Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Warriors Post Game Thread - 3/4

Default Re: Pacers / Warriors Post Game Thread - 3/4

we'll be all good as long as Miami loses. Rockets are rolling

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we'll be all good as long as Miami loses. Rockets are rolling
    Would have been nice to extend our lead though. Especially with us playing another game tomorrow. A situation we are notorious for being bad in. And extra minute of effort tonight could have extended our lead

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Also something needs to be fixed with this league, when Warriors are calling for the intentional foul cause their player has a bent finger. Hill knows this and takes a shot and draws the fouls, makes the shot, and then the refs wave it off. That was utter BS officiating, and they absolutely took 4 pts from us.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    You really can't admit that game was bad can you.
    See, I didn't really think it was a bad game. I feel the biggest problem was that we just didn't execute late in the game. I saw positives in that we didn't turn the ball over an excessive amount of times, we held Golden State 5 points under their season average, and fought hard with our defense to get back into a game that not many teams in this league would have been able to. There were certain aspects of the game where we could have improved, but I don't feel it was a disaster or a poor all-around performance by any means. I thought we played a lot poorer in the last few games we won than we did tonight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    And this is why people were concerned with the lackluster performances against Milwaukee, Boston etc.....
    They shouldn't be connected with each other. If anything those lackluster performances saved us energy for tonight. Energy that we didn't particularly use.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I just wish we didn't have to focus just on the 4th quarter to either win a game or try to win a game. There are 3 other quarters, you are allowed to play them all.
    @qandrews9428

11. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Dam man

Don't want to be too sided one way or the other but its not the loses or the close victories, but the way you play. I might be off but the last game I remember being encouraged was the Houston game. Im starting to, unfortunately, think some of the Pacers (umm cough George cough) are getting caught up in the hype when we havent won nada.

Im a little upset with Vogel, as I think he is not pullin the right strings. I think PG needs some time off between now and the playoffs, and I feel Vogel has to try anything different with the bench.

Also I dont think the Turner for Granger thing has anything to do with the way their playing. To me this has been a pattern since Houston and maybe the competition being less than stellar lately , leads to complacency and taking games for granted.

What I would do, right or wrong is sit Roy and start Mahimi for a few games. Talk with big Roy and reassure him , tell him he needs some rest, cause the big fellow is not performing like the weapon he is. I would also think about putting Turner as the back up PG. He would focus more on play making, reducing his tendency to shoot, and allowing CJ , who I think is much more effective as a 2 guard , play that role

Not 100% sure whats going on but this is the first time I can remember when I am legitimately concerned
    Sittin on top of the world!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

And I said this in the game thread, but this team is incapable of winning more than 5 in a row recently.. Since they had the 9 and 7 game winning streaks to start the season, they have lost after the 5th win four consecutive times.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Also something needs to be fixed with this league, when Warriors are calling for the intentional foul cause their player has a bent finger. Hill knows this and takes a shot and draws the fouls, makes the shot, and then the refs wave it off. That was utter BS officiating, and they absolutely took 4 pts from us.
    Those plays are the worst. Change the rule or the call the foul. Chris Paul is the master of anticipating the foul and putting a shot up but never gets rewarded.

Anyway, we played like *** all game and then played a BRILLIANT last 5 minutes until the final three possessions. It's really hard to be upset about things when this team can put stretches like that together.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    And I said this in the game thread, but this team is incapable of winning more than 5 in a row recently.. Since they had the 9 and 7 game winning streaks to start the season, they have lost after the 5th win four consecutive times.
    Perfectly fine with me. All we need is 4 wins in the a playoff series

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I didn't like the rotation at the start of the 4th quarter. The bench wasn't good tonight and the only thing that managed was to dig us an even deeper hole. Frank has shown the ability to adapt to a bad situation and shake the rotation up a bit but he didn't do it tonight.

Other than that, the biggest reason that the Warriors won was their bench. Klay Thompson was huge as well, obviously, but it was the bench that got them that lead in the first place. Our D in the last five minutes was great, though. That's good to see. On the other hand, if our D was better than it was in the rest of the game then we could have won as well.

In general, we could have done some things differently but we should tip our hats to the Warriors as well. They played well enough to win tonight. I hate losing at home and this loss does hurt (especially since it's against a WC team) but they played a very good game.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    Perfectly fine with me. All we need is 4 wins in the a playoff series
    Touche. Its more of just something I noticed as opposed to criticizing them.
    @qandrews9428

The officials were bad tonight all around.

Very blatant no calls when other team was getting those same calls, all sorts of weirdness going on.

Yes, I would say most of it hurt the Pacers, but there were some weird calls both ways.

Not that it was the difference or anything. But it was very apparent.

We REALLY needed to go 2 for 1 in the last 45

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Dam man

Don't want to be too sided one way or the other but its not the loses or the close victories, but the way you play. I might be off but the last game I remember being encouraged was the Houston game. Im starting to, unfortunately, think some of the Pacers (umm cough George cough) are getting caught up in the hype when we havent won nada.

Im a little upset with Vogel, as I think he is not pullin the right strings. I think PG needs some time off between now and the playoffs, and I feel Vogel has to try anything different with the bench.

Also I dont think the Turner for Granger thing has anything to do with the way their playing. To me this has been a pattern since Houston and maybe the competition being less than stellar lately , leads to complacency and taking games for granted.

What I would do, right or wrong is sit Roy and start Mahimi for a few games. Talk with big Roy and reassure him , tell him he needs some rest, cause the big fellow is not performing like the weapon he is. I would also think about putting Turner as the back up PG. He would focus more on play making, reducing his tendency to shoot, and allowing CJ , who I think is much more effective as a 2 guard , play that role

Not 100% sure whats going on but this is the first time I can remember when I am legitimately concerned

Well one thing Vogel can do is put freaking Copeland in the Line up at the 3 off the bench. This bench has to score points. We have no 3pt shooters on the bench and they aren't playing any real Defense anyways. Who in the bench line up can knock down the 3? Nobody. So they sit there and run the same freaking play over and over with Scola hoping his shot is on that night. Or Lance takes it himself. Don't even get me started on Evan Turner, what a hack. Dude has no sack, all i've seen him do is pull up for contested 10ft jumpers. Sometimes he hits them. Sometimes he misses them. No consistency.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

It's clear that our bench personnel isn't the problem.

Luckily, we have a front office guy that seems to see exactly what we see a lot of the time. He knows its not the talent on the bench, its the coaching. Bird knows all.
    @qandrews9428

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    Bold prediction: This is the game that lights a fire under our ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why would this loss light a fire under their butts when any of the recent losses didn't do the same?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

yea but then they called it a foul when PG slipped lol

it was bad all around though

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I felt the game was called entirely too tight. Too many fouls on both ends, which really hurt the flow of the game.

Gotta hand it to Klay Thompson, he was a beast tonight. However, kudos to the team for battling back and showing a lot of fight and heart late. Regardless of the score, they never quit.

Also outside of Scola, the bench really gave us nothing tonight.

Luckily, we have a front office guy that seems to see exactly what we see a lot of the time. He knows its not the talent on the bench, its the coaching. Bird knows all.
    Bird needs to demand that Vogel bring in a offensive assistant coach this off-season. There is no excuse the lack of any real system that we run. These guys can't even get into a set with out the shot clock running down.

Hate to break it to some of you but the Pacers weren't gonna finish the season with thirty straight wins.

Big picture, we've at least split the season series with every contender or fringe contender (SAS, MIA, LAC, HOU, POR, GSW) besides OKC.

Can't get bent out of shape about losing a tight one to a good team.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Looking at the stats, it's amazing how close this game truly was. What is a little bit reassuring, is the last 5 minutes of lockdown defense. It still exists, Pacers just choose not to play it the majority of the time now.
    @qandrews9428

It's not the bench personel, we're barely playing them and when we do a starter is the #1 option on the floor. We need to change the rotations and in spite of tonight, Vogel needs to give more minutes to the bench. I don't care if it's giving Copeland a shot or giving Evan more minutes but we need a deeper rotation at the wing. We also need to have someone other then Lance play most of the minutes with the second unit.

Looking at the stats, it's amazing how close this game truly was. What is a little bit reassuring, is the last 5 minutes of lockdown defense. It still exists, Pacers just choose not to play it the majority of the time now.
    Isn't that just what kills you? This team can lock down for 5 mintues get back into a game down 12. But they won't bring that intensity for an entire qtr?
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-04-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Beasley has more points than our whole bench in 4th q versus rockets

Isn't that just want kills you? This team can lock down for 5 mintues get back into a game down 12. But they won't bring that intensity for an entire qtr?
    Yep and just another minute of it would have won the game thats what is so frustrating