Thread: I'm back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR... Actually, just back in the US

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I'm back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR... Actually, just back in the US

Hey everyone. I just moved back to the states from living overseas, and I'll be moving to Chicago next week. I've got a question about going to games in Chicago. Also, I don't think I ever made a thread introducing myself, so I guess this is killing two birds with one stone!

I bought tickets to the March 24th game in Chicago, and am stoked to see the Blue and Gold live for the first time since 2011. What I was wondering is how friendly the United Center is to fans wearing other team's jerseys, haha? I plan on wearing my Pacers jersey to the game, and want to avoid getting beat up. I'm going with a friend who is a Chicago native, and she'll be wearing her Bulls jersey, so I feel like I'll be spared too much ridicule, haha. Anyone ever been to a game there and worn their Jersey?

As for me, born and raised in Indianapolis, and grew up with season tickets in Market Square. Pretty much bleed Blue and Gold, and happy to have found this community when I did, albeit late by the forum's actual age. Cheers!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kmjohnson For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: I'm back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR... Actually, just back in the US

I live in the south loop -Chitown

PM if you need any advice on anything Chicago related
    Sittin on top of the world!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR... Actually, just back in the US

Born and raised in Chicago, I've been going to Pacers games at the UC my whole life and always wear a Pacers jersey. You'll be fine, certainly won't get beat up. Have fun, and feel free to PM me with any questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Mood

I guess a follow up question would be is anyone else going to the game?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kmjohnson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey everyone. I just moved back to the states from living overseas, and I'll be moving to Chicago next week. I've got a question about going to games in Chicago. Also, I don't think I ever made a thread introducing myself, so I guess this is killing two birds with one stone!

I bought tickets to the March 24th game in Chicago, and am stoked to see the Blue and Gold live for the first time since 2011. What I was wondering is how friendly the United Center is to fans wearing other team's jerseys, haha? I plan on wearing my Pacers jersey to the game, and want to avoid getting beat up. I'm going with a friend who is a Chicago native, and she'll be wearing her Bulls jersey, so I feel like I'll be spared too much ridicule, haha. Anyone ever been to a game there and worn their Jersey?

As for me, born and raised in Indianapolis, and grew up with season tickets in Market Square. Pretty much bleed Blue and Gold, and happy to have found this community when I did, albeit late by the forum's actual age. Cheers!
    Let me just say that Bulls fans in general are not the most pleasant people to deal with wearing Pacer gear...

Mood

Default I'm back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR... Actually, just back i...

I'm making the trip north to that game as well. 90's, I may shoot you a pm too.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Let me just say that Bulls fans in general are not the most pleasant people to deal with wearing Pacer gear...
    Yeah they were even annoying at the preseason game. I don't know what is it with them and there little superiority complex. I think it mostly stems from fear. They know we're better and should be good for a long time. They actually have a team to be proud of (W/ or w/o Rose) but their attitude toward Pacers fans is pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    I live in the south loop -Chitown

PM if you need any advice on anything Chicago related
    I live in the South Loop too, WOOOOOOO

Default Re: I'm back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR... Actually, just back i...

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    I'm making the trip north to that game as well. 90's, I may shoot you a pm too.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Fee free to my friend

No doubt, where abouts? Im near 16th and Wabash

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope that Pacer fans are able to turn that place into Banker's Life Fieldhouse North. They deserve it after all of these years.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    I hope that Pacer fans are able to turn that place into Banker's Life Fieldhouse North. They deserve it after all of these years.
    I was contemplating what to wear to the game... I'm not wearing a jersey as that would show underneath my Blackhawks pullover that I'll be wearing outside the UC... I was thinking maybe my ET t-shirt, but now I kind of want to make another shirt like my "Every Rose Has Its Torn" one (which I would never wear there, for obvious reasons) where I write in bold letters on a blank shirt with a Sharpie marker. I might come up with a BLF North shirt design.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    No doubt, where abouts? Im near 16th and Wabash
    Hahah, I'm on 16th and Michigan.