Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Evan or Lance?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Evan or Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has two good scoring games. This is the NBA, anybody can have a good game here and there. The good players do well on a consistent basis. Turner isn't consistent at all
    He's had two weeks! I can understand if that was 2 months, but in those same two weeks, literally the entire team has struggled. It's not a fair sample size either way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

20 significant points tonight and some decent ball handling.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    20 significant points tonight and some decent ball handling.
    Not bad for a "bust".

He is not a walking turnover like a couple players we have. Having one player like that you can overcome but not two.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well this will be taken entirely the wrong way and as a bash G HILL comment, but oh well. My intentions are what is best for the Franchise.

the theme of thread may need to be changed to the following "Evan Lance or George"

yall I love G Hill but I don't care that he is a hometown hero.. well I take that back I do. but tonite I was even thinking should Evan and Lance Start???? I know the answer is NO,, but what about finish games??

Please,,, im not ready to change our rotations.. Hill is a big part of what we do but he has got to give us more. I still feel like he at best played Chalmers to a draw last postseason. Would Turner do better against say a Chalmers.

anyway,,, right now I honestly am close to taking evan and lance over George. still need to see more of the Evan we got tonite before I make that official.

never did get a response if anyone would be willing to find a cj Watson clone at 1.5 and pay the difference for a jj Reddick, korver, Crawford, or maybe evn an oj mayo.

and to be crystal clear... im still a big G HILL fan. would prob love his game off the bench as a combo guard at 6 per.

Turner is very capable running the point. He is also shooting well from deep here. If he was a Pacer the whole season he'd be 6th man of the year. His defense is still very rough but his offense has been on point. Good passing, good decisions, efficient scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Turner is very capable running the point. He is also shooting well from deep here. If he was a Pacer the whole season he'd be 6th man of the year. His defense is still very rough but his offense has been on point. Good passing, good decisions, efficient scoring.

His defense would be better if he were in our system longer. He picked up some bad habits in that Philly system. I think that's the reason so many on this board were against any Sac. Kings players getting traded here. They don;t play D either. But I've always said, defense has to be taught. Players can't help it if they're on teams that don't play defense, and then get traded to teams that do. Takes them awhile to unlearn that stuff. LaVoy has forgotten quickly, but I think that's because he's a BIG. BIG's are more defensively active than guards, who are mostly finesse players.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Well this will be taken entirely the wrong way and as a bash G HILL comment, but oh well. My intentions are what is best for the Franchise.

the theme of thread may need to be changed to the following "Evan Lance or George"

yall I love G Hill but I don't care that he is a hometown hero.. well I take that back I do. but tonite I was even thinking should Evan and Lance Start???? I know the answer is NO,, but what about finish games??

Please,,, im not ready to change our rotations.. Hill is a big part of what we do but he has got to give us more. I still feel like he at best played Chalmers to a draw last postseason. Would Turner do better against say a Chalmers.

anyway,,, right now I honestly am close to taking evan and lance over George. still need to see more of the Evan we got tonite before I make that official.

never did get a response if anyone would be willing to find a cj Watson clone at 1.5 and pay the difference for a jj Reddick, korver, Crawford, or maybe evn an oj mayo.

and to be crystal clear... im still a big G HILL fan. would prob love his game off the bench as a combo guard at 6 per.
    Turner and Lance both played their best when the other wasn't on the floor really.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Turner and Lance both played their best when the other wasn't on the floor really.
    I don't know. I would have to go back and watch late 3rd early 4th tonite. all aside.. I believe G Hill is getting the message quickly and I expect and am prepared to eat crow on any all critical comments I na´ve enuff to believe. until then evan, lance, PG intrigues me.

will not deny.

Mood

Hard choice here. If it is a more of a game where we are ruing the floor and getting transition points that works better for Lance. If we are utilizing our half-court offense more and running sets or iso's I like Evan. I am still intrigued to see them both out there more together.

Mood

I really do like Turner's game and the flashes he has shows. I don't think he is quite comfortable here yet, but when he gets there he will be a huge asset. Doug Collins said the other night on ESPN that it takes a guy like Turner a little while to get acclimated.

With the travails of the Pacers offense on everyone's mind the Lance or Evan decision looms large in the off-season. I am still not sure
    Who would be best to re-sign considering the rest of the team.
    Roy is not a reliable offensive player and that requires the back up center to be an offensive threat. Ian is not offensively capable either.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

With the travails of the Pacers offense on everyone's mind the Lance or Evan decision looms large in the off-season. I am still not sure
    Who would be best to re-sign considering the rest of the team.
    Roy is not a reliable offensive player and that requires the back up center to be an offensive threat. Ian is not offensively capable either.
    If nothing changes between now and the end of the season, right now I don't think you re-sign either. With the right coaching I think Evan could be very productive as a 6th man, but I think there are probably better options. Lance needs to get back to playing within himself again, but I doubt that is going to happen.

I've seen enough of Lance and Turner. I'm voting for Granger.

Evan and Lance both cotribute tonight. Evan is much more stable. Lance more powerful. They really need to post Lance up against Wade.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

18. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Lance>Turner>Hill

Even though Turner finally came through down the stretch, Lance.

I mentioned trying to do a sign and trade of Lance for Afflalo if we can't afford Lance. Afflalo is making 7.5 mil and if Lance gets closer to Tyreke money, I'm down with it. Someone shot me down on that as if Afflalo sucks. So, who knows. I'd like a 3 point threat though. At least Lance is some what of a three point threat. Turner isn't at all.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post

I mentioned trying to do a sign and trade of Lance for Afflalo if we can't afford Lance. Afflalo is making 7.5 mil and if Lance gets closer to Tyreke money, I'm down with it. Someone shot me down on that as if Afflalo sucks. So, who knows. I'd like a 3 point threat though. At least Lance is some what of a three point threat. Turner isn't at all.
    Getting Afflalo for Lance would be great.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Can you still do sign and trades?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

I would have rather traded Lance for Afflalo and kept Granger. We'd be in a better position going into the summer.

Can you still do sign and trades?
    Yes, but the raises can only be 4.5% instead of 7.5% and you cannot give a 5th year. For a team under the cap, there is no point in doing a S&T.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post

I truly think in the off season that G Hill WILL get traded and Indiana will try to trade Hibbert.

JMO

Lance is a MUST keep and Turner is a better player than GH. So?

Afflalo does suck. I am not for trading anyone in the off-season except George Hill, Scola, and Ian.

Evan and Lance both cotribute tonight. Evan is much more stable. Lance more powerful. They really need to post Lance up against Wade.

YES! That should be featured in the game in the 1st quarter. Roy posting Oden Lance posting Wade, all day.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Afflalo does suck. I am not for trading anyone in the off-season except George Hill, Scola, and Ian.
    Are you kidding? Afflalo is one of the better 2-Guards in the East. He's an efficient shooter (46% from the field, 44% from 3), and has improved his game off the bounce. Hell he's improved his scoring every year in his career. He may not be more dynamic than Lance, but he is very good player who just happens to be playing on a young team that's not worried about winning right now.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: