Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 135

Thread: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

  1. #1

    Default Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    We won but something isn't right.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,795

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    I just wish the offensive system would stop throwing the ball out of bounds.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,777

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We won but something isn't right.
    I disagree, we played much better in almost every category. The only reason Philly was in this was because of turnovers.

    Overall, I was encouraged.

    Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  6. #4
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wish the offensive system would stop throwing the ball out of bounds.
    Lack of team play after the first quarter. That's on the players, but its also on the coach. If a player isn't running the offense, then you yank their *** out of the game. Thanks for the smart *** comment though.
    @qandrews9428

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Over/under 1,000,000 times the word "turnover" will be said in the post game thread?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #6
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,237

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wish the offensive system would stop throwing the ball out of bounds.
    I just wish that the offensive system would stop trying to jack up so many 3pt shots.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Denver up 8 with 5:00 to go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #8
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    I really don't understand the Heat or the Pacers.
    @qandrews9428

  13. #9

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Roy was awful again. Yes, the other four starters had good numbers.
    All I know is, I used to look forward to every game. They were so fun to watch. They passed the ball to each other so unselfishly and just out worked the other team.
    Now I can barely stand to watch. I just check in to look at the score and watch a few possessions until I get disgusted.
    Now we just try to outscore the other team. Not necessarily stop them. The turnovers are mainly due to a lack of respect for the opponent and a lack of respect for how the game should be played. At any level you still need to pass fake, pass away from the defense, swing the ball side to side. Play inside out. The basics of basketball haven't changed much since the center jump was eliminated. Our guys think they can re-invent the game since the national media anointed them in January as the best team in the league. Larry is disappointed. Mark Boyle is disappointed. Slick is disappointed.
    Right now the Bulls, Raptors, Nets and Wizards are all playing better basketball than the Pacers. They are improving. Pacers aren't.
    Last edited by greyhound80; 03-14-2014 at 09:49 PM.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just wish that the offensive system would stop trying to jack up so many 3pt shots.
    I just wish our offensive system would make the heat lose when we win


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #11
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Paul had a very good offensive game tonight, but he frusturates me so much on defense. He turns his head constantly allowing backdoor cuts, overhelps which opens up driving lanes and eventually open 3's, and just sometimes takes poor angles when recovering or closing out. He is so athletic, but it just seems like he isn't focused at all sometimes on defense.

  17. #12
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Denver up 8 with 5:00 to go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Up 11 with 3:00 to go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #13
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,237

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over/under 1,000,000 times the word "turnover" will be said in the post game thread?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, to be fair......taking care of the ball isnt one of the strong suits of the Pacers. It allowed for the Sixers to get their foot in the door at the end of the game instead of slamming it shut on them.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #14
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,876

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Ty Lawson has some great TO's. We should sign him

  20. #15
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was awful again. Yes, the other four starters had good numbers.
    All I know is, I used to look forward to every game. They were so fun to watch. They passed the ball to each other so unselfishly and just out worked the other team.
    Now I can barely stand to watch. I just check in to look at the score and watch a few possessions until I get disgusted.
    Now we just try to outscore the other team. Not necessarily stop them. The turnovers are mainly due to a lack of respect for the opponent and a lack of respect for how the game should be played. At any level you still need to pass fake, pass away from the defense, swing the ball side to side. Play inside out. The basics of basketball haven't changed much since the center jump was eliminated. Our guys think they can re-invent the game since the national media anointed them in January as the best team in the league. Larry is disappointed. Mark Boyle is disappointed. Slick is disappointed.
    Right now the Bulls, Raptors, Nets and Wizards are all playing better basketball than the Pacers. They are improving. Pacers aren't.
    I am sorry, I don't think Roy was awful. I thought he protected the rim well. Sure he struggled in other areas, but Philly wasn't getting shots at the rim.

  21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    When he traded him Sam Hinkie literally drove Evan Turner to the airport. that cracks me up.

  23. #17
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    IDK what the hell happened but now it's a 5 point game with 2 min to go


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #18
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Find LaVoy Allen minutes. Somehow, I don't care how we find them, but we need to find them.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  26. #19

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sorry, I don't think Roy was awful. I thought he protected the rim well. Sure he struggled in other areas, but Philly wasn't getting shots at the rim.
    2 for 5 with 3 rebounds from an all star? And they had no one really to defend him did they? He did have 5 blocks which was great.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  28. #20
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Faried banks in a free-throw.
    @qandrews9428

  29. #21
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Find LaVoy Allen minutes. Somehow, I don't care how we find them, but we need to find them.
    wonder what his market'll be this summer. be nice to keep him for the minimum if/when we have to dump Ian's salary.

  30. #22
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    3 point game 1:23 left smh


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #23
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,269

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ty Lawson has some great TO's. We should sign him
    Ty Lawson is a great PG.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  33. #24
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 for 5 with 3 rebounds from an all star? And they had no one really to defend him did they? He did have 5 blocks which was great.
    You are right. Selectively picking statistics shows that Roy played awful. If that is how you evaluate Roy's performance you are correct.

    Seeing that Roy's primary job is to protect the rim and Philadelpha was not getting shots at the rim I tend to think Roy did his job. Obviously he wasn't perfect, but overall did his job.

    I guess I don't understand why people insist on judging Roy based on points and rebounds. To me that is the equivalent of looking at George Hill's blocked shots to determine how well he played.

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  35. #25
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,279
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers - 76ers 3/14 Post Game Thread

    Looks like the Nugs are gonna squeak by with a W


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •