Thread: OT: My new website, would love feedback

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OT: My new website, would love feedback

Hello fellow Pacer fans.

Most of you don't know me too well around here, I admit I am a bit of a "read often, post rarely" kinda guy. But I am faithfully on here every day reading and checking up on things.

My real name is Tyler, and I am an actor living out in LA (Burbank if ya wanna get all technical-like)

I just recently (like 2 days ago) registered my own domain and got hosting space for my own website dedicated to myself as an actor.

I am designing all the site myself, so it is going to take some time to get it right, since I want it to be nice and not cheap looking. My Flash and HTML skills are a wee bit rusty, so please be gentle on my placeholder page I am going to link you

The main reason for my posting this, is that I have uploaded 4 of my Acting reels to the website for anyone to view, they are in Windows Media Format, and they stream off of the site, so if you have high speed internet, you SHOULD be ok.

I would be honored and LOVE if any of you would be willing to check them out, and give me some honest feedback on how you feel they look, as far as technically, and my acting performances as well.

Also, any Lord of the Rings fans will get a special treat when viewing the "Monologue and Scene" Reel.

Please feel free to reply in this thread with comments, positive or constructive criticism.

And by all means, feel free to check back at the site if you enjoy my work, as it will grow very quickly, and very soon as well!

Without further ado-

http://www.TylerMichaelJonsson.com

-Thanks for your time!
    Hope you enjoy and get a laugh!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: OT: My new website, would love feedback

Not bad , keep up the good work.

This is totally off-topic, but it strikes me as funny how some people are great at some things and some at others, and you never know where people's talents lie.

For instance, I'm terrible with animated gifs, flash and such like your banner, which looks really good. I'm also terrible at video editing, such as putting in the banner before the video rolls on your monologue. However, what I am good at is designing graphics and visual components for web pages. I know the site is new, but some work done in photoshop to make buttons along with a different font and color/background scheme would go a long way with your website, especially in terms of it (and you!) getting noticed.

Just struck me that we seem to be good at completely different things, both revolving around web design.

Yea Eindar, I know what you mean.

I am 100% completely inept at photoshop-ing navigations and backgrounds for sites.

definately not my strong point, whatsoever.

I will need to work somethin out for the final product on this site.

Thanks for checkin it out!

BTW: If anyone wants to check out my progress on the actual site itself, i would love any feedback or suggestions there as well.

http://host291.ipowerweb.com/~tylermic/tmjmaintest.html

Its coming along fairly well, got a friend helpin me out whose better with this stuff than me.

the nav bars are damn cool if i do say so myself

Flash can make some cool lookin stuff, no doubt.
    The hardest thing with using flash is to make a website that looks great but is also quick and easy to use.