Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 163 of 163

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

  1. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    580

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Vogel wises up and plays the........



    Cope
    Rasual
    Ian
    Turner
    CJ




    lineup at some point. CJ and Turner just need to penetrate and dish to the shooters. When Bynum starts playing, it'll be even easier. He'll draw doubles. Just kick out to four guys who can shoot outside of 17 feet. But Vogel is dead-set on playing Lance 40+ minutes a game. UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!

    How many times are you going to post this?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,564

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say I've more often heard Quinn change his mind after the replay and agree with the refs, but then I only see about half the games on FSN (since I'm at the other half )
    They do a good job of trying to be objective and will admit when pacers get a break or if it's a bad call against the pacers. They don't go crazy they acknowledge it and move on I like that a lot.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  5. #153

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whenever croz posts an over the top dissection of Granger I just imagine that little kid posting about Danny in a pissed off rage and it makes me laugh
    Except that I don't allow a message board to **** me off. Facts are facts regarding Granger. I'm sorry that the majority of Pacers fans had their homer glasses on instead of spending some games focusing solely on Granger to get an idea of the kind of player he truly is. A player's worth is better gauged by what he does without the ball than what he does with it. And guess what Granger did any time a play wasn't called for him? As opposed to slashing or coming off screens, setting screens himself, crashing the boards, etc. he would come down the court and camp out at the 3pt line. This is really an undisputed fact about Granger's game if people would bother to spend a few minutes watching him play without the ball.

  6. #154

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuntius, this right here is why there are arguments on PD. We've already got rid of Danny, no need to kick him while he is down IMO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly, we've gotten rid of Danny. Yet there's still hourly posts giving updates on him, his buyout situation, his situation with the Clippers, etc. Sometimes a dissenting take is good for conversation, especially when the vast majority of opinion regarding Granger is how great he was for the Pacers organization, which is not exactly the truth in terms of basketball.

  7. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    580

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, we've gotten rid of Danny. Yet there's still hourly posts giving updates on him, his buyout situation, his situation with the Clippers, etc. Sometimes a dissenting take is good for conversation, especially when the vast majority of opinion regarding Granger is how great he was for the Pacers organization, which is not exactly the truth in terms of basketball.

    Yeah, in the Danny Granger thread. Why you feel the need to crap on Danny in a post-game thread confuses me. I guess Hill didn't play so you needed somebody to gripe about.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  9. #156

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many times are you going to post this?
    I know, I know. Helps me blow off steam.

  10. #157
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,452
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Vogel wises up and plays the........



    Cope
    Rasual
    Ian
    Turner
    CJ




    lineup at some point. CJ and Turner just need to penetrate and dish to the shooters. When Bynum starts playing, it'll be even easier. He'll draw doubles. Just kick out to four guys who can shoot outside of 17 feet. But Vogel is dead-set on playing Lance 40+ minutes a game. UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!
    Are we trying to tank to get Phoenix a good draft pick now?

  11. #158

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, in the Danny Granger thread. Why you feel the need to crap on Danny in a post-game thread confuses me. I guess Hill didn't play so you needed somebody to gripe about.
    Was I the one to mention Granger in this thread? No. Some people honestly believe we should somehow reward Granger with a ring for his 3 playoff series with the Pacers during his time here. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that.

  12. #159

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we trying to tank to get Phoenix a good draft pick now?
    I'm talking about our B unit. We need shooters to stretch leads and space the floor.

  13. #160
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,403

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except that I don't allow a message board to **** me off. Facts are facts regarding Granger. I'm sorry that the majority of Pacers fans had their homer glasses on instead of spending some games focusing solely on Granger to get an idea of the kind of player he truly is. A player's worth is better gauged by what he does without the ball than what he does with it. And guess what Granger did any time a play wasn't called for him? As opposed to slashing or coming off screens, setting screens himself, crashing the boards, etc. he would come down the court and camp out at the 3pt line. This is really an undisputed fact about Granger's game if people would bother to spend a few minutes watching him play without the ball.
    Thy only thing is EVERYHING you say about DG comes off as an over the top opinion based rant. No stats, or facts to back up your claim. You didn't like him as a player, that's fine. But everything else you're saying is your opinion that you're trying to pass as a fact.

    But as another poster said, why even bring it up at this point. He's gone, you should be living in paradise...well at least until G.Hill comes back.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  15. #161

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thy only thing is EVERYHING you say about DG comes off as an over the top opinion based rant. No stats, or facts to back up your claim. You didn't like him as a player, that's fine. But everything else you're saying is your opinion that you're trying to pass as a fact.

    But as another poster said, why even bring it up at this point. He's gone, you should be living in paradise...well at least until G.Hill comes back.
    To state I don't use facts is completely and utterly false. 5 years of under 43% shooting while declining every single year, poor ball handling, poor on and off ball movement, poor defensive discipline, camping out at the wing 3pt line, bad shot selection as in continually passing up an open look for a contested shot or taking a long jumper completely outside the flow of the offense, the fact that the Pacers improved without Granger because we replaced him with someone who is indeed active on the court, etc. I've always used stats and basketball understanding to back up my opinion on Granger. People on the boards don't care for my opinion because those who generally gravitate towards message boards to support their teams are homers who either make excuses or will always defend their players. My comments regarding Hill (or any average starting pg) are the same. Backed up with history and fact.

    I challenge anybody to watch any 5 Pacers games throughout Granger's career while watching ONLY Granger and how he moves within the offense, and come away with a differing opinion. He was a decent player for us, but the obsession over him being this great player who could possibly get his jersey retired, has always been over the top, probably how most view my opinion of him. But Granger simply isn't a winning basketball player.

  16. #162
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,997

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To state I don't use facts is completely and utterly false. 5 years of under 43% shooting while declining every single year, poor ball handling, poor on and off ball movement, poor defensive discipline, camping out at the wing 3pt line, bad shot selection as in continually passing up an open look for a contested shot or taking a long jumper completely outside the flow of the offense, the fact that the Pacers improved without Granger because we replaced him with someone who is indeed active on the court, etc. I've always used stats and basketball understanding to back up my opinion on Granger. People on the boards don't care for my opinion because those who generally gravitate towards message boards to support their teams are homers who either make excuses or will always defend their players. My comments regarding Hill (or any average starting pg) are the same. Backed up with history and fact.

    I challenge anybody to watch any 5 Pacers games throughout Granger's career while watching ONLY Granger and how he moves within the offense, and come away with a differing opinion. He was a decent player for us, but the obsession over him being this great player who could possibly get his jersey retired, has always been over the top, probably how most view my opinion of him. But Granger simply isn't a winning basketball player.
    I like Granger as a player and wouldn't be as harsh as you are here. I think he's been more than a decent player for the Pacers. He's been one of the very best Pacers of the NBA era. He's better than Chuck Person, for example, although the difference is not great. The main thing I like about Granger has been his dedication to the team and representing the Pacers well through the dark era. At the same time, many of your points are accurate albeit not popular here.

  17. #163
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,403

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To state I don't use facts is completely and utterly false. 5 years of under 43% shooting while declining every single year, poor ball handling, poor on and off ball movement, poor defensive discipline, camping out at the wing 3pt line, bad shot selection as in continually passing up an open look for a contested shot or taking a long jumper completely outside the flow of the offense, the fact that the Pacers improved without Granger because we replaced him with someone who is indeed active on the court, etc. I've always used stats and basketball understanding to back up my opinion on Granger. People on the boards don't care for my opinion because those who generally gravitate towards message boards to support their teams are homers who either make excuses or will always defend their players. My comments regarding Hill (or any average starting pg) are the same. Backed up with history and fact.

    I challenge anybody to watch any 5 Pacers games throughout Granger's career while watching ONLY Granger and how he moves within the offense, and come away with a differing opinion. He was a decent player for us, but the obsession over him being this great player who could possibly get his jersey retired, has always been over the top, probably how most view my opinion of him. But Granger simply isn't a winning basketball player.
    I must have missed the posts utilizing facts and stats. I don't think anybody looks at Granger as a "great" player or anything of the sort. He was a good player on teams that didn't have talent around him.

    No matter what you say or think about him, the average NBA player doesn't have the career or put up the stats Danny did as a Pacer. You don't come within 6 points of being a top 5 scorer within an NBA franchise's history by being an average player. You don't get invited to play on the world basketball championship team if you're an average NBA player.

    Everything else you've said (standing around, poor on and off ball movement, poor shot selection, etc) is in fact opinion based. The player you describe Granger to have been is far from the player he actually was. If Danny was as poor of a player as you make it seem, he would have been a fringe player, at best, not a career 18 ppg scorer.

    Just because you didn't like the way he got his points or played his game, doesn't mean he wasn't a good player.

    Lastly, the pacers improved as we improved the roster. We replaced Earl Watson, Josh Mcroberts and Luther Head with George Hill, David West and Paul George. THATS why we improved. Nobody outside of maybe Lebron could've won many games with that roster or with that coach, PG included. So the fact that PG is more active has nothing to do with your argument. (Even though PG is twice the athlete, and talent that PG was)

    Again though, he's gone, so why continue to beat the horse and try to drive your opinion towards him home. You think he's not good, we all know that.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 03-02-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •