Thread: Well Kept Secret at the Fieldhouse

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Well Kept Secret at the Fieldhouse

I've been to plenty of Pacer games in the past, but I just learned this last night against Golden State. For all of you people who like getting things signed by famous people, this is for you. I know this isn't discussion worthy, and might not even deserve it's own thread, but I think many of you will appreciate this and might try it out at the next home game you go to.

Larry Legend usually sits near one of the corners close to court-side. If you wait near the court entrance where Larry sits (for me, this was the corner where they have the restaurant, where you can see the players enter the court), the security guys will let you know when you can go ask Larry to sign your ticket. Keep in mind, you can only do this during a full time out. Just tell the guys in the green jackets that you want Larry to sign your ticket, and then they'll let you know when you can go near him. Since he was sitting on the edge of the seating section, I just handed my ticket up to him, he took it, signed it, and handed it back. Plus, on my way back to my seat, I got to walk directly behind the Pacers bench.

I feel like this is a really cool thing to experience at Bankers Life, and wanted to share it with PD. Especially those here with kids, it'll be something cool they can experience.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Well Kept Secret at the Fieldhouse

Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been to plenty of Pacer games in the past, but I just learned this last night against Golden State. For all of you people who like getting things signed by famous people, this is for you. I know this isn't discussion worthy, and might not even deserve it's own thread, but I think many of you will appreciate this and might try it out at the next home game you go to.

Larry Legend usually sits near one of the corners close to court-side. If you wait near the court entrance where Larry sits (for me, this was the corner where they have the restaurant, where you can see the players enter the court), the security guys will let you know when you can go ask Larry to sign your ticket. Keep in mind, you can only do this during a full time out. Just tell the guys in the green jackets that you want Larry to sign your ticket, and then they'll let you know when you can go near him. Since he was sitting on the edge of the seating section, I just handed my ticket up to him, he took it, signed it, and handed it back. Plus, on my way back to my seat, I got to walk directly behind the Pacers bench.

I feel like this is a really cool thing to experience at Bankers Life, and wanted to share it with PD. Especially those here with kids, it'll be something cool they can experience.
    Not such a well kept secret anymore...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Dunno that it's a well-kept secret. I think it's just that this go-round with LJB there's not the huge line there used to be. I remember when we had our first STs in Section 3, there's be a line so long that the usher would count and once it got to a certain point he'd turn people away. There had to be a timeout of a certain length before Larry would sign, and only a certain number of those every game. It was pretty obvious what people were doing, too (and I got a ticket signed as well). The length of the line and the demand has gotten lower as time has gone on and people just get used to him being there.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is cool, but I thought this was common knowledge

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

My favorite part is at the end when he says, "I know something you do not know. I......am not left-handed!"
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    My favorite part is at the end when he says, "I know something you do not know. I......am not left-handed!"
    Actually I am

I forget when I first picked up on this, but I thought it was very cool once I knew. I took advantage of it once when I had close-to-the-floor tickets a few seasons ago. The kid of a co-worker idolized Larry Bird, and so I got him to sign my ticket so I could give it to her. That was neat to be able to do.

Actually I am
    freak... :P

Sports Logo

I will remember to do this in Mid-June when I visit.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Don't you still have to have a court side ticket? Rows 7 and below are expensive.
    @qandrews9428

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm an old coot, but I still have my Phys Ed t-shirt from Indiana State that I would love to get signed some day.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    there's be a line so long that the usher would count and once it got to a certain point he'd turn people away.
    And say "Get used to disappointment."

(Sorry. MagicRat started it.)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I received an added bonus when Larry signed one of my tickets: his thumb print on a not-yet-quite-dry sharpie autograph.
    And yes, most of the ushers will not let you down near LB unless you are Row 7 or lower. He will only sign tickets. The reason for this, as told to me by someone with the team, is that he found that people were putting a lot of items he signed on ebay the next day.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Does anyone know if Mark & Slick do autographs?

I have a couple Mark & Slick bobbleheads new in their boxes never opened that I've thought
    about bringing and asking them if they would autograph, but have never gotten up the muster
    to ask. Was thinking about keeping one for a family heirloom, and maybe donating the other
    to have put in a time capsule, or maybe a charity or something.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post

I have a couple Mark & Slick bobbleheads new in their boxes never opened that I've thought
    about bringing and asking them if they would autograph, but have never gotten up the muster
    to ask. Was thinking about keeping one for a family heirloom, and maybe donating the other
    You be willing to sell one of those? Also, I'm sure Mark and Slick would be more than willing.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post

If you come around to the Hoosier Brewed stand on the main concourse, you'll see the snap-barrier across the entrance to sections 15-16. That's where Mark & Slick come in and out. You can pretty much always catch Slick about 10 minutes or so before game time, usually somewhere between there and the smoking porch by the escalators. You can sometimes catch Mark, but I think you need to be about 30 minutes early to do that since he is almost always at his post well before the game.

Slick will sign autographs - I just finally got him to sign my ABA ball. Mark I don't know, I've never asked, but he will talk to you while he is there.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    You be willing to sell one of those? Also, I'm sure Mark and Slick would be more than willing.
    No, I hadn't considered selling them. These were purchased from the Home Court gift shop at
    Circle Center mall quite a few years ago, and I really don't know what their availability is now.
    If the gift shop no longer carries them, you might try checking Ebay because I wouldn't be
    surprised if they pop up for sale on there every now and then.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

i dont really think this is much of a secret but you do have to have locker room restaurant access on your ticket, meaning you need to buy a lower level ticket behind pacers bench, and the lines form during time outs. you cant stand there and wait while the game is on.

You don't have to be behind the Pacers' bench. Anywhere in the lowest 7 rows has access. If you have a ticket rep, you can sometimes also get a pass that lets you get into the Best Locker Room level even if you aren't sitting in the proper seating section.

I wasn't in that level when I got Larry's autograph, but it was at one of the games prior to getting our attendance back, so I think they were being lenient.
    BillS

Appreciate it
    "We want Miami"