Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Danny Granger Signs with the Clippers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger Signs with the Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The final piece to the Clippers championship run! He'll be averaging 8/3/1 and playing passable defense in no time. And what team wouldn't take that? Plus he's a great guy. GO 33!!!!!!
    Since he's got here Evan's produced at the same level as Granger. He's got a different skillset, but that skillset has amounted to the same individual production while our bench unit has been worse overall. Not every team has guy off the bench who scores 15 a night. If you have one of those guys, he's a strong candidate for 6th man of the year.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Since he's got here Evan's produced at the same level as Granger. He's got a different skillset, but that skillset has amounted to the same individual production while our bench unit has been worse overall. Not every team has guy off the bench who scores 15 a night. If you have one of those guys, he's a strong candidate for 6th man of the year.
    I agree. Without Granger, we are doomed. We threw away a championship. Can I have a link to his tribute video, or a compilation of his regular season greatness?
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I agree. Without Granger, we are doomed. We threw away a championship. Can I have a link to his tribute video, or a compilation of his regular season greatness?
    Where did I say any of that? I said Turner hasn't outproduced Granger, and was saying that even though both have been inefficient off the bench both are actually better than your average substitute. I actually think we're better with Turner, but I don't think it's going to show until he's more familiar in our system.

I don't really see any reason to throw Danny under the bus...what did he ever do that merits any ill will?
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

For what it's worth, Danny was 4-8 with 10 points last night. He's not leading the team in scoring or anything, but efficiency is what I've wanted from him this year anyway. I didn't see the game, so I can't speak to his D.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    For what it's worth, Danny was 4-8 with 10 points last night. He's not leading the team in scoring or anything, but efficiency is what I've wanted from him this year anyway. I didn't see the game, so I can't speak to his D.
    I think you have to mention that Danny's team scored 142 points. Makes his 10 seem like less of a contribution. Not hating on Danny or anything, but the Clippers almost had 10 players in double figures.

(I get that you were talking about his 50% shooting more than his point total)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched early before it became a joke. He looked pretty much the same as here. His energy was good, looked eager, wanting to be a part of what they are trying to do. Danny is a solid pro and Doc knows how to handle vets so its a great place for him.

Hope he does well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

With Riddick questionable to return, Crawford injured again and Dudley out with back issues, Granger should be able to at the very least earn a serious role with a little more playing time then he had here. I think the odds are good that Doc will want to try him with the starters soon.

Clippers ran Willie Green 27 minutes last night and Granger out produced him in 18minutes. How ever Hedo got 9 & 8 in 22 minutes. So if Granger wants more regular PT he needs to hit the boards.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.