Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 163

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

  1. #51
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    I really like Turners game. It's truly a shame we can't keep both he and Lance because those two with PG makes up one of the most lethal and versatile 3 wing combinations In the league.

    Thus far, Turner looks like a natural fit within our system.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like Turners game. It's truly a shame we can't keep both he and Lance because those two with PG makes up one of the most lethal and versatile 3 wing combinations In the league.

    Thus far, Turner looks like a natural fit within our system.
    You can keep them both if you decline Scola's option, move Copeland, and probably move Mahinmi. Highly unlikely, but...
    @qandrews9428

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can keep them both if you decline Scola's option, move Copeland, and probably move Mahinmi. Highly unlikely, but...
    I doubt Lance is going to sign for a reasonable contract. If he's staying here he's gonna be paid more than we'll really want to pay.

    I could be wrong, but that's what I assume right now.

  6. #54

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can keep them both if you decline Scola's option, move Copeland, and probably move Mahinmi. Highly unlikely, but...
    Or pay tax money!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  8. #55

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    I saw the first half, missed third quarter, saw final quarter. Just thought Celtics hit shots Pacers were willing to give, and Bass gave Pacers' bigs problems with his midrange game. Pretty much that simple.

    Very impressed with Turner. Thought he looked tired toward the end, and was shorting shots, but impressive efficiency nonetheless. This was a game Danny wouldn't be capable of playing, just to illustrate, again, why the trade happened.

    (And Evan had to feel like a featured player tonight, which is good for his confidence in this transition.)

    Liked that Vogel got to lean on the bench for a good chunk. Turner, especially, lets you do that. Not as much need to burn out PG24 & co.

    My underrated positive: Scola is starting to figure some things out. You could see hints of his shot coming back tonight, and he's finding ways to contribute elsewhere too. I was Team Cope as early as a week ago. But I've seen enough good things from Scola now in past 2-3 games to believe he's worth the wait to work through it.

    My only gripes: Scola & West were lazy/inattentive on a few boxouts (which just annoy me, because it's simple basketball and gives up easy points when you don't do it) and Hibbert played tired and played small on the boards, which naturally annoys you when you know he's 7-2.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, they really weren't. Look, we know you love Granger, thats fine. It's annoying when you make false claims to back up your point that Granger is better than Turner. It just simply isn't true. Someone just disproved what you are saying and you just ignore it.
    If you are referring to the Banter in the trade thread....well I'm not sure I ever had a point that Granger is a better player this year than Turner. I just didn't like the trade. And much of the Banter over there was about why the trade was made, not the player we got back from the trade. You people are grasping for anything to throw in my face.

    I'm definitely not 100% sold on Turner due to the situation he came from, his numbers that everyone drooled over came on a terrible team, playing at a faster pace than this Pacer team will play at, and its pretty well documented that he isn't a great defensive player. So its a pretty solid point to question how good Turner will be on this team as the 6th man.

    Dude had a good game, but lets not fool ourselfs into thinking that line up is going to be successful against elite teams in the playoffs. They couldn't run any offense with it. Defensively it wasn't great but they were able to overcome it because it was against the Celtics. Maybe they get it together, but my point was only that line isn't going to cut it against the leagues best.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. #57
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Scola has hit what, 3-4 jumpers the past two games? Good sign. Also CJ seems to have found his shot again too.

  12. #58
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He never once dribbled or held the ball for 18 seconds, and you know it (if you watched). Did you mean 6 seconds? Huge difference there. I still think we would have lost this game, without the trade.
    Okay I'll grant you it wasn't literally 18 secs, good lord. But he did keep the ball on alot of possessions in that 4th quarter line up and took some ill-advised shots. THey weren't running offense.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  14. #59

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scola has hit what, 3-4 jumpers the past two games? Good sign. Also CJ seems to have found his shot again too.
    If Scola and CJ can keep this up on top of Turner, than this will be a fun post-season!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay I'll grant you it wasn't literally 18 secs, good lord. But he did keep the ball on alot of possessions in that 4th quarter line up and took some ill-advised shots. THey weren't running offense.
    He was hitting them. Any time Evan Turner shoots 8/14, you really can't criticize his shot taking. You obviously aren't used to his offensive style, but he scores a lot of his points off of the bounce. He is not a great catch and shoot scorer, but he is definitely capable of creating his own shot. To be honest, I'm not sure there's a better solo shot creator on the roster at this point. Maybe Lance?
    @qandrews9428

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  18. #61
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are referring to the Banter in the trade thread....well I'm not sure I ever had a point that Granger is a better player this year than Turner. I just didn't like the trade. And much of the Banter over there was about why the trade was made, not the player we got back from the trade. You people are grasping for anything to throw in my face.

    I'm definitely not 100% sold on Turner due to the situation he came from, his numbers that everyone drooled over came on a terrible team, playing at a faster pace than this Pacer team will play at, and its pretty well documented that he isn't a great defensive player. So its a pretty solid point to question how good Turner will be on this team as the 6th man.

    Dude had a good game, but lets not fool ourselfs into thinking that line up is going to be successful against elite teams in the playoffs. They couldn't run any offense with it. Defensively it wasn't great but they were able to overcome it because it was against the Celtics. Maybe they get it together, but my point was only that line isn't going to cut it against the leagues best.

    Evan Turner was awesome on defense tonight. Honestly, the defense of a Turner/Stephenson/George lineup is going to be pretty damn good. The general consensus was that he was a solid defender, but the detractors of the trade didn't want to argue that, they just wanted to assume he was horrible.
    @qandrews9428

  19. #62
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,536

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    I thought it was pretty obvious that Turner was looking to control the play and look for his shot. But he did it so often that it seemed obvious Vogel was telling him to do it. When Lance gets iso happy and Vogel doesn't want it, he gets yanked. Turner was generating pretty good shots, but at the end of the fourth it seemed like he was tired and so Lance and PG closed for us.

    He was on fire today, it was a good day to test out how well he could handle the primary ballhandling duties for us.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  21. #63
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was hitting them. Any time Evan Turner shoots 8/14, you really can't criticize his shot taking. You obviously aren't used to his offensive style, but he scores a lot of his points off of the bounce. He is not a great catch and shoot scorer, but he is definitely capable of creating his own shot. To be honest, I'm not sure there's a better solo shot creator on the roster at this point. Maybe Lance?
    I'd say Evan is the better at creating his own shot. Lance tends to over dribble, while Evan is much smoother in doing so. PG is pretty damn good at it this season. Especially when his mid range game is going, which it seems he has gotten it back post ASG. Turner creates space for his mid range game while PG uses his size and length to hit those mid range shots so its hard to say who is better at creating the looks.

  22. #64
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was hitting them. Any time Evan Turner shoots 8/14, you really can't criticize his shot taking. You obviously aren't used to his offensive style, but he scores a lot of his points off of the bounce. He is not a great catch and shoot scorer, but he is definitely capable of creating his own shot. To be honest, I'm not sure there's a better solo shot creator on the roster at this point. Maybe Lance?
    WHA?? Now you moving the goal post on his shot taking. I was only referring the last 6-7 minutes of the game when he took over at point. He went 1-4, and took some terrible shots, and had the ball in his hand the entire possession.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  23. #65
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,236

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evan Turner was awesome on defense tonight. Honestly, the defense of a Turner/Stephenson/George lineup is going to be pretty damn good. The general consensus was that he was a solid defender, but the detractors of the trade didn't want to argue that, they just wanted to assume he was horrible.
    With small ball play Paul,Lance,Evan and George Hill. Hibbert at center.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  24. #66
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHA?? Now you moving the goal post on his shot taking. I was only referring the last 6-7 minutes of the game when he took over at point. He went 1-4, and took some terrible shots, and had the ball in his hand the entire possession.
    except he didn't take terrible shots. The one miss was right at the rim, he just left it short. The other two were 10 foot jumpers, which he had been sinking all game long.

    You are the only one who felt Turner was playing like this. That alone speaks volumes about what actually happened.

  25. #67
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With small ball play Paul,Lance,Evan and George Hill. Hibbert at center.
    I will go on record right now saying I absolutely HATE this idea. Unless we are in strange foul trouble, I see absolutely no reason to ever play this line up.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  27. #68
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,236

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHA?? Now you moving the goal post on his shot taking. I was only referring the last 6-7 minutes of the game when he took over at point. He went 1-4, and took some terrible shots, and had the ball in his hand the entire possession.
    The shots were not bad imho. He just came up a little short. Evan is a nice cure for the Pacer offense when it gets stagnant. He can create
    his own shot and is aware enough to find an open man.
    I am not sure we will ever see a more talented Pacer team.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  29. #69

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd say Evan is the better at creating his own shot. Lance tends to over dribble, while Evan is much smoother in doing so. PG is pretty damn good at it this season. Especially when his mid range game is going, which it seems he has gotten it back post ASG. Turner creates space for his mid range game while PG uses his size and length to hit those mid range shots so its hard to say who is better at creating the looks.
    if there is a crack in Miamis defense outside of a lack of size it's that midrange jumper when the ball gets swung around after they do a hard double team. I think having Turner will prove really valuable come playoff time and he has already played against the Heat in the playoffs and proved that he can hit that shot over Lebron and Wade.

  30. #70
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will go on record right now saying I absolutely HATE this idea. Unless we are in strange foul trouble, I see absolutely no reason to ever play this line up.

    It's an interesting idea, but I think you have to put Mahinmi in that lineup, because its definitely geared toward a more up pace offense. I don't really like the idea of PG playing the 4 though, he just isn''t strong enough.
    @qandrews9428

  31. #71
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHA?? Now you moving the goal post on his shot taking. I was only referring the last 6-7 minutes of the game when he took over at point. He went 1-4, and took some terrible shots, and had the ball in his hand the entire possession.
    1/4 is such a small sample size. If he makes one more shot, he's shooting 50%. That's a really dumb example. He took one forced shot, that I didn't think was good, that was it. If Granger shoots 1/4, you come in and compliment him on how he played elite defense, and we just need to give him time to get his legs underneath him.
    @qandrews9428

  32. #72
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,236

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    I like what Turner brings. Something unique in scoring.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  33. #73
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,253

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Attempting to guard three aggressive wings at the same time will be a challenge for anyone. I really like Turner running the point.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  35. #74
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,236

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's an interesting idea, but I think you have to put Mahinmi in that lineup, because its definitely geared toward a more up pace offense. I don't really like the idea of PG playing the 4 though, he just isn''t strong enough.
    I never would use that lineup except in very unique situations. Maybe in a catch up situation or the opponent has a small PF like Miami.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  36. #75
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are the only one who felt Turner was playing like this. That alone speaks volumes about what actually happened.
    LOL! There are like 10 people actively posting in this thread right now and half of them are arguing with me. So i'm the only one of out like 5 people. Thats alot of volume alright.

    Hey everyone is jumping off the bridge right now, that fact that you aren't just proves you are wrong!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •