Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Warriors Post Game Thread - 3/4

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Warriors Post Game Thread - 3/4

What the heck are the Rockets doing?

They first fail to make a steal that appeared easy then they leave Beasley open for 3 and then they turn it over.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ray Allen is going to make a 3.
    @qandrews9428

That was way too close Rockets, but thank you.
    @qandrews9428

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

would love to go 3-0 on this road trip, and i believe Miami plays @ San Antonio next

Over the next 7 game stretch, Pacers really need to go 6-1.
    @qandrews9428

Nice win for the Rockets, still would've been nice if we could've gotten this one tonight though.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I said this in the game thread, but this team is incapable of winning more than 5 in a row recently.. Since they had the 9 and 7 game winning streaks to start the season, they have lost after the 5th win four consecutive times.
    I remember the days when we savored a 5 game win streak for several years.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scott Agness@ScottAgness 17m David West: “Mentally, we’ve got to be way tougher than we are because it’s time. It’s just time."

Scott Agness@ScottAgness 8m
    West, Mahinmi and Butler had a discussion on the side in the locker room postgame. Wouldn’t reveal what was said.

David's pissed, as someone in the thread predicted earlier this is probably the game that shifts our focus.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

How many times do we have to have a fire lit? Seems we've been over this already.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    Scott Agness@ScottAgness 17m David West: “Mentally, we’ve got to be way tougher than we are because it’s time. It’s just time."

Scott Agness@ScottAgness 8m
    West, Mahinmi and Butler had a discussion on the side in the locker room postgame. Wouldn’t reveal what was said.

David's pissed, as someone in the thread predicted earlier this is probably the game that shifts our focus.
    Mahinmi asking West to tell Turner and Lance to stop passing him the ball for the mid-range jumpers. Its a wasted shot and makes Ian look terrible.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Well, tonight wasn't on West. He made all the plays when he had to tonight. Not sure what else he can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I'm saying that Thibodeau's Bulls were run into the ground because they constantly played at 110%.
    How is giving effort 20 minutes a game 110%

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    I remember the days when we savored a 5 game win streak for several years.
    They were the things of legend back then...

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I really have to thank God more often for giving me the ability to look at the big picture and no overreact to every little thing that happens. Man, I just don't know how some of you do it.
    Poor play for the last month is a LITTLE THING? Not trying to be a smart *** but what exactly is the big picture?

I wonder what a tongue lashing from David West feels like. PG, Lance and Hibbert, are finding out right now.

Vogel has been talking about how much guys like West and Hill have been sacrificing all year so Lance and PG can have the season they are having.

I'm thinking the Sacrificing is about over for David West.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-04-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    Poor play for the last month is a LITTLE THING? Not trying to be a smart *** but what exactly is the big picture?
    Playoffs. Peaking at the right time. Losses like this can be good for a team. It might light a fire. They showed when they are locked in, that 5 man groupe can play soul crushing defense. That effort at the end of the game--that's what you will see in the playoffs.

I was at the game. Tough loss, we should have gone for two for one with 30 seconds left. However, having Larry Bird sign my ticket made my night.

1800432_10151953091454249_761444021_n.jpg

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Turner's going to **** me off a lot in his few months here
    I'm realizing that I still harbor some left-over resentment from his OSU days.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

I just don't see the offense for this team. I don't see what Frank gets them into except David West being better than his defensive matchup, and Paul George hero ball. This team will have to win on defense. That's nothing new. But if that's the case, then they'd better get back to playing it at a championship level. Mentally, they're not doing it. Too much cheating toward non-threats and abandoning the perimeter, too much inconsistent play from Hibbert protecting the rim of late. Make them beat you with long 2s. That's it. That's all there is.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

I just think they've misused Scola all year. Those pick and pop shots that he gets are a hair out of his range. I don't understand why we don't get him the ball deeper in the post and let him use his arsenal of old-man moves to score around the basket. When he gets the ball too far away from the hoop, he either shoots a jumper out of his ideal range or he tries to dribble by the defender, which usually ends up a turnover. Move Ian a little further away from the basket because let's face it: He isn't much of an offensive threat in the paint or from the mid-range (although I think his shot has good form and he can knock them down from the elbow on occasion).

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I just think they've misused Scola all year. Those pick and pop shots that he gets are a hair out of his range. I don't understand why we don't get him the ball deeper in the post and let him use his arsenal of old-man moves to score around the basket. When he gets the ball too far away from the hoop, he either shoots a jumper out of his ideal range or he tries to dribble by the defender, which usually ends up a turnover. Move Ian a little further away from the basket because let's face it: He isn't much of an offensive threat in the paint or from the mid-range (although I think his shot has good form and he can knock them down from the elbow on occasion).

I feel like Luis isn't our only player that is misused. George Hill might even be a more prominent example.
    @qandrews9428

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

I believe that fans get upset about losses because we all know that if recent trends, not microcosms or little things, continue, this team will end up with the #2 seed. AND this team probably cannot get to the Finals as the #2 seed. The Pacers are having a fantastic season. Still have the best record in the league. However, the starters have to play nearly perfectly in order to beat a good team. The bench has just been dismal. The defense has not been as focused since mid January. The offense gets away from its strengths WHICH IS PLAYING THROUGH DAVID! These are trends. This has been going on for too long for a team that aspires to be #1. It's OK for a team that wants to be really good. It isn't OK for a team that wants home court.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Playoffs. Peaking at the right time. Losses like this can be good for a team. It might light a fire. They showed when they are locked in, that 5 man groupe can play soul crushing defense. That effort at the end of the game--that's what you will see in the playoffs.
    I agree with you but if they don't get that fire, they're going to get caught. Miami has the best player in the world. Also, one of the top 10 players when healthy AND they have more shooters. The margin of error is small.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    I believe that fans get upset about losses because we all know that if recent trends, not microcosms or little things, continue, this team will end up with the #2 seed. AND this team probably cannot get to the Finals as the #2 seed. The Pacers are having a fantastic season. Still have the best record in the league. However, the starters have to play nearly perfectly in order to beat a good team. The bench has just been dismal. The defense has not been as focused since mid January. The offense gets away from its strengths WHICH IS PLAYING THROUGH DAVID! These are trends. This has been going on for too long for a team that aspires to be #1. It's OK for a team that wants to be really good. It isn't OK for a team that wants home court.
    I think that's where the difference in opinions about the team is, too. The majority of us who are not ridiculously upset over a loss like this don't believe we need the #1 seed to beat the Heat. It would definitely be beneficial, but we took Miami to 7 games last year with a team that was not as talented or mature as the one we have. The gains that both Lance Stephenson and Paul George have made are huge, and the added experience this team has of going 7 games against Miami certainly helps. While our bench has been inconsistent with their play, they are clearly an upgrade over what we brought to the playoffs last season. Scola, Turner and Watson are all capable of scoring in double figures on any given night. I felt that was something we completely lacked last year except for the occasional game by Hansbrough and maybe Augustin if he hit a few 3 point shots. I could type for a while about more reasons, but I think this team is clearly in a better position to beat Miami and they do not need the #1 seed to do it. I feel that the media has blown out of proportion our goal at the beginning of the year and it has given fans a false idea of what is necessary to have any chance at beating Miami. #1 seed or not, I feel very strongly we can beat Miami in a 7 game series with this group of players and coaches.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I think that's where the difference in opinions about the team is, too. The majority of us who are not ridiculously upset over a loss like this don't believe we need the #1 seed to beat the Heat. It would definitely be beneficial, but we took Miami to 7 games last year with a team that was not as talented or mature as the one we have. The gains that both Lance Stephenson and Paul George have made are huge, and the added experience this team has of going 7 games against Miami certainly helps. While our bench has been inconsistent with their play, they are clearly an upgrade over what we brought to the playoffs last season. Scola, Turner and Watson are all capable of scoring in double figures on any given night. I felt that was something we completely lacked last year except for the occasional game by Hansbrough and maybe Augustin if he hit a few 3 point shots. I could type for a while about more reasons, but I think this team is clearly in a better position to beat Miami and they do not need the #1 seed to do it. I feel that the media has blown out of proportion our goal at the beginning of the year and it has given fans a false idea of what is necessary to have any chance at beating Miami. #1 seed or not, I feel very strongly we can beat Miami in a 7 game series with this group of players and coaches.
    Do you honestly see us taking 2 in Miami? Or winning all 3 at home. I don't see either of those happening.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post: