View Poll Results: Do we reach 60 Wins?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    40 81.63%
  • No

    9 18.37%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

  1. #1

    Default Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    I asked this a few weeks ago. I of course was mocked and basically accused of panicking. But I am going to ask it again.

    We are 46-16. Need to go 14-6 over our remaining schedule.

    So who thinks we are going to do it?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    62-20, guys we struggled last year and lost 3 in a row at one point, OKC has done it at one point as well this year I believe, why are we panicking and acting like we are doomed the rest of the year?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,164
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  6. #4

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    62-20, guys we struggled last year and lost 3 in a row at one point, OKC has done it at one point as well this year I believe, why are we panicking and acting like we are doomed the rest of the year?
    Heat also lost three in a row this year.

    I think we'll finish with around 58-62 wins.

  7. #5

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heat also lost three in a row this year.

    I think we'll finish with around 58-62 wins.
    thank you, I find it funny how people act like we are already doomed this year

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  9. #6

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    The Heat were coasting when they lost their 3 in a row. We may be coasting as well. Its just the not the time for coasting.

    We haven't be playing .700 level ball in quite some time. This calendar year I don't think our record is .700. I a little surprised people expect us to right the ship that drastically. I haven't seen anything about this team that shows they are that emotionally tough.
    Last edited by Mad-Mad-Mario; 03-08-2014 at 10:09 PM.

  10. #7
    Member Fo11ower91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    87
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    I'm guessing 57-25 because we have been in a severe slump and I don't see us getting out of it.

  11. #8

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat were coasting when they lost their 3 in a row. We may be coasting as well. Its just the not the time for coasting.

    We haven't be playing .700 level ball in quite some time. This calendar year I don't think our record is .700. I a little surprised people expect us to right the ship that drastically. I haven't seen anything about this team that shows they are that emotionally tough.
    Probably because a slump like this isnt that uncommon... especially with the start we got out to

  12. #9

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because a slump like this isnt that uncommon... especially with the start we got out to
    2 1/4 months is not a slump

  13. #10
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,633

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 1/4 months is not a slump
    They've been playing poorly over the last 10 games not 2 1/4 months. Even during that time frame, they had a 5 game win streak. Let's not get too carried away. They next 6 games are winnable games. A win against the Mavericks would be a great place to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  15. #11

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've been playing poorly over the last 10 games not 2 1/4 months. Even during that time frame, they had a 5 game win streak. Let's not get too carried away. They next 6 games are winnable games. A win against the Mavericks would be a great place to start.
    No they have been playing poorly since the first of the year. They just got away with it, because their schedule was almost all cupcakes. Don't got that now. Heat and Bulls Twice. Spurs, Thunder and Mavs. Thats 7 Tough games. And I haven't even looked at the remaining schedule.

  16. #12

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they have been playing poorly since the first of the year. They just got away with it, because their schedule was almost all cupcakes. Don't got that now. Heat and Bulls Twice. Spurs, Thunder and Mavs. Thats 7 Tough games. And I haven't even looked at the remaining schedule.
    We have gone 21-10 since the start of the new year with wins over Golden State, Clippers, and Portland.... That doesn't exactly say we've been playing poorly. So until our current 3 game losing streak, we were 21-7..
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 03-08-2014 at 10:41 PM.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,181
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    No offence to the OP but these threads seem to always jinx our team.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  19. #14

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have gone 21-10 since the start of the new year with wins over Golden State, Clippers, and Portland.... That doesn't exactly say we've been playing poorly. So until our current 3 game losing streak, we were 21-7..
    We were 10-5 in January
    We were 9-3 in February
    We are 2-3 in March

    So we were 21-8. But hey if we can just ignore losses. Why don't we just ignore all 16. So yes I suppose if we ignore some of our losses we are playing above .700 basketball.

  20. #15

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were 10-5 in January
    We were 9-3 in February
    We are 2-3 in March

    So we were 21-8. But hey if we can just ignore losses. Why don't we just ignore all 16. So yes I suppose if we ignore some of our losses we are playing above .700 basketball.
    I dont see your point... we played ok in January, pretty good in February, and are struggling in March

  21. #16

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No they have been playing poorly since the first of the year.
    W-L since January 1st:

    Pacers: 21-11
    Heat: 19-9
    Thunder: 21-10
    Spurs: 21-9
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 03-08-2014 at 11:59 PM.

  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  23. #17

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Indiana just has to get healthy and re-energized. I liked Lance playing 29 minutes Friday. That's what he should play. We need our starters rested and re-energized for the playoffs.

  24. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    I'm not going to bump the 70 wins thread, but...yeah.

    This is why winning 70 is damn near possible. It just takes one small slump and suddenly winning 60 seems really tough.

    Whatever the number is, it just needs to be more than Miami. That's all. If that means 59, so be it.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  26. #19

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont see your point... we played ok in January, pretty good in February, and are struggling in March
    The point is over that stretch we couldn't play .700 ball. So why would that change now as our schedule gets comparatively harder?

    Why is it that starting today we are suddenly going to just mystically be better than we were for the last 2 months?

  27. #20
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat were coasting when they lost their 3 in a row. We may be coasting as well. Its just the not the time for coasting.
    The Heat have lost their last 2 games. Are they coasting right now? Will every Miami loss be attributed to "coasting" from now on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't seen anything about this team that shows they are that emotionally tough.
    How about the fact that we have only lost 2 consecutive games twice in the whole season?

    Look, I agree that the last 2 games were awful. I am worried that something could be wrong as well. But let's not allow the last two games to discredit how well this team has played from the start of the season and right up until this Wednesday.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  29. #21
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    W-L since January 1st:

    Pacers: 21-11
    Heat: 19-9
    Thunder: 21-10
    Spurs: 21-9
    /end thread
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #22
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not going to bump the 70 wins thread, but...yeah.

    This is why winning 70 is damn near possible. It just takes one small slump and suddenly winning 60 seems really tough.
    Exactly. No team is ever going to win 70 games again. No team is even gonna care enough to try it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  33. #23

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. No team is ever going to win 70 games again. No team is even gonna care enough to try it.
    I don't think people truly understand that the only team to win 70-plus games in a season had:

    -The best player of all time
    -The most successful coach of all time
    -The best 3 point shooter of all time
    -One of the best rebounders of all time
    -One of the best perimeter defenders of all time

    Then the next year, they won the SECOND most games in NBA history.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think people truly understand that the only team to win 70-plus games in a season had:

    -The best player of all time
    -The most successful coach of all time
    -The best 3 point shooter of all time
    -One of the best rebounders of all time
    -One of the best perimeter defenders of all time

    Then the next year, they won the SECOND most games in NBA history.
    Exactly. Simply put, those Bulls were legendary. No one is going to come close to that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  36. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,069

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is anybody still willing to predict 60 Wins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. No team is ever going to win 70 games again. No team is even gonna care enough to try it.
    I don't think "caring" enters into it. There simply won't be a team both talented enough and mentally locked in enough to pull it off.

    It took the greatest player and most obsessive winner of all time leading a team with three hall of famers in a watered down league to do that once. The next year they had a slightly better roster and the same competitive drive, and fell short under the exact same conditions.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •