Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Jazz Post Game Thread - 3/2

Sports Logo

Default Pacers / Jazz Post Game Thread - 3/2

Pacers win....again.....5 in a ROW!

No GH tonight.....but still was able to win the game.

I am sure that we can all talk about how good that PG24 / Lance / West did.....but at this point.....I want to give one of our unsung Players that keeps the proverbial "engine" running while the Starters rest.

Mahinmi deserves some recognition here.....he's been doing very well defensively lately, his post defense has been great and his hustle has been been noteworthy. At times, he's underrated and ( at times...especially earlier in the year ) under-appreciated.

In the end...great win!

Thoughts?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers / Jazz Post Game Thread - 3/2

Interested to see what comes of PG24's back. He didn't sound too upbeat about it in postgame interview, I thought. But just my read.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

W on the 2nd night of a back-to-back. I'll take it no matter what the score is and who the opponent is.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

nice job Mahinmi!!!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even if Bynum never plays a minute of meaningful action for this Pacer team his signing has turned out to be vital because the fire he lit under Ian Mahinmi is burning BRIGHT!

Mahinmi playing like a man possessed right now. I never thought this would be possible but if we still voted for player of the games on the post game threads Mahinmi very well may have won it tonight.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

Nice win, Turner has struggled on his free throws since coming here, but knocked down 2 big ones late

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

With the win tonight the Pacers are officially in the playoffs.....if we lose out the most losses we could have is 36, and Cleveland(9th spot) has 37 right now.

EDIT: boombaby1987 correctly pointed out we still need a Detroit loss/ Pacer win to clinch.

Sent from my Nokia phone using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by The Sleeze; 03-03-2014 at 10:37 AM.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just keep winning and I won't *****.
    @qandrews9428

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I thought CJ bounced back pretty well and earned his minutes tonight, though part of that was tough shooting from Evan. One of our better block parties with Scola joining in the fun. Favors and Kanter, though still undisciplined, bodied their way to points and boards that caused problems for Roy's head and Ian's hip. Richard Jefferson must have so many naked pictures of Tyrone Corbin to still be playing minutes for this team. A pretty ugly game with the fouls and inexplicable lane violations, but the Jazz stayed in it with our poor overall shooting.

Ian Report: Despite scaring us seemingly every game with a potential injury, Ian filled in admirably for a foul-prone, off-balance Hibbert tonight. Tough game for Big Roy, and Ian did his damnedest to make the big fella look worse. He loses points for the 3-5 from the line, but his shove to Lance's shoulder after his successful putback and-1 was a well deserved moment of celebration for a dude who mostly gets credit in the deep dark world of advanced stats and odd, seldom-read game-by-game reports. Sometimes, it's just fun to enjoy the game of basketball, even if the team is dangerously close to being upset by the mid range game of Gordon Hayward. 'A-'

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

We won. I'll take it.

Hope PG and Ian are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought CJ bounced back pretty well and earned his minutes tonight, though part of that was tough shooting from Evan. One of our better block parties with Scola joining in the fun. Favors and Kanter, though still undisciplined, bodied their way to points and boards that caused problems for Roy's head and Ian's hip. Richard Jefferson must have so many naked pictures of Tyrone Corbin to still be playing minutes for this team. A pretty ugly game with the fouls and inexplicable lane violations, but the Jazz stayed in it with our poor overall shooting.

Ian Report: Despite scaring us seemingly every game with a potential injury, Ian filled in admirably for a foul-prone, off-balance Hibbert tonight. Tough game for Big Roy, and Ian did his damnedest to make the big fella look worse. He loses points for the 3-5 from the line, but his shove to Lance's shoulder after his successful putback and-1 was a well deserved moment of celebration for a dude who mostly gets credit in the deep dark world of advanced stats and odd, seldom-read game-by-game reports. Sometimes, it's just fun to enjoy the game of basketball, even if the team is dangerously close to being upset by the mid range game of Gordon Hayward. 'A-'

Have you given him an A all year?
    @qandrews9428

Great teams have to find ways to grind and win. It doesn't always have to be pretty.

I thought Ian was huge tonight. His energy and fire really gave the team a lift when we looked a bit flat and tired.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Ian is definitely the player of the game for me. Roy struggled a lot tonight (foul trouble and missed shots) but Ian came in and gave us the production that we needed out of our C spot. We could lose this game if it wasn't for him.

Evan and Lance didn't have a good shooting night but they both hit clutch FTs down the stretch. So, I have to hand it to them as well.

PG and West were obviously great.

CJ had a very nice game as well. He played a big role in that 3rd quarter run that turned the tide of the game in our favor.

Scola was good. He didn't shot it great but he had some nice defensive plays.

Sloan only played 9 minutes and didn't do much. He was much better at the beginning of the season. I still like his drives but he has to be a bit more confident in his scoring abilities
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Ian was awesome. Ill take D West as player of the game. He stepped up today. Both of those guy did. CJ Watson also played solid today.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Have you given him an A all year?
    I'm pretty sure I have, but I'm not sure how to search for it other than go back through all the post game threads.

I understand giving him an 'A' for the game, and my assessment is the end-all-be-all (or even the end-some-be-some) but if he shoots under his free throw percentage, he gets docked. It's arbitrary, but it's my report whateveridowhatiwant.

Edit: That should say my assessment is NOT the end all be all, you big dummy.
    Last edited by AesopRockOn; 03-02-2014 at 10:14 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

We played a sub-par game and came out with a win against a pretty active team. While Hayward has gotten better and better, PG24 is now ahead of him. That wasn't the case sometime last year IMO.

Sports Logo

Richard Jefferson must have so many naked pictures of Tyrone Corbin to still be playing minutes for this team.
    He honestly seemed to have a negative contribution to the Jazz. His only positive contribution was 1 field goal and 1 defensive rebound. On the other hand, he had 3 turnovers and 5 fouls which negated everything else that he did. Still, he led the Jazz in +/- with +9 while Gordon Hayward had the worst +/- of his team with -8

It just goes to show that this is not how +/- should be used, I guess

I'm putting my foot down on this. Ian deserves an A tonight. Do him justice
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We played a sub-par game and came out with a win against a pretty active team. While Hayward has gotten better and better, PG24 is now ahead of him. That wasn't the case sometime last year IMO.
    Was anyone even questioning this? Plz list names; need to update my ignore list.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

OMG we only won by 3. Unless this team starts winning by 20+ we're going to get swept by the Heat.

or is this the wrong thread

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Was anyone even questioning this? Plz list names; need to update my ignore list.
    There was some question at the beginning of last year. Of course that has now been answered. Still, Hayward continues to improve and has become a very good player in his own right.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

We have had a lot of recent injury scares. Keep knocking on wood. Great game from Ian tonight and thats becoming the norm!

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Mood

We definitely had to grind this one out. If we are going to get the #1 seed we will need to win ugly like this at times, which I will take!

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

PG24 better be OK. Not just for this year folks. That was our franchise player potentially injuring his back. Very, very, very scary.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    With the win tonight the Pacers are officially in the playoffs.....if we lose out the most losses we could have is 36, and Cleveland(9th spot) has 37 right now.

Sent from my Nokia phone using Tapatalk.
    That is crazy, without checking this has to be the earliest we've ever locked up a playoff spot. When I think back to how happy I was when we finally made the playoffs again just 3 years ago I don't want to take this year for granted. The fact is that the team is winning while not playing well right now but I think they can get back to playing like they did early in the season anytime. I expect Roy to start being more aggressive as the season winds down like he did when he carried the team at the end of last year. I still wish Vogel would use the talent we have on the bench a little more. He's playing Lance and Paul too many minutes for this time of year. We're too deep to play what was basically an 8 man rotation in March against a non-playoff team. Turner should have had more then 20 minutes tonight.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    That is crazy, without checking this has to be the earliest we've ever locked up a playoff spot.
    Wouldn't surprise me if this is one of the quickest seasons to locking up a playoff spot of any team. The East is just that bad this year. Obviously I would guess the 72 win Bulls hold the record, but I would guess there might be a few more teams that were quicker, but not many.