Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 163

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

  1. #76
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 18m

    "…it's just coming down and playing basketball." - Evan Turner
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 19m

    "Sometimes, I got to look at the film a little bit and see what I could do when things break down a little bit but other than that...
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 19m

    Evan Turner admitted his PG play wasn't w/o blemish but said he "felt fine" at the position.
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 21m

    Stephenson's been asked a lot about someone who could potentially replace him next yr, but he still praises the guy
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweeted
    Favorite

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 21m

    Can I just mention... Stephenson has played the good solider all year, saying the right things to media...
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 22m

    More Stephenson on Turner: "He made a lot of clutch plays to help us win the game. I mean, playing good together."
    Expand

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 22m

    Lance Stephenson on Evan Turner, while Evan Turner a locker away listening: "He's a great creator & makes smart plays."
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1/4 is such a small sample size. If he makes one more shot, he's shooting 50%. That's a really dumb example. He took one forced shot, that I didn't think was good, that was it. If Granger shoots 1/4, you come in and compliment him on how he played elite defense, and we just need to give him time to get his legs underneath him.
    Why do you keep bringing Granger into this? I recall saying in the trade thread that if Danny hit one more shot per game then he averages over 40%.

    I'm sorry, in crunch time 4 shots is alot. PG only had 3 shots in that crunch time line up. I think the 4 shots were bad shots. Because he held on to the ball and iso'd for the entire possession. Were they makeable shots? Sure they were, but they weren't the type of shots you want in crunch time. He did find PG off the screen, and found him under the basket for that reverse, so that was definitely good.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-02-2014 at 12:04 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #78
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you keep bringing Granger into this? I recall saying in the trade thread that if Danny hit one more shot per game then he averages over 40%.

    I'm sorry, in crunch time 4 shots is alot. PG only had 3 shots in that crunch time line up. I think the 4 shots were bad shots. Because he held on to the ball and iso'd for the entire possession. Were they makeable shots? Sure they were, but they weren't the type of shots you want in crunch time.
    Crunch time shots are actually very rarely easy shots. Evan got shots off that are very makeable for him, I'll take that in the crunch. And PG took over when he had to, not like Evan got in his way. Plus ET made another shot that was taken away because Roy fouled at the same time. He's already shiwing scoring ability that Danny hadn't shown all year. 16 pts is dannys season high. Also that argument about 1 more shot is silly and can be applied to any player. If ET hit 1 more shot per game he would be at 53 percent with us see what I did there?
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  6. #79

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Its a shame a guy goes for 17 pts on 8/14 shooting with 2 assists and 0 turnovers, yet still gets criticized

  7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  8. #80
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crunch time shots are actually very rarely easy shots. Evan got shots off that are very makeable for him, I'll take that in the crunch. And PG took over when he had to, not like Evan got in his way. Plus ET made another shot that was taken away because Roy fouled at the same time. He's already shiwing scoring ability that Danny hadn't shown all year. 16 pts is dannys season high. Also that argument about 1 more shot is silly and can be applied to any player. If ET hit 1 more shot per game he would be at 53 percent with us see what I did there?
    SO in crunch time you are okay with inefficient hero ball? I'm not.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  10. #81

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    I will just say I think people are nervous that the Heat will catch us so we over critic things. In his limited time Turner has been a success so far and only time will tell if he remains that way but the fact is there are more positives than negatives with his game.

    I personally cant can't wait to see Bynum play. I am trying to temper my expectations but I think he can be another difference maker offensively.

  11. #82
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a shame a guy goes for 17 pts on 8/14 shooting with 2 assists and 0 turnovers, yet still gets criticized
    Dude I said he had a good game, it aint all got be sunshine. Pacers played a completely new line up in crunch time of a close game. We are merely discussing it.

    Besides somebody has to fill in for Vnzla every once in a while.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  13. #83
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will just say I think people are nervous that the Heat will catch us so we over critic things. In his limited time Turner has been a success so far and only time will tell if he remains that way but the fact is there are more positives than negatives with his game.

    I personally cant can't wait to see Bynum play.
    Not people, one single irrational person.
    @qandrews9428

  14. #84
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SO in crunch time you are okay with inefficient hero ball? I'm not.
    Most teams run the iso set in last shot situations with the option to dump it off if you are in trouble because defense is super aggressive then and turnovers happen frequently . Also Evan took 1 shot in the final 3 minutes and 3 shots in the final 5, what is your definition of crunchtime? Turners final score was actually George, but was mis attributed.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  15. #85

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not people, one single irrational person.
    This game sure but I am talking in general terms here. Bynum, Scola, Lance, Ian all get overly criticized on PD because we all know this is our best shot at a championship in over a decade and possibly ever.

    I think it's healthy to step back and see that some fans are reacting to marginal poor play for a reason and I think it's apparent that we all have a good idea that we are witnessing something great. Some guys just can't handle success without predicting failure to stave off their own fears so to me it's best to just let them gripe and realize they are just trying to cope with success as odd as that sounds.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 03-02-2014 at 12:30 AM.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  17. #86
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SO in crunch time you are okay with inefficient hero ball? I'm not.
    define hero ball
    "We want Miami"

  18. #87
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Besides somebody has to fill in for Vnzla every once in a while.
    Why? Why do we need someone to be the devil's advocate? Why do we need to constantly argue? Why do we need to constantly seperate ourselves in "Lance camp" / "Turner camp" / "Granger camp" / "X camp"?

    Man, I just don't get it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  20. #88
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    So excited that ET is playing well! After 2 plus years, Larry Bird finally has his "instant offense" guy off the bench.
    David "And One" West

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  22. #89
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most teams run the iso set in last shot situations with the option to dump it off if you are in trouble because defense is super aggressive then and turnovers happen frequently . Also Evan took 1 shot in the final 3 minutes and 3 shots in the final 5, what is your definition of crunchtime? Turners final score was actually George, but was mis attributed.
    Crunch time to me would be the last 6 minutes of the game with the score difference in single digits. I don't think most teams run iso sets until the final minute. Infact most teams in this league run PnR exclusively in crunch time.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. #90

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    The Pacers magic number for the playoffs has to be about 2.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  25. #91
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SO in crunch time you are okay with inefficient hero ball? I'm not.
    I think this was coaching. ET was brought in here to score points. Our offense has been mediocre to bad all year. ET has the green light, and he had it going for most of the game. He gives us another option that opposing teams have to worry about in the fourth quarter
    David "And One" West

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  27. #92
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    The hierarchy on this team is hilarious. Lance is always looking to impress David West, and now Turner is looking to impress Lance.
    David "And One" West

  28. #93
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crunch time to me would be the last 6 minutes of the game with the score difference in single digits. I don't think most teams run iso sets until the final minute. Infact most teams in this league run PnR exclusively in crunch time.
    6 minutes is not really useful, what do you call final 2 minutes, the final minute? Evan got us shots he's perfectly capable of making off the dribble with minimal possibility of a turnover. In alot of instances that is better than what our offense manages to generate. Having it as an option is a Good thing. Evan also finds a guy on the pick and pop frequently when his own shot isn't there.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  29. #94
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,950

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not people, one single irrational person.
    Not true. Singling out graphic-er is unfair even though I disagree with him on Turner. People fight over little things every day in this forum. We have an "Evan or Lance" thread that was started right after Evan played his first game here and has somehow devolved into a Granger vs Bosh debate (I don't know why). The "Danny Granger signs with the Clippers" thread devolved quickly into a Granger bashing thread. In every game thread we have people that question this team and say that they are not true championship contenders and whine about not beating the other team by 20 points night in and night out.

    We're fighting about almost everything lately while there is no reason at all for infighting.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #95
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    define hero ball
    Well there are lot of situations where it applies in my opinion.
    Player A gets the ball at the 3pt line, dribbles around a bunch of screens and forces a tough contested shot. While never passing the ball.
    Player A gets the ball in a close game and chucks a quick shot early in the shot clock cause he was feeling it. While never passing the ball.
    Player A gets the ball at the end of a game and waives everyone off so he can go one on one for the contested stept back fadeaway (which is a terribly inefficient shot).

    But its called Hero ball because only a handful of players in the league actually excel at it.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  32. #96
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 minutes is not really useful, what do you call final 2 minutes, the final minute? Evan got us shots he's perfectly capable of making off the dribble with minimal possibility of a turnover. In alot of instances that is better than what our offense manages to generate. Having it as an option is a Good thing. Evan also finds a guy on the pick and pop frequently when his own shot isn't there.
    I call it all crunch time if its in the final 6 minutes of the game, or the 2nd half of the 4th quarter. If its a close game then its crunch time. Again I say just cause he is capable of making them doesn't make them good shots. I mean hell that is what Granger was criticized for around here for years. Taking shots that he is capable of making.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 03-02-2014 at 12:45 AM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  34. #97

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So excited that ET is playing well! After 2 plus years, Larry Bird finally has his "instant offense" guy off the bench.
    Nice to have a guy that can come off the bench and get his own shot at will, big Danny fan, but he couldn't do it

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  36. #98
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not true. Singling out graphic-er is unfair even though I disagree with him on Turner. People fight over little things every day in this forum. We have an "Evan or Lance" thread that was started right after Evan played his first game here and has somehow devolved into a Granger vs Bosh debate (I don't know why). The "Danny Granger signs with the Clippers" thread devolved quickly into a Granger bashing thread. In every game thread we have people that question this team and say that they are not true championship contenders and whine about not beating the other team by 20 points night in and night out.

    We're fighting about almost everything lately while there is no reason at all for infighting.
    It's human instinct to not be happy, and always look for small things to complain about. I laughed out loud at your Granger Bosh comment, it shifted with a comment about Wade, and then just shifted toward the Heat. People are obsessed with beating the Heat, rightfully so, and know the Pacers will have to play their best to beat the Heat. They see errors(sometimes overdramatized) and point them out. I don't think its fair to complain about people who don't want to just heap praise upon the team. People want their opinions to be known, which is fine. I guess I don't see the issue with people posting thoughts about a player. The forum was clearly split over Granger, and the people who were happy to see him traded are considered haters, and I don't think that is fair. You don't have to like every player on your roster.

    I agree it's unfair to pick and choose who you criticize when players make the same mistakes. However, it happens, and it's usually specific posters who you can choose to ignore if they bother you. I'm sure some people ignore me, but that doesn't really bother me.

    This forum will only be truly happy when the Pacers win the championship. I promise no one will be negative when that happens.
    @qandrews9428

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  38. #99
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    If you have a problem with the way Turner played at the end don't be mad at Turner. He was doing exactly what Vogel said/called plays to do.

    Face it Vogel's offense is not built around having a PG direct and create for others. It is about having 2-3 ball handlers that can create for themselves or others (along with pounding it inside). With the players we have on our roster this is absolutely the way we should play anyway... main thing we need more of/ more consistency of doing is more off the ball movement. You really can not fault a guy for taking certain shots when no one is moving and there isn't easy pass to a team mate (see it when Hibbert posts up, Turner gets into the lane, among others).
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  40. #100
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attempting to guard three aggressive wings at the same time will be a challenge for anyone. I really like Turner running the point.
    I think this is probably one of the best points made in this thread. That's really why Vogel went with Turner and not Watson. Well that and Turner being a better, bigger defender.

    Although it was Turner who controlled the ball down the stretch, it just as easily could have been Lance. I think Vogel realized that Boston did not have the personnel to adequately guard both players. I would imagine that both players were encouraged to work the ball, depending on Boston's matchup. It just worked out that Boston didn't switch off, so we worked through Turner and not Lance.

    What I liked about Turner is that he seems to know his limitations. No matter how open he was at the 3-point line, and it was a lot, he only took the one three point attempt. Instead, he repeatedly went to his preferred spots, getting a 8 to 10 foot shots about anytime he wanted them.

    Having Turner and Lance, both very capable slashers, on the floor together will prove to be a huge advantage for us. Paul can take advantage of some match ups, but just isn't nearly as good as the other two at handling the ball in traffic. With Turner and Lance on the court together, trying to create their own opportunities, it should result in a lot of open looks for Paul and West/Scola.

    I've long been a fan of Danny Granger, but like everyone else I did see the handwriting on the wall. I think most would concede that a player with Turner strengths does provide a better fit with the needs of the team. We will miss Granger's post defense, but Turner's midrange game, slashing/creating abilities, along with an overall equivalent to better defensive presence, provides dynamics that are more valuable to us. I think Turner's fit will only get better at both ends of the floor as he plays more and more minutes with the team.

    Obviously, most of us are absolutely giddy about the future possibilities. It appears to me that Turner may prove to be a player that gives the Pacers a lot of options this summer if the Pacers are forced to choose between Lance and Turner, or even GHill.

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •