Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 308

Thread: Evan or Lance?

  1. #276
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [/B]

    I truly think in the off season that G Hill WILL get traded and Indiana will try to trade Hibbert.

    JMO
    Lance is a MUST keep and Turner is a better player than GH. So?
    There is no scenerio in which a sane person would trade Hibbert to keep Lance. Hibbert is a cornerstone of this team and he isn't going anywhere. If Lance's price is turns out to be more then what Larry has to spend he'll just let Lance walk and sign Turner and that will be the end of our summer moves.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  3. #277
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    263

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    For the rest of this season, we should continue to use Lance as a starter with Evan backing him up. Cut Lance to 30-32 mpg or the regular season and bump him up to 33-34 mpg for the playoffs. Have Evan play the remaining minutes at SG.

    Next year, the point is moot. We won't be able to afford Lance unless we make some drastic moves and those that think we are going to trade George Hill should re-evaluate the situation. Hill has 3 years at $8 million per year left on his contract. All we would be able to get in return is another over payed player, and player coming off an injury or a player that is a trouble maker. We will stick with Hill for at least 2 more seasons.

    The real question is who can we afford. By my calculations, we will be able to afford to offer $9 million the first year...maximum and that will limit our bench options. In reality $8 million would be a closer figure. Some of the better players available in that range should be Turner, Ariza, Granger and Vasquez. That's not a lot to choose from in my opinion.

  4. #278

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you kidding? Afflalo is one of the better 2-Guards in the East. He's an efficient shooter (46% from the field, 44% from 3), and has improved his game off the bounce. Hell he's improved his scoring every year in his career. He may not be more dynamic than Lance, but he is very good player who just happens to be playing on a young team that's not worried about winning right now.



    Oladipo has done more scoring than him most games. I am not sold of AA, sorry. Now Jodie Meeks? I'm sold on that guy.

  5. #279
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    I dont know if it would work, but I would like to see it. Evan starting and Lance coming off of the bench...The downside would be Evans defense... but lance could be loose and free off of the bench. I would like to see Lance Evan and PG end games... G Hill is worthless 50% of the time....

  6. #280
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no scenerio in which a sane person would trade Hibbert to keep Lance. Hibbert is a cornerstone of this team and he isn't going anywhere. If Lance's price is turns out to be more then what Larry has to spend he'll just let Lance walk and sign Turner and that will be the end of our summer moves.

    Really have you been watching Roy Lately...

  7. #281

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really have you been watching Roy Lately...
    Roy just needs to work on that jumper of his in the off-season. It's good right now, but it needs to be more like LaMarcus Aldridge's jumper in terms of consistency. That way, Roy can dominate in the post, but against centers or smaller guys who give him leverage trouble, he can take them outside and just shoot over them. His average per game will double. He has enough post moves, so I disagree with experts who say he needs a drop step and all that. Just fine tune that jumper from 13 or so.

  8. #282
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oladipo has done more scoring than him most games. I am not sold of AA, sorry. Now Jodie Meeks? I'm sold on that guy.
    Huh? Then why does Afflalo averaging 19 and Victor 14 lol

    You'd rather have Meeks over Afflalo?! You're nuts lol. Afflalo is a good defender, can shoot just as well as Meeks AND is better off the bounce. Meeks is benefiting from D'Antoni's system. He's definitely improved, and would be great off the bench, but he's not a starter on a championship level team.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  10. #283
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,897

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont know if it would work, but I would like to see it. Evan starting and Lance coming off of the bench...The downside would be Evans defense... but lance could be loose and free off of the bench. I would like to see Lance Evan and PG end games... G Hill is worthless 50% of the time....
    That won't happen nor should it happen. Evan hasn't proven he's worthy to start yet.
    "We want Miami"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  12. #284
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,688
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really have you been watching Roy Lately...
    Yes really. Roy keeps anyone out of the paint on most days, and as you just saw a couple days ago when he wants to beat you up he will. He is a tough cookie, a hard worker, a person who has gave his all to this community, and, oh yeah, just the best rim defender in the game. It's obvious YOU don't like Roy, but we do.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  14. #285
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,458
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oladipo has done more scoring than him most games. I am not sold of AA, sorry. Now Jodie Meeks? I'm sold on that guy.
    A guy who scores on a bad team and you are sold? Hmm

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  16. #286

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes really. Roy keeps anyone out of the paint on most days, and as you just saw a couple days ago when he wants to beat you up he will. He is a tough cookie, a hard worker, a person who has gave his all to this community, and, oh yeah, just the best rim defender in the game. It's obvious YOU don't like Roy, but we do.

    three fourths of the season Hibbert is terrible. You cannot be the best rim defender when you are that bad most of the time. Take away the Miami game and he has 2 rebounds in his last 55 minutes of play. That is embarrassing. He is way overpaid, no way is he an all star and I am sick of hearing all the excuses as to why he has the problems he has. He is popular with some of the fans and those fans are just plain blind to what he does on the floor.

  17. #287
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,026

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    three fourths of the season Hibbert is terrible. You cannot be the best rim defender when you are that bad most of the time. Take away the Miami game and he has 2 rebounds in his last 55 minutes of play. That is embarrassing. He is way overpaid, no way is he an all star and I am sick of hearing all the excuses as to why he has the problems he has. He is popular with some of the fans and those fans are just plain blind to what he does on the floor.
    You have it backwards. We are well aware of what he does on the court, and realize he is the main cog in us having the best defense in the league. Our defense is why this team is a championship contender.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  19. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,926

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    three fourths of the season Hibbert is terrible. You cannot be the best rim defender when you are that bad most of the time. Take away the Miami game and he has 2 rebounds in his last 55 minutes of play. That is embarrassing. He is way overpaid, no way is he an all star and I am sick of hearing all the excuses as to why he has the problems he has. He is popular with some of the fans and those fans are just plain blind to what he does on the floor.
    99.% of the year Hibbert is the best big man defensive player in the NBA so he can't be terrible 3/4 of the year. He has consistently carried our defense for the entire season. The only way you could think he isn't an all star would be if you only see one side of the court, his defense alone makes him an elite player. I do realize he's struggled on offense but his biggest issue with that is a lack of touches. Our offense has gone from an inside out game at the beginning of the year where we killed other teams with our size to a jump shooting offense called the Lance and Paul show where Hibbert gets 6 shot attempts while Lance and Paul jack up 40 shots. It's not a coincidence that the more our wings shoot the less the team scores. Tonight Lance and Paul went 9 for 35 while Hibbert got 8 shots. Anyone who understands defense can see the value Hibbert brings to this team.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  21. #289
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,458
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have it backwards. We are well aware of what he does on the court, and realize he is the main cog in us having the best defense in the league. Our defense is why this team is a championship contender.
    What amazes me is that Hill has been invisible, PG has stunk really bad, and our bench has been non-existent. These other guys get criticism from time to time, but the hate Roy gets just seems so personal.

    I like Roy and hope he stays a Pacer for a while.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  23. #290
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,173

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    The Paul show is shooting 38 percent in the month of March.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  25. #291
    Member Millertime3131's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Merrillville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,051
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    99.% of the year Hibbert is the best big man defensive player in the NBA so he can't be terrible 3/4 of the year. He has consistently carried our defense for the entire season. The only way you could think he isn't an all star would be if you only see one side of the court, his defense alone makes him an elite player. I do realize he's struggled on offense but his biggest issue with that is a lack of touches. Our offense has gone from an inside out game at the beginning of the year where we killed other teams with our size to a jump shooting offense called the Lance and Paul show where Hibbert gets 6 shot attempts while Lance and Paul jack up 40 shots. It's not a coincidence that the more our wings shoot the less the team scores. Tonight Lance and Paul went 9 for 35 while Hibbert got 8 shots. Anyone who understands defense can see the value Hibbert brings to this team.
    Because some of us understand talent... Roy is very overrated and over valued by many on this site.. I don't know if it's because he is goofy and lame and people relate to him or what. There is no way you can watch a player who makes the most$$ on your team play horrible in excusable big man basketball and be ok with it. One on one Roy is not a good defender he is out scored and out rebounded by his opponent 95 percent of the time. Excuse after excuse is made for Roy. I beleive a big part of it is most people here have never played organized competitor basketball and just lack certain understanding to the game.. Roy does not do not by design or because he is boxing out that is horse ****.. Mutumbo who was the one of the best rim protectors ever at least shot 50 percent pulled down rebounds and dunked the ball sometimes... Some of us don't understand how others place so much value, stick up for and make excuse for a player who's only skill is jumping straight in the air and getting in people's way. I'll admit he has some value on defense but he also gives up a lot of points at the rim because of his lack of movement , strength and athletism...I hold every player on the team accountable especially the highest paid one.. If he played good most of the time you would not hear complaints, but his play on most nights and most games is like that of a d leauge player..

  26. #292
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,458
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Millertime3131 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because some of us understand talent... Roy is very overrated and over valued by many on this site.. I don't know if it's because he is goofy and lame and people relate to him or what. There is no way you can watch a player who makes the most$$ on your team play horrible in excusable big man basketball and be ok with it. One on one Roy is not a good defender he is out scored and out rebounded by his opponent 95 percent of the time. Excuse after excuse is made for Roy. I beleive a big part of it is most people here have never played organized competitor basketball and just lack certain understanding to the game.. Roy does not do not by design or because he is boxing out that is horse ****.. Mutumbo who was the one of the best rim protectors ever at least shot 50 percent pulled down rebounds and dunked the ball sometimes... Some of us don't understand how others place so much value, stick up for and make excuse for a player who's only skill is jumping straight in the air and getting in people's way. I'll admit he has some value on defense but he also gives up a lot of points at the rim because of his lack of movement , strength and athletism...I hold every player on the team accountable especially the highest paid one.. If he played good most of the time you would not hear complaints, but his play on most nights and most games is like that of a d leauge player..
    It is just odd that when the whole team is playing like dirt you single Roy out and go after him on every thread. Whatever works for you dude.

  27. #293

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What amazes me is that Hill has been invisible, . . .
    I suspect that Hill will be more visible once CJ gets healthy enough to take his normal rotation minutes. It has to be difficult being the only effective PG on the team. Donald has played hard and Evan has helped, but the Pacers are so offensively challenged without Hill on the court. Getting back to a regular rotation instead of being a fireman has to help.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  29. #294
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,196

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is just odd that when the whole team is playing like dirt you single Roy out and go after him on every thread. Whatever works for you dude.
    Roy has been particularly bad for a 7'2" all-star center. He's been playing worse than Paul, Lance, David and George Hill on average. Lance and David West have been the most consistent performers on this team. Paul and George Hill have been erratic. But not as erratic as Roy. There are some games where Ian is the better option. Not just a few either. Probably close to half.

  30. #295
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,656

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What amazes me is that Hill has been invisible, PG has stunk really bad, and our bench has been non-existent. These other guys get criticism from time to time, but the hate Roy gets just seems so personal.

    I like Roy and hope he stays a Pacer for a while.
    Roy has been just as bad as the rest of the bunch. He deserves his lumps too.

  31. #296
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,205

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    After tonights game I am leaning to Lance. Definitely brought some fire. Still lots of mistakes but he should learn as he matures.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  32. #297

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    It's Lance or bust, there is no way the Pacers settle for Turner if Lance leaves. Bird knows Lance and George are the best players and it would be smart to build around them instead of Hibbert.

  33. #298

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's Lance or bust, there is no way the Pacers settle for Turner if Lance leaves. Bird knows Lance and George are the best players and it would be smart to build around them instead of Hibbert.
    If I understand you then, Lance and PG are our Wade and LeBron, but Roy is not our Bosh. Is West our Bosh or do we have to start looking for our 3rd star again? Building around 2 Superstars may be the wave of the future but shouldn't we at least ask them to show they can win something first? Does winning the Central Division 2 years in a row mean this group is a total failure or are our expectations just out of control after 3 years of surprising success?

  34. #299

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    It may be time to start looking forward to the future, West is getting older and Hibbert is too inconsistent. Hibbert's not going anywhere anytime soon but that doesn't mean the Pacers can't look around.

  35. #300
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I understand you then, Lance and PG are our Wade and LeBron, but Roy is not our Bosh. Is West our Bosh or do we have to start looking for our 3rd star again? Building around 2 Superstars may be the wave of the future but shouldn't we at least ask them to show they can win something first? Does winning the Central Division 2 years in a row mean this group is a total failure or are our expectations just out of control after 3 years of surprising success?
    I don't necessarily agree with this approach. If we ever get past the Heat, it will be because 1-5 our starters are better, not because our Big 3 is better than their Big 3.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •