Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 135

Thread: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

  1. #51
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,511

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    I just watched a butterfly sail across the screen in the clippers at jazz game.

    EDIT//

    uhh...uhhh..TURNOVERS.

    I kinda meant this for the random thoughts thread.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was awful again.
    Absolutely untrue. He had 5 blocks, and challenged and caused them to miss many other times. Without him protecting the rim we probably lost tonight.

    Don't look at the stat sheet. Watch how a player truly affects the game.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 for 5 with 3 rebounds from an all star? And they had no one really to defend him did they? He did have 5 blocks which was great.
    Hard to score points if the team isn't looking for you.

    Also, 5 blocks and he challenged 2-3 times more shots than he blocked as well. When you do that you aren't in position to get the rebound b/c your momentum is carried away from the rim. Roy does what we ask of him (protect the rim), it's up to the rest to clean up behind him after he challenges the shot.

    There is a reason why some of the All-Stars during All-Star weekend told him they are afraid to drive into the paint when he is there... it is b/c he is damn good at protecting the rim.

    You can be a game changing All-Star without scoring or rebounding allot, he does it by being a dominate force on defense protecting the rim. While there is a blocked shot column of the stat sheet, there isn't a challenged shot leading to a miss column. So, looking at the box score doesn't always show Roy's impact on the game.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    The 76ers scored 94 points on 90 shots. The defense was quite good actually.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,740

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    I think it would be beneficial to play the bench a little more against teams that aren't as competitive to keep our starters fresh. Also pull a Spurs and rest them on certain nights.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  10. #56
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 76ers scored 94 points on 90 shots. The defense was quite good actually.
    Agreed. Also:







    I agree with Vogel. We played hard... Just we weren't always smart with the basketball. like Mark points out:


    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  12. #57
    Member BenR1990's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Fredonia, NY
    Posts
    1,304

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    We shot 58% from the floor and held Philly to shooting under 40%. If the Pacers don't turn the ball over tonight as much as the did, this is a 20 point win. At this point in the season, I don't care how wins come. After our brutal stretch to end the regular season last year and our subsequent playoff run, I've got every reason to believe is team is going to kick it into another gear come playoff time. Just a matter of winning any way possible the next 16 games.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:


  14. #58

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    We won. Heat lost. PD is in panic mode. Sounds about right

  15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:


  16. #59
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it would be beneficial to play the bench a little more against teams that aren't as competitive to keep our starters fresh. Also pull a Spurs and rest them on certain nights.
    Well I think Vogel tried to do this. West and PG sat for awhile in the second. The lead was at 12 at the start of the 4th. But then Philly cut it down to 5 with the bench in. So the starters had to come back

  17. #60
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,193

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    It's amazing that we shot 58% and gave up 94 points on 90 shots and didn't win by 20-25. So we probably lose if we shoot 50%.

  18. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sorry, I don't think Roy was awful. I thought he protected the rim well. Sure he struggled in other areas, but Philly wasn't getting shots at the rim.
    Roy was solid and carried our defense as he always does. It's not his fault he only got 5 shot attempts, he was in open several times that he didn't get the ball. Vogel needs to direct an offensive plan to get the ball in the paint, or coach.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  20. #62

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Roy, at 7-2, now has 3 more rebounds on the season than the 6-5 Stephenson. His defense is good, but it doesn't make up for his lack of rebounding and his lack of scoring. Of course, for that matter, you would think PG and West would out-rebound Stephenson, too.

  21. #63

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Anyone know CJ's status?

  22. #64
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wonder what his market'll be this summer. be nice to keep him for the minimum if/when we have to dump Ian's salary.
    I think there's a strong possibility we cut Scola loose and give his minutes to Lavoy next year.

  23. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy, at 7-2, now has 3 more rebounds on the season than the 6-5 Stephenson. His defense is good, but it doesn't make up for his lack of rebounding and his lack of scoring. Of course, for that matter, you would think PG and West would out-rebound Stephenson, too.
    We've beat that horse to death. Stephenson steals rebounds almost every game, and Roy is the main player he pulls them from. Vogel has pointed it out humorously and I've heard opposing announcers make issue of it. Lance's rebounding stats are as valuable to the team as Murphy's where.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  25. #66
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy, at 7-2, now has 3 more rebounds on the season than the 6-5 Stephenson. His defense is good, but it doesn't make up for his lack of rebounding and his lack of scoring. Of course, for that matter, you would think PG and West would out-rebound Stephenson, too.
    You are wrong. Read my posts above for explanation why...

    Also refer to the the Roy rebounding thread, which goes even deeper into it. (Including squashing your idea that height is the main factor when it comes to rebounding.)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  26. #67
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was solid and carried our defense as he always does. It's not his fault he only got 5 shot attempts, he was in open several times that he didn't get the ball. Vogel needs to direct an offensive plan to get the ball in the paint, or coach.
    Random comment: I have to give you props for (so far) correctly predicting that Turner wouldn't get enough opportunities here. He was 4-4 against Boston the other night and was hot early on, then we went away from him. Just 4 more shot attempts tonight. 3 shot attempts in the Houston game. 3 shot attempts in Dallas. I get that we didn't need a big game from him tonight, but the guy has shot the ball just 14 times in the last 4 games. We must get him involved. If you're going to trade a guy as popular as Granger, then you better at least use the main player you get back for him.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  28. #68
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are right. Selectively picking statistics shows that Roy played awful. If that is how you evaluate Roy's performance you are correct.

    Seeing that Roy's primary job is to protect the rim and Philadelpha was not getting shots at the rim I tend to think Roy did his job. Obviously he wasn't perfect, but overall did his job.

    I guess I don't understand why people insist on judging Roy based on points and rebounds. To me that is the equivalent of looking at George Hill's blocked shots to determine how well he played.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was solid and carried our defense as he always does. It's not his fault he only got 5 shot attempts, he was in open several times that he didn't get the ball. Vogel needs to direct an offensive plan to get the ball in the paint, or coach.

    DeAndre Jordan for the Clippers averages just as many points & blocks as Roy Hibbert, but he also averages 14 Rebs a game. I contend that rebounding on both the offensive and defensive ends is a huge part of playing defense. When you rebound, you don't have to play defense for that possession. So I can accept that When Roy challenges and blocks the shot his rebounds are affected and thus our wings have to swoop in and get those boards for us. But I cannot accept watching Roy on the offensive end not fight for rebounds. He doesn't fight for position to rebound, and he is hanging out by the free throw line trying to take jumpers. If Roy is gonna abandon his post game, then he needs to muscle up and get into the paint for rebounds.
    You know the one thing that I noticed about Bynum the other night? He got his *** into the paint early in the possession and worked for his position all game. He never once let himself get pushed out of the paint and out of position to try and go for a rebound. Not only that, but like a true center once he got the rebound, he never brought the ball down low to have it slapped away.

    Sure the Pacers are the best rebouding team in the league, but we are also a poor shooting team because our 7-2 center can't give us easy buckets on putbacks around the rim. So we could definetly be alot better, and our offensive would be a **** load more efficient if that guy actually tried to get O-Rebounds.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  30. #69
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,221

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    I have not read the entire thread yet and I may catch wrath for this but I am as frustrated as ever with George Hill. And I am a big fan of his. Tonite his 3 was off which is alright I don't expect him to be consistent at all times, but at this point I believe Mario Chalmers is a better player than him and that bothers me. I am not calling for a trade or antyhnng but more and more I am on board with having to choose between Lance or GHill hypothetically I want to keep Lance even if it meant Lance at a few mill more.

    Hill when he first arrived gave us everything we could ask for, winning attitude and experience with class organization, along with nites where he led the team in scoring and hit clutch shots. I realize this team has way more talent now but there are nites where Hill seems invisible. Im holding out hope Hill gives us what we need in the postseason and that for me now he is simply sacrificing for the greater good but to be blunt I expect more from Hill than what were getting.

    For this offense we need a knock down 3 pt shooter or someone that can play lockdown defense at the point position. dare I say it I just feel Hill has become average at both shooting (despite a solid %) and defensively (where he has off nites way too often).

    Hill eluded to it in the postgame and I realize he went heavy minutes tonite but its more overall and just the lack of assertiveness that has become the norm; but again Hill made a comment about the point guard position running through screens etc.. I just don't believe Hill is comfortable as a point guard and believes himself to be a shooting guard. as irrelevant as that may be the big picture solution may be this team needs a defensive minded point guard who can lockdown and at 8 Mill a season that should be achievable.

    again, not calling out Hill and a big fan but as as even bigger fan for the Franchise I expect more than what Hill has given. if his sole role is passing the ball to DWEST than give us lockdown defesne which he is capable of if the energy is not exerted on the offensive end.

    all im sayin is I want better defense because if he gets lit up by Mario chalmers again this postseason to quote Bird I will be "disappointed."


    * I am going to add his % should be high since most of his looks are of the open variety. one of the reasons stats and %'s are sometimes misleading. other 3pt assasains are likely to be contested and yet may shoot same%.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 03-14-2014 at 11:14 PM.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  32. #70
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,492

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know the one thing that I noticed about Bynum the other night? He got his *** into the paint early in the possession and worked for his position all game. He never once let himself get pushed out of the paint and out of position to try and go for a rebound. Not only that, but like a true center once he got the rebound, he never brought the ball down low to have it slapped away.
    Everyone talks about how Bynum lit a fire under Mahinmi's ***, but I think he's going to light one under Roy too if he can consistently play like he did the other night. He's obviously not going to take his starting job or anything, but he could show up Roy big time on the offensive end and on rebounds. He's just such a talented player.

  33. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Random comment: I have to give you props for (so far) correctly predicting that Turner wouldn't get enough opportunities here. He was 4-4 against Boston the other night and was hot early on, then we went away from him. Just 4 more shot attempts tonight. 3 shot attempts in the Houston game. 3 shot attempts in Dallas. I get that we didn't need a big game from him tonight, but the guy has shot the ball just 14 times in the last 4 games. We must get him involved. If you're going to trade a guy as popular as Granger, then you better at least use the main player you get back for him.
    Thanks. While I was against the trade, I really want to give some time to Turner to evaluate him since I never paid a lot of attention to his game in the past, but the opportunities he's getting in our offense are even worse then I thought they would be. Vogel doesn't seem to try to use him to his strengths. I don't blame Turner for his opportunities any more then I do Roy. Vogel needs to take control and dictate an offense instead of letting Paul and Lance do it. Sadly, I just don't see him changing course.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  35. #72

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there's a strong possibility we cut Scola loose and give his minutes to Lavoy next year.
    I'd be for re-signing LaVoy, Lance, and Evan. Clearing Scola, Ian, Rasual's salaries. I think we'll need Copeland.


    Copeland
    Evan
    LaVoy
    Solo
    CJ

  36. #73
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,649

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy, at 7-2, now has 3 more rebounds on the season than the 6-5 Stephenson. His defense is good, but it doesn't make up for his lack of rebounding and his lack of scoring. Of course, for that matter, you would think PG and West would out-rebound Stephenson, too.
    You've got Roy confused with somebody else. He's a full 7-2 on the defensive end. On the offensive end, he shrinks to 5-11. That's why the perimeter players can't find him with an entry pass and he has trouble getting rebounds.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  38. #74
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,221

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find LaVoy Allen minutes. Somehow, I don't care how we find them, but we need to find them.
    Agree. Like this idea more and more, esp against a Heat team that will utilize Bosh at the 3pt line. Not sure where the minutes are going to come from tho. Guessing Scola but his ceiling is too high despite the struggles to sit him. However, if Bosh is on from deep Levoy will be a nice situational player off the bench for us in the postseason.

  39. #75
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,511

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have not read the entire thread yet and I may catch wrath for this but I am as frustrated as ever with George Hill. And I am a big fan of his. Tonite his 3 was off which is alright I don't expect him to be consistent at all times, but at this point I believe Mario Chalmers is a better player than him and that bothers me. I am not calling for a trade or antyhnng but more and more I am on board with having to choose between Lance or GHill hypothetically I want to keep Lance even if it meant Lance at a few mill more.

    Hill when he first arrived gave us everything we could ask for, winning attitude and experience with class organization, along with nites where he led the team in scoring and hit clutch shots. I realize this team has way more talent now but there are nites where Hill seems invisible. Im holding out hope Hill gives us what we need in the postseason and that for me now he is simply sacrificing for the greater good but to be blunt I expect more from Hill than what were getting.

    For this offense we need a knock down 3 pt shooter or someone that can play lockdown defense at the point position. dare I say it I just feel Hill has become average at both shooting (despite a solid %) and defensively (where he has off nites way too often).

    Hill eluded to it in the postgame and I realize he went heavy minutes tonite but its more overall and just the lack of assertiveness that has become the norm; but again Hill made a comment about the point guard position running through screens etc.. I just don't believe Hill is comfortable as a point guard and believes himself to be a shooting guard. as irrelevant as that may be the big picture solution may be this team needs a defensive minded point guard who can lockdown and at 8 Mill a season that should be achievable.

    again, not calling out Hill and a big fan but as as even bigger fan for the Franchise I expect more than what Hill has given. if his sole role is passing the ball to DWEST than give us lockdown defesne which he is capable of if the energy is not exerted on the offensive end.

    all im sayin is I want better defense because if he gets lit up by Mario chalmers again this postseason to quote Bird I will be "disappointed."


    * I am going to add his % should be high since most of his looks are of the open variety. one of the reasons stats and %'s are sometimes misleading. other 3pt assasains are likely to be contested and yet may shoot same%.
    Hill shot 38% from 3, held MCW (16.7ppg) to 12 points on 5/16 shooting with 3 TO, and just narrowly missed a double-double at 14 pts/9 assists. He had the fewest turnovers in our starting unit. If that doesn't fit your requirements of knocking down 3 pointers and playing lockdown defense, you will never be happy with George Hill.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •