Thread: Colts sign free agent DE Arthur Jones

Exclamation Colts sign free agent DE Arthur Jones

I like having a thread for each major Colts signing. Hope ya'll don't mind.

Jones, 6-3, 315 pounds, totaled 118 tackles (66 solo), 8.5 sacks and one forced fumble in 46 career games (20 starts) for the Baltimore Ravens over the past four seasons. In six postseason games (two starts), he recorded 10 tackles (five solo), 1.0 sack and two fumble recoveries.

In 2013, Jones started a career-high 13 games and registered a career-high 53 tackles (27 solo) and 4.0 sacks. He was part of a defense that ranked fourth in the AFC in rushing yards allowed and sixth in total yards allowed. In 2012, he played in all 16 games (six starts) for the first time in his career and tallied 47 tackles (27 solo), a career-high 4.5 sacks and one forced fumble. He set a personal best with 2.0 sacks in Week 12 at San Diego and recorded 1.5 sacks two weeks later at Washington in Week 14. In the Ravens’ Super Bowl XLVII victory over the San Francisco 49ers, Jones contributed with two solo tackles, 1.0 sack and one fumble recovery.
    http://blogs.colts.com/
    Last edited by Strummer; 03-11-2014 at 05:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Colts sign free agent DE Arthur Jones

Some Stephen Holder tweets:

Just got off the phone with new #Colts DL Arthur Jones and I like the guy already. Great personality. And let me tell you: He is READY.

Asked him where on DL he would play: Jones said: "I come as a humble servant. I'll play wherever they want me too." Knows the D inside out

Arthur Jones said earlier that he can't wait to work with Cory Redding. C-Red was a mentor him in Baltimore. Jones calls him "Big Head Red."

Just browsing around it seems this signing is getting some decent love by media experts. At least the Colts haven't been boring in the off season.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I like this signing by the Colts the best.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just browsing around it seems this signing is getting some decent love by media experts. At least the Colts haven't been boring in the off season.
    There was speculation he would have been a good sign last year, it should be a safe signing unless injuries strike.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Wow, his younger brother is MMA superstar Jon Jones. Other younger brother, Chandler, plays for the Patriots.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, his is a famous family.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I absolutely love this signing, Jones is a force in run defense and a pretty good pass rusher as well. He's gonna be our best defensive lineman next year and draw a lot of doubles, I have little doubt about that.

RJF really didn't have a bad year last year when he was healthy, 19 tackles and 2.5 sacks in only 10 games is not bad at all for a 3-4 d lineman. So I am pretty excited about this group now, we should have a nice rotation.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Mood

One of my favorite offseason signings so far. Everyone is begging for that high profile OL signing but I don't think we are as bad as everyone thinks in the O-line department. Maybe spending our 2nd round pick on an o-lineman letting Costa have a go at it and continue to develop our youth at that position might help better. The O-line develops better off of continuity than any other unit on a football team. I understand that we do have some sub-par players in that area but we do have some young building blocks there too. Bring in a lower profile player rather than Mack and let them gel together.