Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 2014 Indiana Fever Thread

Default Re: 2014 Indiana Fever Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to think the Fever could have put up a bigger fight. With Griner nullifying Syl and EDD hobbled, it falls on the shoulders of the mercurial Epiphanny Prince and a collection of role players. Just not enough to hang with the star-studded Mercury lineup. Quigley's 24 points in 25 minutes outburst in Game 3 of the ECF was the worst thing to happen to the Finals this year. Not saying the Fever would win, but I don't think they would fall down by 30 points.
    If EDD was healthy, Chicago would have probably been the only team that could really give Phoenix a fight in the East. With Catch pulling out of the Worlds because of injuries, I don't know how well Indiana really could have done. (They just can't score enough.)

But at the end of the day, even Minnesota was blown out two out of the three games. I mean really, Phoenix has the closest thing the WNBA will ever see to Kareem and Magic in Taurasi and Griner. (Who I believe are two out of the top 3 players in the league) A great coach, and their role players are all stars. A lot has been said about their bench not being great, but Indiana fans know more than anyone that Erin is pretty darn valuable. Mistie has shown a lot of energy off the bench too. And the others have been good in spurts..(although it's really better for the team to not go more than seven deep.)

So long as Phoenix stays healthy, they'll be tough to beat.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post: