Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 308

Thread: Evan or Lance?

  1. #201
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree. Bosh was more impressive in Toronto than Granger was here in Indy. He was a legit 20+ppg 10rpg player there. There is a reason Bosh is signed to a max contract. Because he's actually that good. People like to rag on the guy, but the Heat wouldn't have won a single championship without him. He's got two rings, chances are he wins more if Miami stays together.
    I am no Chris Bosh fan, but he's better than Danny. He used to give JO fits...and JO was better than Granger. Count the all-star appearances. Heck, just watch the game.

  2. #202
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am no Chris Bosh fan, but he's better than Danny. He used to give JO fits...and JO was better than Granger. Count the all-star appearances. Heck, just watch the game.
    I don't think you meant to quote ilive....
    @qandrews9428

  3. #203
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,543

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree. Bosh was more impressive in Toronto than Granger was here in Indy. He was a legit 20+ppg 10rpg player there. There is a reason Bosh is signed to a max contract. Because he's actually that good. People like to rag on the guy, but the Heat wouldn't have won a single championship without him. He's got two rings, chances are he wins more if Miami stays together.
    There are a lot of players on a similar level as Danny who have gotten max contracts, hell there are players worse than Danny who have gotten max contracts, like All-Star games that is pretty meaningless. He might have put up 20-10, but his teams, prior to Miami, were on a similar level as Danny's teams. I've been ragging on him since well before it was cool, because simply he was never that good. Both he and Granger are all-star level talents, but neither are Hall of Fame level. Lots of players can put up stats, or receive a huge contract in the NBA. That doesn't make them a Hall of Fame talent.

  4. #204
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are a lot of players on a similar level as Danny who have gotten max contracts, hell there are players worse than Danny who have gotten max contracts, like All-Star games that is pretty meaningless. He might have put up 20-10, but his teams, prior to Miami, were on a similar level as Danny's teams. I've been ragging on him since well before it was cool, because simply he was never that good. Both he and Granger are all-star level talents, but neither are Hall of Fame level. Lots of players can put up stats, or receive a huge contract in the NBA. That doesn't make them a Hall of Fame talent.
    Which is why I posted a comparison of career accomplishments for both players. To say Chris Bosh is the same level of player as Granger is ludicrous. He has always been better than Granger, and has also played at a higher level significantly longer than Granger.
    @qandrews9428

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  6. #205
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you meant to quote ilive....
    ...really. Now why would you say that. I happen to agree with him.

  7. #206
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,191

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...really. Now why would you say that. I happen to agree with him.
    Is there a reason you are seemingly always ridiculously sarcastic to me? I was trying to help you out because it sounded like you were trying to argue Eleazar's point.
    @qandrews9428

  8. #207
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are a lot of players on a similar level as Danny who have gotten max contracts, hell there are players worse than Danny who have gotten max contracts, like All-Star games that is pretty meaningless. He might have put up 20-10, but his teams, prior to Miami, were on a similar level as Danny's teams. I've been ragging on him since well before it was cool, because simply he was never that good. Both he and Granger are all-star level talents, but neither are Hall of Fame level. Lots of players can put up stats, or receive a huge contract in the NBA. That doesn't make them a Hall of Fame talent.
    Not remotely true. I am one of Dannys biggest fans but Bosh was significantly better. Bosh led a team whose next leading scorers were Ford, Bargnani, and Anthony Parker to 47 wins. He has a 24-11 seas9n where he shot 59% TS and he's a great defender of the pick and role and extremely efficient in Miami. Danny had one season that wad comparable to an average bosh season, but generally bosh was much better and peaked higher too.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:


  10. #208
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not remotely true. I am one of Dannys biggest fans but Bosh was significantly better. Bosh led a team whose next leading scorers were Ford, Bargnani, and Anthony Parker to 47 wins. He has a 24-11 seas9n where he shot 59% TS and he's a great defender of the pick and role and extremely efficient in Miami. Danny had one season that wad comparable to an average bosh season, but generally bosh was much better and peaked higher too.
    Granger is a really good player, but I think part of the confusion centers on the numbers Danny put up under Jim O'Brien coached teams. Jim had a free flowing offense that led to Mike Dunleavy averaging 19.1ppg and over 42% from three. People were literally talking about Mike as an all-star. Well, under Jim's system Granger and Dunleavy were awesome offensive players. Not so much defensively. But the point is, the numbers Granger had were inflated just as Mike's were inflated...as compared to most teams they might be on. So, you really have to factor in the history. Even now, Bosh is playing 3rd fiddle to James and Wade and he's still putting up 17ppg, 53% from the floor and he's now a good 3pt shooter. He had 5 years above 22ppg. Granger had only 2...even with the benefit of JOb style coaching.

    As unfortunate as it is to say because I cannot stand Bosh and I like Danny, Bosh is indeed a much better player.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  12. #209
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,543

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why I posted a comparison of career accomplishments for both players. To say Chris Bosh is the same level of player as Granger is ludicrous. He has always been better than Granger, and has also played at a higher level significantly longer than Granger.
    A list that mostly consisted of accomplishments from a team that wasn't even 10 years old when Bosh was drafted. When you are the only good player a team has had play for you team for longer than just a few years it isn't hard to get to the top of the lists. In many cases he wouldn't even make it to the top 5 in Pacers history, and in some not even top 10.

    As well you missed the part where Granger was on the 2010 Gold Medal winning World Championship team, or that while you included Bosh as being part of the rookie all-star game you neglected to mention that so did Granger.

    All-NBA Second Team: 2006–07
    NBA All-Rookie Team: 2003–04
    NBA Rookie All-Star Game: 2003–04; 2004–05
    Bronze medal winner with Team USA at the 2006 FIBA World Championship
    Gold medal winner with Team USA at the 2008 Summer Olympics
    Team record with Raptors option 44.2% (7 seasons) - 2 playoff appearances lost in 1st round both times (team they lost to lost in the second round)


    NBA All-Star (2009)
    NBA Most Improved Player (2009)
    NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2006)
    NBA Rookie All-Star Game: 06; 07
    Gold medal winner with Team USA at the 2010 FIBA World Championship
    Team record with Pacers prior to his injury 46.4 (7 seasons) Playoffs 3 seasons (lost in first round twice (once to an ECF team) and lost once in 2nd round to eventual NBA Champs)

    As far as I am concerned that is the comparison right there.


    By the way BnG, I have never said Granger was better than JO. In his prime JO was obviously more talented than both Granger and Bosh.



    Daschysta so you are saying two season with a better PPG than Bosh's best season is comparable to Bosh's average season? Granger's scoring statistics are actually quite similar to Bosh's, especially when you look at per 36. When you go beyond popularity Granger and Bosh are very similar players for their respective positions.

  13. #210
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,996

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A list that mostly consisted of accomplishments from a team that wasn't even 10 years old when Bosh was drafted. When you are the only good player a team has had play for you team for longer than just a few years it isn't hard to get to the top of the lists.
    For Bosh's best 5 statistical years in Toronto (all 22ppg or higher), the Raptors were above .500 3 out of 5 years.

    For Danny's best 4 statistical years in Indiana (19, 20, 24 and 25ppg), the Pacers were never over .500. Best record was .451...the year he averaged 20ppg.

    If Bosh was the only good player on the Raptors, piling up stats...and he wasn't as good as Granger....how in the world do you explain the records? How could Bosh, all alone and no better than Danny...lead that team to a much better record?

  14. #211
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,891

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    You can't just neglect what Bosh has accomplished in Miami because who he plays with.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  16. #212
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,163

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't just neglect what Bosh has accomplished in Miami because who he plays with.
    i agree, but he is not the reason they've won the last 2 titles. Lebron is solely the reason they have won them. Lebron won Miami games 5 and 7 this past year vs IND and Ray Allen saved them in game 6 vs SA.
    Smothered Chicken!

  17. #213
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,958
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A list that mostly consisted of accomplishments from a team that wasn't even 10 years old when Bosh was drafted. When you are the only good player a team has had play for you team for longer than just a few years it isn't hard to get to the top of the lists. In many cases he wouldn't even make it to the top 5 in Pacers history, and in some not even top 10.

    As well you missed the part where Granger was on the 2010 Gold Medal winning World Championship team, or that while you included Bosh as being part of the rookie all-star game you neglected to mention that so did Granger.

    All-NBA Second Team: 2006–07
    NBA All-Rookie Team: 2003–04
    NBA Rookie All-Star Game: 2003–04; 2004–05
    Bronze medal winner with Team USA at the 2006 FIBA World Championship
    Gold medal winner with Team USA at the 2008 Summer Olympics
    Team record with Raptors option 44.2% (7 seasons) - 2 playoff appearances lost in 1st round both times (team they lost to lost in the second round)


    NBA All-Star (2009)
    NBA Most Improved Player (2009)
    NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2006)
    NBA Rookie All-Star Game: 06; 07
    Gold medal winner with Team USA at the 2010 FIBA World Championship
    Team record with Pacers prior to his injury 46.4 (7 seasons) Playoffs 3 seasons (lost in first round twice (once to an ECF team) and lost once in 2nd round to eventual NBA Champs)

    As far as I am concerned that is the comparison right there.


    By the way BnG, I have never said Granger was better than JO. In his prime JO was obviously more talented than both Granger and Bosh.



    Daschysta so you are saying two season with a better PPG than Bosh's best season is comparable to Bosh's average season? Granger's scoring statistics are actually quite similar to Bosh's, especially when you look at per 36. When you go beyond popularity Granger and Bosh are very similar players for their respective positions.
    It's a joke to compare what Bosh ever had with our team in the lockout year, which significantly inflates your win percentages there. Plus accolades are clearly in Boshes favor so are stats, winning and he is believe it or not a big part of 2 championships...
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  18. #214
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,891

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i agree, but he is not the reason they've won the last 2 titles. Lebron is solely the reason they have won them. Lebron won Miami games 5 and 7 this past year vs IND and Ray Allen saved them in game 6 vs SA.
    LeBron is the main reason yes. But if its just LeBron and Wade with an average PF in Miami, they don't win a single title. Bosh has been an important cog to that team.

  19. #215
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron is the main reason yes. But if its just LeBron and Wade with an average PF in Miami, they don't win a single title. Bosh has been an important cog to that team.
    I'll go a step further: I think Bosh has been a more important cog to the Heat than Wade during the title runs. I don't think Bosh is a first option on a title contending team, but he has adapted to his role in Miami perfectly.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  21. #216
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These words of wisdom can apply to all of us no matter the age. There are no guarantees on tomorrow.
    Yes and no.

    We could all die tomorrow... true.

    Your time is limited when you're 80.

    And I'm assuming we have no billionaires on this site so none of us know what that is like.



    It's his money so he can do as he pleases. I just know if I had that kind of money and I was closer to the end of the spectrum, I'd like to enjoy it a bit. I imagine the Pacers are his biggest hobby. My favorite teams are a huge hobby for me, and again... I have nothing invested other than enjoyment of the game and seeing them be successful. If I was 80 and had a networth of 2 billion dollars, I'd be willing to burn 50 million in a fire place to go above the luxury tax if it meant a title(s).

    Again... I won't fault him whatever he chooses. It's his money. Even if we overlook the fact that he has 10-20 years left at best, the Pacers winning means a lot to a lot of people. I've never been to a Pacers game because I've never been to Indiana but I became a fan and I'm a diehard fan. If seeing them win means this much to me, it should mean more to him and even more to fans who are in Indy and have been lucky enough to attend games. I'm just a fan and I have this strong of an opinion. I couldn't imagine how strongly I'd feel as an owner. And to some extent, he should feel a slight obligation to oblige to fans. Without the fans, the team doesn't exist because there would be nobody buying tickets. It's a win-win-win if he spends the extra money. He puts together the best team possible for as long as possible. He can win titles. And he can give the fans titles.

    Given his age and bank account... I say go all out. I wouldn't burn the house down but I'd gladly go from 2 billion to 1.9 billion if it meant my team won titles as I rode off into the sunset. --- I don't even think he'd lose 100 million to pay for both Stephenson and Turner to go into the luxury tax. In the end, he might lose 50 million for 3 years of going above the luxury tax. That would totally be worth it for 1 title. If not 3. This is a great team. A lot of teams don't get opportunities like this and you have no opportunities like this when you're gone.

  22. #217
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't disagree necessarily, but Simon got to where he is today by being a prudent and savvy businessman first and foremost. Recklessly throwing out money to gamble on winning a title might go against the very grain that has made him so financially successful in the first place.
    I agree.

    I'm just saying... we're all living on borrowed time. I'm under 30 so I expect to live for a while longer. At the age of 80.... I wouldn't expect to make it to 100. In fact, I wouldn't want to live to 100. That's a personal preference though. I just feel like given the point he's at in his life, why not? Would you rather die with a large digital number in your bank account or witness your favorite team win a championship? I don't know about you, but I don't find much excitement in looking at my bank statement. If he fancies that, to each their own.

  23. #218
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i agree, but he is not the reason they've won the last 2 titles. Lebron is solely the reason they have won them. Lebron won Miami games 5 and 7 this past year vs IND and Ray Allen saved them in game 6 vs SA.
    Fantastic offensive rebound and pass by Bosh as well.

  24. #219

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes and no.

    We could all die tomorrow... true.

    Your time is limited when you're 80.

    And I'm assuming we have no billionaires on this site so none of us know what that is like.



    It's his money so he can do as he pleases. I just know if I had that kind of money and I was closer to the end of the spectrum, I'd like to enjoy it a bit. I imagine the Pacers are his biggest hobby. My favorite teams are a huge hobby for me, and again... I have nothing invested other than enjoyment of the game and seeing them be successful. If I was 80 and had a networth of 2 billion dollars, I'd be willing to burn 50 million in a fire place to go above the luxury tax if it meant a title(s).

    Again... I won't fault him whatever he chooses. It's his money. Even if we overlook the fact that he has 10-20 years left at best, the Pacers winning means a lot to a lot of people. I've never been to a Pacers game because I've never been to Indiana but I became a fan and I'm a diehard fan. If seeing them win means this much to me, it should mean more to him and even more to fans who are in Indy and have been lucky enough to attend games. I'm just a fan and I have this strong of an opinion. I couldn't imagine how strongly I'd feel as an owner. And to some extent, he should feel a slight obligation to oblige to fans. Without the fans, the team doesn't exist because there would be nobody buying tickets. It's a win-win-win if he spends the extra money. He puts together the best team possible for as long as possible. He can win titles. And he can give the fans titles.

    Given his age and bank account... I say go all out. I wouldn't burn the house down but I'd gladly go from 2 billion to 1.9 billion if it meant my team won titles as I rode off into the sunset. --- I don't even think he'd lose 100 million to pay for both Stephenson and Turner to go into the luxury tax. In the end, he might lose 50 million for 3 years of going above the luxury tax. That would totally be worth it for 1 title. If not 3. This is a great team. A lot of teams don't get opportunities like this and you have no opportunities like this when you're gone.
    If the only penalty for the luxury tax was just paying more money then I'm sure Simon would do it. Because of the new CBA there are a lot more reasons not to go into the tax and heavy restrictions that go along with it. You can't use the same exceptions as non-LT teams, there are restrictions on sign and trades. etc.

    What the Pacers really want to avoid is paying the tax multiple years and getting into the repeater tax. We want to save our luxury tax for as long as possible because eventually Roy's deal expires and he'll be capable of making a lot more money. We have to avoid the luxury tax now in the event that we need it a couple of years down the line. As nice as it sounds to splurge and pay Evan and Lance right now, you're crippling the team for the next 3-5 years by doing it.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  26. #220

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, we no longer have DG's contract on the books. Before, DG's contract would have merely come off the books. Get it?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    yea but PGs deal kicks in next year, so its pretty much a wash

  27. #221

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PG-24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yea but PGs deal kicks in next year, so its pretty much a wash
    Yes, I agree with this. Paul's new contract takes all his money from this year and all of Danny's money also. IIRC, we were left with approx. $7.7 million in Cap to resign Scola, Lance, our draft picks and Danny. This was not going to happen and still probably still won't. We will still need to clear some serious Cap to keep either of Lance or Evan and move either Scola or Ian, or both with no salary coming back. Bird has said they are all in for this year's Championship run and he was not joking.

  28. #222
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,395

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I agree with this. Paul's new contract takes all his money from this year and all of Danny's money also. IIRC, we were left with approx. $7.7 million in Cap to resign Scola, Lance, our draft picks and Danny. This was not going to happen and still probably still won't. We will still need to clear some serious Cap to keep either of Lance or Evan and move either Scola or Ian, or both with no salary coming back. Bird has said they are all in for this year's Championship run and he was not joking.
    You can go over the salary cap to re-sign your own players--which is what we will do in order to re-sign Lance or Evan.

  29. #223
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the only penalty for the luxury tax was just paying more money then I'm sure Simon would do it. Because of the new CBA there are a lot more reasons not to go into the tax and heavy restrictions that go along with it. You can't use the same exceptions as non-LT teams, there are restrictions on sign and trades. etc.

    What the Pacers really want to avoid is paying the tax multiple years and getting into the repeater tax. We want to save our luxury tax for as long as possible because eventually Roy's deal expires and he'll be capable of making a lot more money. We have to avoid the luxury tax now in the event that we need it a couple of years down the line. As nice as it sounds to splurge and pay Evan and Lance right now, you're crippling the team for the next 3-5 years by doing it.
    Roy can opt out after next year and I don't even think we can pretend to not pay him a max 30% deal. That's why it would really help to have Scola's deal come off the books at the same time as Roy and we can't really afford to dump Scola next year and spend that money on Lance or Evan. It's going to be really hard to keep either of them but I think Bird will get that done. Keeping both is almost out of the question.

  30. #224

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy can opt out after next year and I don't even think we can pretend to not pay him a max 30% deal.
    With the way he's played lately ?? Too many 5 point, 3 rebound games to think he's worth that much.

  31. #225
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: Evan or Lance?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the way he's played lately ?? Too many 5 point, 3 rebound games to think he's worth that much.
    I think he'll pick that up and play more aggressively as the season winds down. However it doesn't matter, he's the best defensive player in the nba and a franchise player because of that. If we don't want to make it seamless and hand him the max contract the day he opts out, then he'll have a number of teams in line to do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •