Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about Mahinmi playing instead of Scola when Bynum is ready to play

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: How about Mahinmi playing instead of Scola when Bynum is ready to play

We Ned an energy guy in the frontcourt. West, Scola, Hibbert, Bynum are not energy guys. Ian could be, but hasn't really shown it. I think Allen could be that guy. A disrupter. Like Tyler was. Someone to get the other team rattled.

Default Re: How about Mahinmi playing instead of Scola when Bynum is ready to play

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you mean so Ian doesn't have to flip back and forth between forward and center?
    there would be less disruption if Ian and Bynum basically alternate games at back-up center. Instead of Ian playing backup center when Bynum cannot play, and then moving over to backup power forward when Bynum can play

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't like the idea as much as some, not totally against it, but would give Allen the minutes at pf before Mahinmi, and that has very little to do with Mahinmi's play cause ive been backing the guy for the last 30 some games.

If were going 3-2 zone vs Miami than I would definitely be alright with Bynum/Mahinmi. Its really a shock to me more teams do not play zone's vs MIA. 2-3 would not work w/ the 3pt shooters they got, but a wider 3-2 would cover the 3's, shut down the lane, and with our bigs rebounding well we could get away with it more than other teams.

I am on board with giving Scola rest, but at this point in the season were plyaing the upper tier and not sure its the time to tweek the rotations.

between cope/allen/mahinmi I go allen for now. cope is all offense and no D, mahnimi all D, no offense, allen is somewhere in between. can D up (apparently from philly days on KG), and can hit the mid range shot.

to keep Bynum effective vs doubles mahinmi would be worthless. sorry I back mahnimi all the way but he cannot hit jump shots. in fact its painful to watch anytime he attempts to score outside the paint. in order to keep Bynum effective because he passes well out of double teams we need a PF who can hit that free throw jumper.

Mood

Ian has been playing well for us for the most part all year so I would like to see him out there when it is time, but I can see scenarios of rotating our bigs to play the 4 and five so we can have a bigger line-up with them out there at the same time.

So let's see... Ian is hurt, Bynum is out, (who didn't see that coming) and Scola was the leading scorer the other night... hmmm.
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.