Thread: Regarding Ron's thumb

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Regarding Ron's thumb

The dude is a MAN...or they had him so doped up on painkilller he didn't know it NO FREAKING WAY I coulda gone out to a game like that 24-48 hrs post surgery. (well maybe 48 buts that's cutting it close.) He'd best figure out that when they say keep it elevated they mean it...the swelling gets painful. That sling is very soon to be a close buddy. I couldn't imagine not using it for the first couple weeks.
    Couple observations. They already had him in his "spika" cast not sure of the spelling. I was in surgical dressings, about 60 lbs worth, for the first 72-96 hrs and then a forearm cast for 3 weeks before they went down to the shortcast and eventually the one that just covers the thumb and wrist area.

Obviously he is getting constant care and he's in better condition that I so it will be interesting to watch his progress.
    It's kinda funny becasue I had foot surgery just before Shaq had his, so I knew what he was going thru and his timeline paralleled mine nearly exactly.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Default Re: Regarding Ron's thumb

The dude is a MAN...or they had him so doped up on painkilller he didn't know it NO FREAKING WAY I coulda gone out to a game like that 24-48 hrs post surgery. (well maybe 48 buts that's cutting it close.) He'd best figure out that when they say keep it elevated they mean it...the swelling gets painful. That sling is very soon to be a close buddy. I couldn't imagine not using it for the first couple weeks.
    Couple observations. They already had him in his "spika" cast not sure of the spelling. I was in surgical dressings, about 60 lbs worth, for the first 72-96 hrs and then a forearm cast for 3 weeks before they went down to the shortcast and eventually the one that just covers the thumb and wrist area.

Obviously he is getting constant care and he's in better condition that I so it will be interesting to watch his progress.
    It's kinda funny becasue I had foot surgery just before Shaq had his, so I knew what he was going thru and his timeline paralleled mine nearly exactly.
    That should teach you not to pick your nose and kick people in the . . . butt! <snort>

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

actually it was from pickin' my banjo and kickin' wiseguys in the .....
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I was really happy to see Ronnie on the bench last night