Thread: Michael Rapaport's NY Knicks flick to open 2014 Tribeca/ESPN Sports film festival

Default Michael Rapaport's NY Knicks flick to open 2014 Tribeca/ESPN Sports film festival

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-knicks-688312

Michael Rapaport's New York Knicks Flick to Open 2014 Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival

The Tribeca Film Festival unveiled on Thursday the lineup for the eighth annual Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival, which spotlights independent films about sports and competition. The program includes feature and short films, an outdoor screening, special conversations, and an ESPN Films 30 for 30 program on soccer. The 2014 Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival will run during TFF, taking place April 16-27 in New York City.

The world premiere of the 30 for 30 documentary When the Garden Was Eden will open the program on Thursday, April 17. In the film, Michael Rapaport focuses on the glory days of the Knicks championship teams of the early '70s and their larger impact through a series of interviews with storied figures such as Walt "Clyde" Frazier, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Bill Bradley and Phil Jackson.
    "The best sports stories have the mythology, complexity and stakes that extend beyond extraordinary athleticism, making for great films. These stories have fueled the huge success of the Tribeca/ESPN sports film festival by bringing sports fans and moviegoers together over the last eight years," said Genna Terranova, Tribeca Film Festival director of programming. "Rappaport's When the Garden Was Eden is a perfect example of a winning start to this year's inspiring slate."
    "When The Garden Was Eden gives us an inside look at the captivating era when the New York Knicks were in their prime," said ESPN Films director of development Libby Geist. "Premiering the film at the Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival in the heart of New York City, with Michael Rapaport directing, couldn't be more perfect."

Says Rapaport, "As a native New Yorker and lifelong Knicks fan it was an honor to explore the Championship New York Knick teams. Those players have been a part of my vocabulary since I was a child…Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe and Willis Reed are icons of New York city and it's been a privilege to be a part of re-telling the Knicks story. I also have at times been in awe and tears with the 30 for 30 series and being a filmmaker who has gotten a chance to tell a story for such a great body of films is a great honor…I could not be more excited for our film to premiere right in the center of New York City at the Tribeca Film Festival."

Default Re: Michael Rapaport's NY Knicks flick to open 2014 Tribeca/ESPN Sports film festival

There was a movie he made several years ago where he was a mentally ill man and thought he was a super hero. Looked like a really interesting movie, but I've never been able to find it anywhere. It was called "Special" I bet its on itunes now though.

Then Rain Wilson made a hilarious movie that sort of went along the same lines. SHUT UP CRIME!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Michael Rapaport's NY Knicks flick to open 2014 Tribeca/ESPN Sports film festival

Man, I used to love Boston Public. I miss that show!

I sometimes watched Boston Public but I remember him most as Phoebe's boyfriend Gary on Friends.

That "Super" movie has been made at least three times in the last few years: Super, Special & Defendor. I prefer Defendor, personally.