers have had serious problems getting back into games when they give up leads in 2014. It's a breath of fresh air for us.
    That's probably because we have two dynamic scorers off our bench now in Turner and Bynum.

  6. #29

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like this is really going to bring the team together in a major way and you can see that these guys are really getting along well with each other. Really excited about the win tonight AND it was the second night of back to back games on the road. Now we get a couple of days to rest before we play a really hot Knicks team.
    We have Philly at home Monday. One day then NYK.

  7. #30

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Having Bynum has really helped Turner also...looks more comfortable

  8. #31

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those Vogel haters who say he's too stubborn and stupid to ever deviate from his rotations, this game is for you. He gave extra minutes to Bynum and Turner because Lance and Hibbert were having bad games. It worked to perfection.

    Now, we have GOT to stop with these terrible first halves. But for now we savor the sweet flavor that is comeback.


    But he's gotta stop rolling Scola out there. Scola has shot well the past like 3 games but defensively he's just too soft most of the time. LaVoy had 2 blocks last night vs. Philly. I'd like to see what he can do at backup PF. Maybe Copeland too. His ability to hit the three can be valuable in many games.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,502

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    snatched victory from the jaws of defeat tonight.....great comeback!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:


  12. #33

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Think Bynum plays Monday?
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

  13. #34

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those Vogel haters who say he's too stubborn and stupid to ever deviate from his rotations, this game is for you. He gave extra minutes to Bynum and Turner because Lance and Hibbert were having bad games. It worked to perfection.

    Now, we have GOT to stop with these terrible first halves. But for now we savor the sweet flavor that is comeback.
    He's very stubborn. Basically took Bird coming down on him to get him to start playing Bynum more. Scola is still trotted out there for no reason whatsoever. Average rebounder, terrible defender, turnover machine, and we have another guy on this team that can knock down shots in Copeland or Lavoy Allen, for that matter. We need more Butler, Allen, and Copeland and way less Scola.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  14. #35
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    PG 9 of 19, but two of those misses were half court heaves. I wish PG would get to that LeBron level of making the right play at the right time. I know, all players should strive for that, I just would like to see him do it more consistently than he does now.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  16. #36

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    very impressive comeback. i had written them off before halftime. i can't remember if it was just before they went to the locker room at half or just after they cam back but brook interviewed asst. dan burke and he was NOT happy with the 1st half and mentioned them sleepwalking. i suspect he tore them a new one in the locker room at the half. in the 2nd half, they actually played like they cared again.
    they desperately needed a kick in the pants.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG 9 of 19, but two of those misses were half court heaves. I wish PG would get to that LeBron level of making the right play at the right time. I know, all players should strive for that, I just would like to see him do it more consistently than he does now.
    PG was fine tonight. Flirted with a triple double.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  18. #38
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,433
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Whew, great to win! That said we need to start better.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Have you all looked at the next nine games? Very rough stretch while Miami has it relatively easy.

  20. #40
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,845

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's very stubborn. Basically took Bird coming down on him to get him to start playing Bynum more. Scola is still trotted out there for no reason whatsoever. Average rebounder, terrible defender, turnover machine, and we have another guy on this team that can knock down shots in Copeland or Lavoy Allen, for that matter. We need more Butler, Allen, and Copeland and way less Scola.
    WUT? Bynum has been available for 2 games...

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  22. #41
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's very stubborn.
    He might be more stubborn than some people like, but if you think he's very stubborn you must not remember JOB trotting Murphleavy out there 38 minutes a night with large parts of this current roster on his bench. Now THAT guy was stubborn...

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  24. #42

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WInslow22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think Bynum plays Monday?
    Yep. His knees are fine but it'll be interesting. We don't need him vs. Philly. But I'd play him for his confidence in his health, and some continuity. This team needs to flow right going into the playoffs. We can't keep playing hide and go line-up-seek with guys.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  26. #43
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Team really needed this victiory, next week the competition just keeps getting stronger and stronger. They have a chance to really start elevating their game. They finally figured out the type of effort needed to comeback and win a game.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  27. #44
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's very stubborn. Basically took Bird coming down on him to get him to start playing Bynum more. Scola is still trotted out there for no reason whatsoever. Average rebounder, terrible defender, turnover machine, and we have another guy on this team that can knock down shots in Copeland or Lavoy Allen, for that matter. We need more Butler, Allen, and Copeland and way less Scola.
    Bynum was rehabbing, not sitting. This is only his second game back. And bird didn't really "come down" on Vogel so much as say in an interview he was "disappointed" in how the bench was playing.

    I disagree with Scola most nights, though I do wish he would pull him on nights like tonight after giving him some run. It's usually pretty obvious when Scola does and doesn't have it. When he doesn't have it, I think he should pursue playing Allen or Mahinmi in lieu of him.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  28. #45

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    I say rest Bynum on Monday. Make sure hes rested and good for the surging Knicks. I really want to help Crush the Knicks dreams

  29. #46
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,952

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    MRI on drummond was negative.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  30. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  31. #47

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you all looked at the next nine games? Very rough stretch while Miami has it relatively easy.
    Home for Bulls and then at Memphis. We can win both of those. Then at Bulls. Home for Miami, At Washington, at Cleveland, home for Spurs, home for Pistons, at Toronto. The only loss I see might come there is the Spurs.

  32. #48
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    anyone see the vicous headlock Bynum put down on Solo Hill end of OT. looked like good natured ribbing a rook. kinda nice to see Bynum having fun with the guys on the team.

  33. #49
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,168

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    That's good (Drummond's MRI). That looked like a neck injury of some kind and that is never good.

  34. #50
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,144
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Pistons Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anyone see the vicous headlock Bynum put down on Solo Hill end of OT. looked like good natured ribbing a rook. kinda nice to see Bynum having fun with the guys on the team.
    Yea I posted something about it in the game thread...really nice to see given his trouble with his last couple of stops


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •