Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 80 of 80

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post-Game Thread - 3/11

  1. #76
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post-Game Thread - 3/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will we get a Bynum Report? Given his temperament, combined with his game, it could be hilarious.
    I was thinking about doing something for him, maybe a 'Bowling for Bynum Column'. Though it might be in a pretty different spirit from the Ian Report, though that actually got a little too serious over time (kind of as the wins became slightly less plentiful). I think the motivation for the Ian Report was that a fairly entertaining personality was unappreciated due to his offensive inabilities and overall role. Considering Andrew's Wilt-like offensive potential, it's hard to see him being underappreciated, unless he continually plays poorly.

    I may do it, we'll see; watching a specific player certainly keeps the game more interesting, especially with a team that isn't never dull.


    Bills, I understand the distinction you are making. I just didn't see the difference that some others did. IMO, Ian has been the most consistent player this year, though that is mostly a function of his role. Mahinmi's offense is mostly incidental, and I think the perception of his play is at times a function of the overall performance of the bench. I can acknowedge that others feel differently, and it's all good.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    465
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post-Game Thread - 3/11

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This must be one of the worst officiating crews in the league.
    I disagree. The Houston game had me disgusted with how it was officiated. And I'm not just saying that because we got blown out. The no-calls on the traveling was pathetic....the 3 consecutive offensive fouls where 2 looked like straight flopping had me ready to punch my tv.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post-Game Thread - 3/11

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. The Houston game had me disgusted with how it was officiated. And I'm not just saying that because we got blown out. The no-calls on the traveling was pathetic....the 3 consecutive offensive fouls where 2 looked like straight flopping had me ready to punch my tv.
    Tony Brothers will do that. He's the Anti-Spooner. Consistent, but consistently BAD.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  6. #79
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post-Game Thread - 3/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tony Brothers will do that. He's the Anti-Spooner. Consistent, but consistently BAD.
    You seem to know a whole lot about officiating crews. Which is your favorite, least favorite etc?
    @qandrews9428

  7. #80
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,952

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post-Game Thread - 3/11

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still don't understand why Roy looks like Hakeem against the Heat, but becomes invisible offensively against almost every other team. Either we aren't featuring him in the offense enough, or he's become way too passive.
    It could be both but I'm leaning more towards the first option.

    Roy averaged 15.1 FGA in the Miami series -> http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...13/roy-hibbert

    Do you know how many times Roy has attempted 15 or more shots in a game? Only 4 times. It happened in our first game against Brooklyn in November (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...311090BRK.html), in our game against the Clippers in LA in December (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...312010LAC.html), in our first game against Miami in December (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...312100IND.html) and in our game against Phoenix in Indiana in January (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...401300IND.html).

    He has shot 34/65 in those cases which is a respectable 52.3%.

    Roy tends to produce offensively when he gets enough touches. The problem is that he doesn't get enough touches consistently.

    Now, why does that happen? Well, that's a very interesting question and I'm sure that there are plenty theories out there for that.

    I think that Roy doesn't go all out offensively in the regular season. He will give it his all defensively in every single game but offensively he will save himself for the playoffs. That's my opinion, at least.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •