View Poll Results: Do we reach 60 Wins?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 81.63%
  • No

9 18.37%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The point is over that stretch we couldn't play .700 ball. So why would that change now as our schedule gets comparatively harder?

Why is it that starting today we are suddenly going to just mystically be better than we were for the last 2 months?

We were playing exactly .700 ball in 2014 before this 3 game slide. Also, to win 60, we won't need to play .700 ball over the last 20. Including the slide, we have played at a nearly 66% winning percentage in 2014. If we play at that pace over the last 20, we'll take 13.2 games, haha. I think we are capable of righting the ship at least a bit to turn that into 14 wins. I'm comfortable predicting 60 wins.
    Last edited by kmjohnson; 03-09-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Typo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmjohnson For This Useful Post:

The point is over that stretch we couldn't play .700 ball. So why would that change now as our schedule gets comparatively harder?

Why is it that starting today we are suddenly going to just mystically be better than we were for the last 2 months?
    because we are a good enough team to do that

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    W-L since January 1st:

Pacers: 21-11
    Heat: 19-9
    Thunder: 21-10
    Spurs: 21-9
    Yeah, but still.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I don't think people truly understand that the only team to win 70-plus games in a season had:

-The best player of all time
    -The most successful coach of all time
    -The best 3 point shooter of all time
    -One of the best rebounders of all time
    -One of the best perimeter defenders of all time

Then the next year, they won the SECOND most games in NBA history.
    Wow; I guess I forgot they followed up 72 wins with 69. Incredible.

So i am still seeing alot of if you ignore of our losses we have a better record.

So i am still seeing alot of if you ignore of our losses we have a better record.
    Genuinely confused what you mean here. I went back and counted again 11 losses since January first. Am I missing a loss somewhere?

I think the reason someone said 10 losses on page 1 was that most sites hadn't updated and added the Rockets loss yet. I know Basketball Reference hadn't when I was looking yesterday.

We could be 59-0 and OP wouldn't predict a 60 win season. I wish the ignore feature would ignore threads too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

lets get 50 first
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    We could be 59-0 and OP wouldn't predict a 60 win season. I wish the ignore feature would ignore threads too.
    I think it's actually probably the opposite in that he thought at the beginning of the season we had a chance to win seventy games and it threw his expectations way out of whack. Now that we're not the powerhouse he perceived us to be he's swung really far back in the other direction.

I think it's actually probably the opposite in that he thought at the beginning of the season we had a chance to win seventy games and it threw his expectations way out of whack. Now that we're not the powerhouse he perceived us to be he's swung really far back in the other direction.
    No I can just do basic math. We now have to play better than .700 ball the rest of the season. Something we haven't done in month. With a fairly difficult schedule.

And I have yet to see one person mention 1 reason why we are suddenly going to start playing better.

We are what 21-12 in 2014. Thats a .636. People are expecting us to suddenly go 14-5 which is .736.

So we have to somehow start playing better. And im sorry but the team is not about to do that with the Bulls and Heat twice more this season. The Thunder and Spurs still on the slate, even if they are at home.
    Last edited by Mad-Mad-Mario; 03-09-2014 at 09:46 PM.

I meant more that your hyper negativity comes from you expecting too much at the beginning of the season. I said on page one I'm not sure we reach 60, probably end up with around 58 to 62.

I meant more that your hyper negativity comes from you expecting too much at the beginning of the season. I said on page one I'm not sure we reach 60, probably end up with around 58 to 62.
    Im not hyper negative. I am just realistic. It is NOT realistic we get to 60 wins anymore. It just isn't. The lack of being delusional is not negativity. And as I recall I said numerous times lets wait till we reach 50 before we starting talking about 70 wins

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At this point I project we'll win exactly 60. But we can't have any more "bad" losses.

Im not hyper negative. I am just realistic. It is NOT realistic we get to 60 wins anymore. It just isn't. The lack of being delusional is not negativity. And as I recall I said numerous times lets wait till we reach 50 before we starting talking about 70 wins
    You may not mean to be negative, but that's how it comes across.

We probably have about the same expectations for the Pacers (upset loss to Bulls or Raptors in second or loss to Heat in the ECF), so I don't see you as all that more realistic than 90% of the people on this board.

You may not mean to be negative, but that's how it comes across.

We probably have about the same expectations for the Pacers (upset loss to Bulls or Raptors in second or loss to Heat in the ECF), so I don't see you as all that more realistic than 90% of the people on this board.
    Well when over 80% of this board still thinks this team is winning 60 games still, there is a large amount of unrealistic expectations. Its just not mathematically realistic. Assuming we split our games with the Elite Teams we still have to play, as well as the Bulls. We can only afford 2 bad losses in that mix. And we play some decent teams other than them Toronto and Memphis. Thats 8 of our next 19 games. For the most part.

So even if we win 5 against, the Heat, Heat, Bulls, Bulls, Thunder, Spurs, Raptors and Grizzlies. We would still have to go 9-2 against the piddling weak teams left on our schedule. And we have not been playing that well lately.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well when over 80% of this board still thinks this team is winning 60 games still, there is a large amount of unrealistic expectations. Its just not mathematically realistic. Assuming we split our games with the Elite Teams we still have to play, as well as the Bulls. We can only afford 2 bad losses in that mix. And we play some decent teams other than them Toronto and Memphis. Thats 8 of our next 19 games. For the most part.

So even if we win 5 against, the Heat, Heat, Bulls, Bulls, Thunder, Spurs, Raptors and Grizzlies. We would still have to go 9-2 against the piddling weak teams left on our schedule. And we have not been playing that well lately.
    14-5 is still a possibility. It all depends on whether or not they can rediscover their defensive identity. Even if they just stop getting beat so badly in transition and stop the 4-5 unforced turnovers (traveling, offensive fouls, bad passes) they've been commiting the past 10 games or so, they'll be good again.

They must view these next 5 games as must wins. If they can win each of them and re-establish their good defense, they'll be sharper and more ready to face off against the playoff teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Yeah, if the Pacers win the next five (which they should), then we're just looking at a 9-5 finish, which I think is realistic.

I have them going 13-6 the last 19, that will get them to 60. Heat would have to go 17-4 to finish with 61 wins, assuming they beat the Wiz at home tonight. I think both of those things are pretty possible.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who cares? The objective, stated by this team, was HCA. Not 60 wins. 60 wins isn't out of the question either. But if we don't, I don't really care.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

If we lose to the Celtics tomorrow night I will have to change my vote. No

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Who cares? The objective, stated by this team, was HCA. Not 60 wins. 60 wins isn't out of the question either. But if we don't, I don't really care.
    It might be pertinent, I think you have to get to 60 to have Home court advantage. We'll see, alot of basketball left to be played. Anyone know what the record is Vs. Miami? Is it 1-1. If so, we only play them 2 more times, if they split whats the 2nd tie breaker?

Since they're in different divisions, I think the second tie breaker is against teams in the same conference.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I predict 60 wins.

For OKC.

For the Pacers, 58 wins seems right at this point, but only if Vogel lengthens the rotation back out to 10.

I'm not sure if we'll get 60 wins, but we'll be the #1 seed. We will beat Miami both times the rest of the year and i can see PG coming out with anger and determination these next few games
    Smothered Chicken!

Jeez i dont think any of us thought it could have got this bad.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post: