Thread: Trade James Keep Rhodes

BeastoftheEast

Exclamation Trade James Keep Rhodes

If we trade James for Surtain it will definatly improves the secondary. I think we hould resign Rhodes he can be a starting running back his salary is only $394,600 even though we would have to raise it if he gets to be a starter. He did have 1100+ rushin yards in 2001 when James was hurt?!

Default Re: Trade James Keep Rhodes

No way in hell do we get rid of Edge. Many don't realize that the offense is only good because we can play the PA pass. And that starts and ends with the RB. Frankly no one is worried about Rhodes. Keeping James is important.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Peyton is so good wih the PA, that teams would even bite when we'd have Jim Finn as RB. But I think the other teams were just hoping to get the fumble recovery...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I really hope you guys trade Edge for Surtain, I will help Edge move his stuff down to Miami.

I'm hearing alot of talk that the Colts will not tag Edge and will go after Michael Bennet

I could care less where he goes I'm not a Dolphins fan, I know the Titans dont need a RB so I dont care.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We can't simply dump Edge and plug anyone off the street in there.
    No, just just anybody off the street, but the Broncos have proven that it IS possible to plug different running backs into a successful SYSTEM and get the same results.

I think the RB position is one where, if the offense is solid to begin with, especially the OL, then it's possible to have success running the ball with many different RB's.

Here's something else to factor in from the year Rhodes stepped in for Edgerrin...... Edgerrin got hurt in the 6th game, so Rhodes started 10 games that year gaining 1,104 yards at 4.7 yards per carry along with 9 TD's. His career average per carry is also 4.7. Edgerrin was averaging 4.4 yards per carry before he got hurt that year.

Edgerrin has never averaged over 4.6 yards per carry in any year. His career average is 4.2.

Now, I'm not trying to make the argument that Rhodes is better than James, but I AM saying that it is possible to plug someone else into the position and have good results. As a matter of fact, Rhodes was more effective over the course of those 10 games than Edgerrin has been, at least in terms of yards per carry.

I think the benefit that would be gained by using Edgerrin's salary spot for much needed defense would far outweigh anything lost by him leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I don't much care for Edge, but I don't see a number of replacements out there that can keep us at the same level next year.
    That "same level" includes a defense that isn't getting the job done. I'd rather take my chances with our offense "absorbing" a RB and adding to a defense that needs help.

Well, there's no doubt the coaching staff froze up in the New England game. I have to include Peyton, as well.

What a wimpy, scared offense they were that day!

Are you talking specifically about our defensive coaches?