Thread: Long time fan, first time to watch a Pacers game live

Default Long time fan, first time to watch a Pacers game live

I've been on Pacers Digest since our Indystar days and while I don't post often, I do check the forum at least twice a day. I don't personally know any bigger Pacers fan than myself.

That probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't know any other Pacers fan here in Manila in the Philippines.

I missed the Pacers when they were here just a few months back and I missed a chance to see them in Taiwan too a couple of years back.

Now I've just confirmed that I will be able to watch the team for the very first time at the Fieldhouse on March 31 versus the Spurs.

I am incredibly incredibly excited for this and I wanted to share this with everyone on the forum.

Any tips for me?

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Buddhaboy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Long time fan, first time to watch a Pacers game live

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhaboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been on Pacers Digest since our Indystar days and while I don't post often, I do check the forum at least twice a day. I don't personally know any bigger Pacers fan than myself.

That probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't know any other Pacers fan here in Manila in the Philippines.

I missed the Pacers when they were here just a few months back and I missed a chance to see them in Taiwan too a couple of years back.

Now I've just confirmed that I will be able to watch the team for the very first time at the Fieldhouse on March 31 versus the Spurs.

I am incredibly incredibly excited for this and I wanted to share this with everyone on the forum.

Any tips for me?
    Just one--bump this thread a few days before the game. I'm sure there's a few PDers who would love to meet up with you and welcome to you to the city.

PS: You picked a hell of a game.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hope you have a great time in Indianapolis and watching the Pacers!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Just one--bump this thread a few days before the game. I'm sure there's a few PDers who would love to meet up with you and welcome to you to the city.

PS: You picked a hell of a game.

I will definitely do that.

I just want to be around rabid Pacers fan.

You have no idea what it's like to be this passionate about the team and have no one else in the city know what you are talking about. Haha.

I will definitely do that.

I just want to be around rabid Pacers fan.

You have no idea what it's like to be this passionate about the team and have no one else in the city know what you are talking about. Haha.
    Maybe somebody from Area 55 or G2 zone will swap tickets with you? Or maybe they can give your info to the Ticket rep and get you into those sections. Over the years I've noticed that the Pacers organization is pretty good about giving the international fans a great experience when they make the trip overseas to Indianapolis. There is poster on here that goes by Rob who works for the Pacers. Maybe he can be of help. Might be hard though cause that game is a sell out already.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats awesome! I hope you have a great time.

Unfortunately I've never made a game in Indiana. I had an opportunity to get tickets to Reggie's last regular season home game, but I was younger at the time and could not find anyone to take me. I hate myself for not finding a way to go to that.

I've seen the Pacers many times in Charlotte against the Hornets/Bobcats, but it is a dream to make it to a game in Indiana. I promised myself if the Pacers make the finals I would go to a game, maybe two in Indiana.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

streets ahead

Any tips for me?
    Don't miss this thread...
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...the-Fieldhouse

Enjoy your visit!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to avoidingtheclowns For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Try to get to the Fieldhouse early, so that you can do what I did when I visited for the 1st time a 2 seasons ago:

- Go to the Pacers Store....cuz seriously....you are going to spend A LOT OF TIME there getting A LOT of Pacers gear that you can only usually order online from the Phillippines.

- Somewhere on the Concourse, there is a section that they set aside to show some pictures and memorabilia dedicated to Reggie Miller from his heyday as a Pacer. For me, it was really something special to see since Reggie was the reason I became a Pacer fan.

- Hopefully they are there....but look for this guy at the Fieldhouse:

and this guy:

and take a picture with them.

- When going down to your seat....sit down and take in the Fieldhouse and all that you see there. The first time I walked in and saw the floor of the Fieldhouse, I realized that I finally made it there. It took my breath away. Take it in and enjoy, savor that moment....cuz it means that you finally made it to see the Pacers LIVE.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-14-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Rob mentioned above is RobfromPacers. Here is the link to his profile. You can private message him from there regarding your trip here and I suspect he will be happy to hear from you and he probably would try to help you out!

http://www.pacersdigest.com/member.p...-RobfromPacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congratulations! Watching the Pacers at BLF would be awesome. I hope you'll have a great time. Much more than I did back there in Manila I hope. It's surreal to see the Pacers in person man. And yes, you really picked a hell of a game. It's like hitting two birds with one stone watching two great teams.

Thanks a lot for the tip! Will message him now.

Your post made me even more excited. Still pinching myself that it will actually happen.

You're going to a game on a Friday against an elite opponent, so downtown should be pretty active before and after the game. Downtown Indianapolis is a lovely and safe area, with many restaurants and bars. There is plenty of food selection, so it really just depends on what you're looking for. After the game on a Friday night, many people will empty out into the numerous bars around the Fieldhouse, so I'd recommend doing that if it's you're thing. You'll see plenty of fellow fans sporting their merch.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Your post made me even more excited. Still pinching myself that it will actually happen.
    I am always amazed how many Asian fans I see at the games in BLF.

I am curious, when and how did you become a Pacers fan? How do you watch games? What happens when you try to talk NBA with friends/family?

BTW, I was able to visit your country (Subic/Clark) while I was working for a DOD contractor. We had many of your countrymen/women working with us. Nice, friendly people.

Have fun.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

Buddhaboy-

My name is Dave, and I am in Area 55. Did you hear from Rob? I communicated with him, and he wants to know how many people you will have with you at the game. How many tickets do you need? Let's make this happen!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have this exact same problem here in England, it is really frustrating at times. Looking to go visit Indianapolis next season for the first time so interested to see how this goes for you as I'll be doing the same thing more or less.
    Pacers fan since April 9th 2004 - New Jersey 80 Indiana 90.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eamer View Post
    I have this exact same problem here in England, it is really frustrating at times. Looking to go visit Indianapolis next season for the first time so interested to see how this goes for you as I'll be doing the same thing more or less.
    I'll be in London for the World Science Fiction Convention in August (with a side trip to the Great British Beer Festival). Might be interesting to have a little PD gathering there if possible.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I'll be in London for the World Science Fiction Convention in August (with a side trip to the Great British Beer Festival). Might be interesting to have a little PD gathering there if possible.
    I live about two hours away from London. If there are any more into that idea then I'll certainly look into it at least. Can give me some tips on what to expect when I look to go to Indianapolis a couple of months later then too.
    Pacers fan since April 9th 2004 - New Jersey 80 Indiana 90.

Just arrived in Indy!

Stoked to see the game!

Oh and if any of you are into improv, I am also doing a show tomorrow at the Indyfringe at 4pm while I am here. Some members of my group are with me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now I've just confirmed that I will be able to watch the team for the very first timer at the Fieldhouse on March 31 versus the Spurs.

Any tips for me?
    I just caught the heat pacers game, my first to Indy. My advice to a first time like myself

If the doors open at 5 be there at 445 the latest lol, get to the front of the line and get in, there's tons of stuff to do, it will keep you occupied.

Lids at the mall close to Lucas oil stadium has buy one get one half off on pacer gear, as an out of Townes this is heaven, stack up!!!!

Buy all your snacks before the game so you don't have to miss anythingggggggg, every time out something amazing happens.

Get loud be happy, lose your voice! That's our job, be sure to help your team win and get your money's worth.

Before the game starts go down to court side and watch the guys warm up, it's amazing how huge those guys are.

Your hotel may have a shuttle to the game, be sure to ask
    Impossible Is Nothing

great to have you at BLF!
    "We want Miami"

On my way to the Fieldhouse!!!!!

Am in 103!