Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 163

Thread: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

  1. #26
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Feeling like Step Brothers movie with these lineup potentials...so much room for activities. Turner played great D on Rondo the last few minutes, he's craftier than usual guys PG and Lance guard, and I think Turner is used to guarding Rondo from their playoff series.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You lose all credibility for blaming the guy we traded Danny for when he had a good game overall. Danny is gone and he isn't coming back, get over it.

    I'm not sure where that is coming from. I am saying is it was clear Turner didn't have a good feel for the starters out there down the stretch. He made shots, but there were multiple possessions where he just dribbled the ball for 18 seconds and when and got his own shot. No ball movement. So like I said this was the perfect game to try it out, i just don't see that succeeding against a good team.

    And yes he completely lost Rondo on several possessions.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  4. #28

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did, but when are we going to turn it up like Miami? When are we gonna get back to blowing out teams in the third? It's like our #1 excuse is "Every team is giving their best.." When are we gonna say "Even your best ain't good enough?"
    we've been saying that our past 4 games. We have beaten them

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did, but when are we going to turn it up like Miami? When are we gonna get back to blowing out teams in the third? It's like our #1 excuse is "Every team is giving their best.." When are we gonna say "Even your best ain't good enough?"
    Pretty sure our league best record against them already days it isn't good enough.

    I would be worried if we needed our best to win these types of games.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  8. #30

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    We lose this game, if we hadn't made the Turner/Granger trade
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  10. #31

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good road win.

    I saw the ending of the game.....i was surprised to see a Lance/Turner/PG24/West/Mahinmi lineup.

    Discuss......
    They couldn't guard Evan. He did a good job on Rondo and Roy is a weak, little flower.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  12. #32

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure where that is coming from. I am saying is it was clear Turner didn't have a good feel for the starters out there down the stretch. He made shots, but there were multiple possessions where he just dribbled the ball for 18 seconds and when and got his own shot. No ball movement. So like I said this was the perfect game to try it out, i just don't see that succeeding against a good team.

    And yes he completely lost Rondo on several possessions.
    No offense.... but I have no idea how anyone can say anything bad about Turner after this game tonight. He played great

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They couldn't guard Evan. He did a good job on Rondo and Roy is a weak, little flower.
    Or he had 5 fouls. Yeah that seems more accurate.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  16. #34

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    there were multiple possessions where he just dribbled the ball for 18 seconds and when and got his own shot.
    umm... that didn't happen, once
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  18. #35
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes!!!

    me too
    UB using !!!....

    I'm scared.

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  20. #36
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but there were multiple possessions where he just dribbled the ball for 18 seconds and when and got his own shot.
    This is just not true at all. That did not happen a single time.

    In his post game interview he said that Vogel told him to look for his shot first then create. He shot 8-14, I am perfectly happy with what he brought to the table tonight.

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  22. #37
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,908

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure where that is coming from. I am saying is it was clear Turner didn't have a good feel for the starters out there down the stretch. He made shots, but there were multiple possessions where he just dribbled the ball for 18 seconds and when and got his own shot. No ball movement. So like I said this was the perfect game to try it out, i just don't see that succeeding against a good team.

    And yes he completely lost Rondo on several possessions.
    They tried to run the pick&pop with West but, when West man wouldn't go help to double Turner there was no one to throw it to since every one else was standing around and watching.

    Hill would have lost Rondo too he's just too good coming off screens. Turner did a good job defensively you can't fault him because he didn't play Rondo perfectly.

  23. #38

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or he had 5 fouls. Yeah that seems more accurate.
    Well, I suppose. Roy's two fouls on Rondo were awful calls. Rondo duped him into both of them. Roy has to be smarter though. However, he couldn't keep Sullinger away from the boards. A player isn't disqualified for five fouls. Why then wasn't Roy in the last 2-3 minutes?

  24. #39
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure where that is coming from. I am saying is it was clear Turner didn't have a good feel for the starters out there down the stretch. He made shots, but there were multiple possessions where he just dribbled the ball for 18 seconds and when and got his own shot. No ball movement. So like I said this was the perfect game to try it out, i just don't see that succeeding against a good team.

    And yes he completely lost Rondo on several possessions.
    Our offense has always bogged down for stretches, it's not like it started because Turner is here now. He had about at least a half a foot on Rondo and Bayless, both of whom were guarding him quite a bit. I don't have a problem at all with him being aggressive.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  26. #40
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    umm... that didn't happen, once
    It really didn't. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playby...89750&period=4

    Look at the play by play. PG came in at 7:18 for CJ, so thats when Turner took over point. Turner took 4 shots, hit 1. First shot he took after we had possession for 6 seconds. Second shot we had possession for 19 seconds. Third shot we had possession for 15 seconds. Fourth shot we had possession for 12 seconds.

    In that time PG took 3 shots, hit two. First was after 19 seconds of possession, second was after 14, third after 9 following a mid possession time out. As you can see, not much of a difference.

  27. #41
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,443

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    umm... that didn't happen, once
    Yes it did.
    Lots of people were complaining in the game thread that he was taking too many shots in that crunch time.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  28. #42
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Plus If the offense is stagnant (and it wasn't on Evans account) I don't mind him creating a shot from midrange as oppoded to volleying the ball around and shooting a prayer.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  30. #43
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1


  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  32. #44
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it did.
    Lots of people were complaining in the game thread that he was taking too many shots in that crunch time.
    No, they really weren't. Look, we know you love Granger, thats fine. It's annoying when you make false claims to back up your point that Granger is better than Turner. It just simply isn't true. Someone just disproved what you are saying and you just ignore it.
    @qandrews9428

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  34. #45

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it did.
    Lots of people were complaining in the game thread that he was taking too many shots in that crunch time.

    He never once dribbled or held the ball for 18 seconds, and you know it (if you watched). Did you mean 6 seconds? Huge difference there. I still think we would have lost this game, without the trade.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 03-01-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  35. #46

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it did.
    Lots of people were complaining in the game thread that he was taking too many shots in that crunch time.
    And if you listened to the post game, Evan said he was instructed by Vogel to take the shot first, pass second. He did what his coach asked him to do.

    This was a nice game to experiment with that lineup. I loved it. It worked against Boston because Rondo's a little slow right now. I wonder if it will work against the Heat with Chalmers. It'll definitely work when the Heat do the sans Chalmers lineup, though I like Hill on Allen much more than Turner. Turner really gets too far off of his man off the ball and can't close out.

    How the heck did Lance get credit for only 6 assists? I saw at least 8, and I wasn't really counting.

  36. #47

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    I do remember one possession where he held the ball for a while, but still it was one possession and ended up taking a makable shot

  37. #48
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1


    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  39. #49
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus If the offense is stagnant (and it wasn't on Evans account) I don't mind him creating a shot from midrange as oppoded to volleying the ball around and shooting a prayer.
    Absolutely. This is especially true in the horror days of Collison/Barbosa/Jones/Hansbrough/Amundson. I still have nightmares about that bench.
    @qandrews9428

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  41. #50

    Default Re: Pacers / Celtics Post Game Thread - 3/1

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    cue the Evan Turner PG of the future? thread

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •