Thread: Anybody Meet Or Know Ed Sorenson?(know the story of his departure?)

Default Anybody Meet Or Know Ed Sorenson?(know the story of his departure?)

Ed used to be one of my fav sportscasters when he was on, but it's like he fell off the face of the Earth. I know he was spotted at the Pacer game. Anybody know the real guy? I've heard everything from he's a total a**hole to he's one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. One of the guys from Query and Shultz(1260 WNDE) was talking about Ed today and said Ed would do anything to help an aspiring broadcaster out. Letting him come down to WRTV at any time and even demanding WRTV hire an up and comer that Ed wanted hired in order for Ed to sign a new contract.

Seems so weird for Ed to just walk away and disappear just because WRTV wouldn't meet his minor demands to renew his contract. He told his understudy(either Query or Shultz) not to try and find him. Such a mystery that Ed Sorenson. Anybody know anything else or have any personal contact?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Anybody Meet Or Know Ed Sorenson?(know the story of his departure?)

By the way, I missed the interview with Sorenson on the Pacer broadcast. What did they ask him for those of you that saw it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I remember right, the story is that he left Channel 6 and Indianapolis as whole to move his family to Arizona to take care of his father in law.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I remember him and never really liked him too much. But there was a lot of drama at WRTV channel 6 at the time. With Clyde Lee and Diane Willis. Although I think they were number 1 at the time. Since then they have been a distant 3rd for over a decade

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

here is some history of WRTV news.

http://www.ibj.com/instability-has-t.../article/22475

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Bueller .....Bueller......c'mon.....help me out. I saw several people comment on Sorenson looking rough so I know some of you saw the halftime interview. What did they ask him? If it was a little bit of nothing just say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember him and never really liked him too much. But there was a lot of drama at WRTV channel 6 at the time. With Clyde Lee and Diane Willis. Although I think they were number 1 at the time. Since then they have been a distant 3rd for over a decade
    Looks like they should have agreed to Ed's terms. Maybe they wouldn't still be 3rd? Hmmmmm.....

I didn't see an interview, but I saw him in the crowd at the game, and he was pointed out by Chris/Quinn.

I had connections at WRTV, but their staff had a huge overhaul in the past ten years. I've only heard third person rumors about Ed, but I have first and second-hand experience with their other sportscasters, and I've personally seen sportscasters go way out of their way to help out newcomers like described about Ed. There were some golden people at WRTV, but there were also some total ********.

As far as Ed goes, seeing his condition at the Dallas game confirms the rumors I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I didn't see an interview, but I saw him in the crowd at the game, and he was pointed out by Chris/Quinn.

I had connections at WRTV, but their staff had a huge overhaul in the past ten years. I've only heard third person rumors about Ed, but I have first and second-hand experience with their other sportscasters, and I've personally seen sportscasters go way out of their way to help out newcomers like described about Ed. There were some golden people at WRTV, but there were also some total ********.

As far as Ed goes, seeing his condition at the Dallas game confirms the rumors I heard.
    Seeing his condition? Drugs or alcohol back when he was at WRTV? That also seems to contradict his intern's claim that Ed used to run 10 miles a day before going to work and was in excellent shape. Mysterious indeed.

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Thanks. I thought they actually interviewed him during the telecast which was not the case obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Seeing his condition? Drugs or alcohol back when he was at WRTV? That also seems to contradict his intern's claim that Ed used to run 10 miles a day before going to work and was in excellent shape. Mysterious indeed.
    well, let's remember that ed was last on wrtv almost 15 years ago so he has aged since then. and who knows, maybe he did have some drug/alcohol issues and still ran 10 miles or so a day i mean many pro athletes have had substance abuse issues so being into something doesn't automatically mean one doesn't exercise.
    that haircut also makes him look older i think.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Per Jake Query's Twitter,

Ed Sorenson is about to return to TV in Waco, Texas:

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Per Jake Query's Twitter,

Ed Sorenson is about to return to TV in Waco, Texas:

Good for him. I hope he is doing well.